• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lol the Team names:lol

Lettuce Sandwich
Shiro (AB)
Ojisanboi (SG)
Kyabetsu (VI)

Saiyakuruto C (Disaster Route C, I think)

Chuu (RU)
France Jin (GU)
Tsukimiya Kiryuu (AK)

Konna Kyaratachi ni Makete Hazukashikunaino? (Wouldn’t it be embarrassing to lose to these characters?):lol
(^-^) (GU)
Iori (FU)
Fax Gimoto (BL)

Utsukushiki Anya ni Sakihokorusen no Bara (1000 full bloom roses in the beautiful night)
Kurosu (KE)
Renketsu Hidou (VE)
Inkuru (VI)

Giji America (False America)
Semi (GU)
Shippujinrai Kenmasu (KE)
Nekojita (AB)

Lever Ire Dai Panchi (Move the joystick and Fierce Punch!)
Zenshin Usukin Tassei (AB)
KEENG (AK)
Kedora (RU)

Busaiku Sure Sannnin Shuu in Shinjuku (Crappy thread of 3 prisoners in Shinjuku)
Haru King (HO)
Gan (BL)
Desumetabo (RU)

I asked about Keystone II ranbats. I didn't see an announcement regarding a stream on SRK.

And the Japanese National Tournament, who knows. I'm sure Reno, Azrael or someone will announce if there is a stream.

Spiderjericho said:
I asked about Keystone II ranbats. I didn't see an announcement regarding a stream on SRK.

And the Japanese National Tournament, who knows. I'm sure Reno, Azrael or someone will announce if there is a stream.

The Japanese National Tournament won't probably be streamed since they usually publish a DVD later on.

MIMIC

Banned
So I took Zangief online (and changed my title to "In Training" :D) and I learned something very important: with the 360 analog stick, I can NOT block low when I'm on the left side of the screen. For some reason, my thumb wants to keep holding down instead of down back :( I gotta work on that.

But other than that, I think I'm doing pretty good. Although I can already tell that my patience is going to wear thin having to chase all of my opponents.

DD-11

MIMIC said:
So I took Zangief online (and changed my title to "In Training" :D) and I learned something very important: with the 360 analog stick, I can NOT block low when I'm on the left side of the screen. For some reason, my thumb wants to keep holding down instead of down back :( I gotta work on that.

But other than that, I think I'm doing pretty good. Although I can already tell that my patience is going to wear thin having to chase all of my opponents.

Just wait until you have to fight Bison, Akuma, Seth, vega or a good Dhalsim. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing him. It's just not any fun hoping the other guy makes a mistake so you can land an ultra. Then there's Chun, Sagat and Ryu who can keep him out all day long.

Then, if you do happen to win, you get grief messages because you're using him.

It's not much fun playing as Gief.

def sim

MIMIC said:

I like Zangief. So much footsies in his design that change into scary mix ups once you score a knock down.

It also helps that his bnb links (Cr.shortx3 xx ex green hand) has the same timing as Dictators cr.short links. Helped a lot when I first started learning Gief. :D

Threi said:
ggs sasa.

and believe it or not, bison is my main.

lol GGs Threi. I know Bison is your main, I just have a lot of experience in that matchup. Easily played over 1000 matches against some guy in my scene who has a pretty good Bison too. And I don't know why almost all of Cammy's specials (and some of her normals) beat almost damn near all of Bison's non-EX specials. I didn't think spiral arrow would beat EX Crusher those times either.

I don't know why you were saying your Rog sucks before though, it annihilated me. Had me guessing a lot.

And I hope your Fuerte dies :lol Made me look like the biggest scrub to ever play this game.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hey guys, the test went well so haunts vs the world will probably be a daily thing. I'll hop on for a couple hours, maybe invite some norcal tourney players over and play some matches.

KEYSTONE II is tonight at 9pm PST.

haunts said:
hey guys, the test went well so haunts vs the world will probably be a daily thing. I'll hop on for a couple hours, maybe invite some norcal tourney players over and play some matches.

Sounds great!!!

Maybe playing against some top tier Norcal comp might help out my Rog & Bison. Fighting the majority of "ultra scrubs" online isn't helping much...

Also, once or twice a week is cool, but if you're hardcore to do it everynight...then game on!

Thanks Mr. Haunts sir!

haunts said:

Great news. I'll be watching. And you don't necessarily have to do it daily. I think a weekly thing on maybe Saturday or Sunday would be cool. But the more the merrier.

