• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
black_vegeta said:
Kadey is a female?

O___o

I thought it was some man loving going on...

There is some man loving going on.

mark man loving.

Thank you all <3

I have a big announcement soon. :D

FindMyFarms said:
Wow, did NOT know you could do this with Abel

Ojisan Boy sickness

Beastly!

I've been seriously contemplating having Abel as my second. His mix-up game is excellent if used in the right hands. I've been spending the last few days watching Juicebox Abel vids trying to get some tips.

I will soon venture into the frustrating stages of actually trying to do his mixups and FADC's in a match.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Huh, sorry AZ Greg. Got disconnected from Live and it won't let me back on. 'bout time to wrap it up anyway, I think 40 games is enough for tonight :lol

GGs as always. Vega's c.mp is my least favorite normal in the game now.

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:
Huh, sorry AZ Greg. Got disconnected from Live and it won't let me back on. 'bout time to wrap it up anyway, I think 40 games is enough for tonight :lol

GGs as always.

GGs. Yeah, I was ready for a little break and gonna stop at the first one to 20. I feel like I should drink a gatorade or something, those matches were exhausting.

Sorry about leaving you hanging imtehman.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:

Figures you post that right as soon as I have a marathon session and get sick of playing.

AZ Greg said:
GGs. Yeah, I was ready for a little break and gonna stop at the first one to 20. I feel like I should drink a gatorade or something, those matches were exhausting.

Sorry about leaving you hanging imtehman.

Did you send me that invite soon after you posted earlier? If so, hard for me to believe 3 freaking hours went by :lol

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:
Did you send me that invite soon after you posted earlier? If so, hard for me to believe 3 freaking hours went by :lol

I'd say within 15 minutes of the post.

P.S. I hate Fei's FA :(

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Daigo is already in due to player voting (his partner is the Claw player Makoto, who OCV'd Tokido and Ojisanboy at SBO). This is only the Tokyo qualifier so guys like Momochi, Kindevu, RF, etc are not going because they don't live in Tokyo. As for Mago... his team is Mago, Tokido and Akimo (#1 Honda). I have no idea why they're not participating though. I get the feeling they're going to invade another area of Japan to qualify. :lol :lol

Oichi said:
Daigo is already in due to player voting (his partner is the Claw player Makoto, who OCV'd Tokido and Ojisanboy at SBO). This is only the Tokyo qualifier so guys like Momochi, Kindevu, RF, etc are not going because they don't live in Tokyo. As for Mago... his team is Mago, Tokido and Akimo (#1 Honda). I have no idea why they're not participating though. I get the feeling they're going to invade another area of Japan to qualify. :lol :lol

Thank you for the info sir.

Good to see Shiro playing, I personally haven't seen him in some of latest vids with him in it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Damn good shit guys this is always a lot of fun.

AZ greg you had my number but I think I am getting a little better at the Vega match up. Thanks for helping me with that shit,

Max, always good to play you dude. I dipped before you got warmed up!!! :lol :lol

Oh yeah if you played on the stream tonight I pretty much recorded everything:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

It's there right under the player itself

Thanks for the stream Haunts. GGs.

Too bad that the connections wasn't optimal, but it didn't quite feel like a one-bar connection. Still I noticed the lag clearly. Those two ultras after a blocked headbutt definitely shouldn't have worked offline, unless you would royally fuck the timing of your kick (which I'm sure you wouldn't).

If anyone is interested, my matches start from the 39min mark. Rog with the gamertag Rokitty.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3987213

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rokitty owned me..lol

ggs man, i think you had a good understanding how to get around focus. the focus attack ripped up blarogs tonight.

btw guys there is a HIGHLIGHT link on the player (there should be anyway) where you can click that and then highlight your matches and it will set a marker. please do that!

haunts said:
ggs man, i think you had a good understanding how to get around focus. the focus attack ripped up blarogs tonight.
I used to do headbutts a lot more on focus attacks even though I knew they wouldn't break it. After doing that too many times, I decided to start using the torpedo punch and jabs a lot more. But occasionally I still do a c.HK even when I clearly see the focus. Even did it against you a few times. :D

I'm really glad I picked Abel as my main. He isn't the most competitive character around but he's definitely a LOT of fun to play with. After playing with shotos up until Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, when I switched to Makoto, I never knew what I was missing out on.

Now I want to pick a shoto as a second character to play and thought Dan looked different and very fun to play, but apparently he's like the lowest of the lowest tiers. Why is this so? Can someone explain to me in technical terms why he's so awful? Because I really enjoy watching his silly moves :)

If it's absolutely worthless to try using him 'll probably go with Gouken. Not exactly a Shoto but close enough.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm really annoyed at myself. For the past few days I've been getting progressively worse, but what bugs me the most is prior to that I was playing great. Almost broke 4k BP and now I'm back down to 2.8k and losing to people I really shouldn't be :(

STG

Ysiadmihi said:
I'm really annoyed at myself. For the past few days I've been getting progressively worse, but what bugs me the most is prior to that I was playing great. Almost broke 4k BP and now I'm back down to 2.8k and losing to people I really shouldn't be :(
welcome in my world!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ysiadmihi said:

People still play ranked mode?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
arstal said:

Of course. At least when you lose in ranked it actually means something, whereas championship is just a grind fest and filled with laggy Blankas and Zangiefs :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ysiadmihi said:
Of course. At least when you lose in ranked it actually means something, whereas championship is just a grind fest and filled with laggy Blankas and Zangiefs :lol
a problem partially solved once you get out of g3 and no longer get free points and fully solved in g1 where you lose points for losing matches.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Pandaman said:
a problem partially solved once you get out of g3 and no longer get free points and fully solved in g1 where you lose points for losing matches.

You only lose 5 points when you lose in the first round. That's nothing when you have at least 15000 to begin with :lol

I'm at 23k in champ mode and gave up. The competition is better in ranked.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ysiadmihi said:

It's the Relix effect. You face me and never be the same

lolz

So wait, Haunts did a vs the world event last night? =(. Would have loved to participate, oh well haha. Was away and busy =P. Next time though.

arstal said:

Yeah it's more populated than Championship.

Man, I'm so tired...late night ass beating by Haunts on the stream, watching Maximillian vs Haunts was great stuff. We need to do it everyday from on...

I can't believe I missed Haunts vs. the World part Tres. I was studying for class. I finally got my Live subscription card, so I'll be able to play on Live again. PSN is always so dead (and I don't want to leave invites on or play arcade mode).

Haunts is there a Keystone II stream tonight? Also interview with Chris Hu, good shit, I respect that!!

And LA Riots II should be pretty good. Too bad J.Wong couldn't participate.

haunts said:

Those damn FA's, I tried my best to armor break them...I succeeded with some, then the ones I failed at, I ate a fat ultra. :(

Top Bottom