You da man.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Well, this is the way I look at it: I play street fighter for an hour or two every night anyway, so why not stream it? It's more fun for me that way anyway. :p

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:
Well, this is the way I look at it: I play street fighter for an hour or two every night anyway, so why not stream it? It's more fun for me that way anyway. :p

Throw up a post here or on IPW if you do. Last night made me realize how much fun live streaming is...feel's like your playing in an arcade, haha.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GGs Greg :D . Shame about the lag, at nights my connection gets worse. Still, fun games as always man! Had to leave =P

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LeMaximilian said:
Throw up a post here or on IPW if you do. Last night made me realize how much fun live streaming is...feel's like your playing in an arcade, haha.

Man it would be huge if you could log on each night! Haunts vs Max CONCEPT MATCHES are JUST TOO HYPE! :lol

AZ Greg

GGs Relix.

Just realized tonight that Bison's scissors kick isn't armor breaking. For some reason I always thought it was and never knew what to do against those safely spaced one hit scissors kicks. Wished I would have known that sooner. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Guys, please tune in tomorrow to LA RIOTS II and Cicada's Team Battle streams.

There is a special fundraiser/raffle for fighting game community member Dasrik's family (R.I.P.) who passed away recently.

We'll be raffling off a one of a kind Mad Catz arcade fightstick. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle will go to his family.

Cheers.

MarkMan said:
Guys, please tune in tomorrow to LA RIOTS II and Cicada's Team Battle streams.

There is a special fundraiser/raffle for fighting game community member Dasrik's family (R.I.P.) who passed away recently.

We'll be raffling off a one of a kind Mad Catz arcade fightstick. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle will go to his family.

Cheers.

Woah, no joke? Dasrik died? I haven't been to SRK GD in a while so this is news to me. Sad. :(

Drame

Another day learning Sakura, another day getting my ass handed. :D

Almost every fight feels like an uphill battle to me, but when I win at least 1 round, I feel so proud. :lol

Especially against Sagat, I just can't do anything to him. To be honest, I'm having huge problems against almost every character. Oh well, practice practice and more practice!

I'm on PSN right now, if someone wants a human punching bag.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
GG's drame.

man, you've got your sweeps down to a science, i've never been on the ground so often in a match. :D hope you had fun, its good to finally have a gaf sakura that can actually join my lobbies.

Drame

Good games, Pandaman!

I was in complete awe, when you were bounching me around with your Sakura, I couldn't do a thing! :D
Also, I never had even imagined doing ultra after EX Tatsu, phew! I took some "notes" from your playstyle.

Darn those blasted inputs! I think you did notice my funny otoshi's every now and then. ;) Jump to death, I'd say!
I still have some serious trouble linking tatsu after c.HP, I'll need to practice that a lot.

I really need to work on my defence, uh, actually on everything! I think the Gouken match was the best for me, I actually managed to do what I wanted in that 2nd round. :)

All in all, good games! Thanks for letting me see how it's done with Sakura.

qcf x2

Alright GAF, I'm at ~670 hrs and I've learned/improved everyone that I wanted to and a few that I don't care about. So once I hit the 700 club I'm quitting the game. 30 more hours to go! I'm figuring that's about two weeks but yeah, after that no SF for me until SSF4 releases...gonna be productive with my free time.

qcf x2 said:
Alright GAF, I'm at ~670 hrs and I've learned/improved everyone that I wanted to and a few that I don't care about. So once I hit the 700 club I'm quitting the game. 30 more hours to go! I'm figuring that's about two weeks but yeah, after that no SF for me until SSF4 releases...gonna be productive with my free time.
...by playing moar games?

K.Sabot

So after a few days with the PC version, I have come to the conclusion that it is ass, but much more fun for me.

Every other match may be in slow motion due to the turd on the other side playing on a computer from 5 years ago, but I can now play AND watch college basketball at the same time!

Leunam

Lettuce Sandwich is beasting. Shiro OCV'd a Ryu, Abel, and Bison team. They then went on and beat Mahou Shojo Zangitans team.

qcf x2

Kinda. I mean I bought Bayonetta 2 weeks ago and haven't touched it so I'll give that a go, but other than that it's Mass Effect 2, FF13 and done for me. :lol Before SF4 I had my 360 in a box for the better part of a year... I'm not much of a gamer outside of SF these days. In about two weeks it's back to the real world! :p

Top Bottom