• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

In my experience, I have a harder time against Giefs who spam lariat/command throw then Giefs who play more technical, well that's when I rush down. I'm almost always rushing down or pushing the pace so it's kind of difficult to play a Gief who does random shit. Everytime I jump in they're either doing circles for a command throw or mashing all 3 kicks/punches for lariat.

Like some of the other guys, I'm not patient and I want to rush his shit down and stomp his ass for using those kind of tactics but it doesn't always work out. The funny thing about facing these mashing Giefs are that I'm almost always kicking there asses until they land random Ultra. Which is the cause of most of my losses against Gief players.

Rice-Eater said:
In my experience, I have a harder time against Giefs who spam lariat/command throw then Giefs who play more technical, well that's when I rush down. I'm almost always rushing down or pushing the pace so it's kind of difficult to play a Gief who does random shit. Everytime I jump in they're either doing circles for a command throw or mashing all 3 kicks/punches for lariat.

Like some of the other guys, I'm not patient and I want to rush his shit down and stomp his ass for using those kind of tactics but it doesn't always work out. The funny thing about facing these mashing Giefs are that I'm almost always kicking there asses until they land random Ultra. Which is the cause of most of my losses against Gief players.

You're playing reaaaallllyyyyy bbaaadddd gggiieeeefffs. Jumping in on Gief is suicide, because he'll do crouch lariat trade into ex hands which gives him completely ambiguous 50/50 crossup into gief mixup.

MIMIC

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
You're playing reaaaallllyyyyy bbaaadddd gggiieeeefffs. Jumping in on Gief is suicide, because he'll do crouch lariat trade into ex hands which gives him completely ambiguous 50/50 crossup into gief mixup.

I'll have to remember to do that :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Cowie, _dementia, it means a lot to me.

Kadey, you are amazing. <3

Thanks all. You'll be hearing from me real soon.

FindMyFarms said:

I know they're really bad Giefs, that's why I'm jumping in on them. I test them to see if they know about crouch lariat. If they don't then I'm crossing them up all day. Anyways, because of that I can jump in on them which leads to the mashing of lariat/command throw as soon as they block the jump in attack.

This is just random online games with scrubby players, including myself. So don't expect much from me or most opponents that I talk about. But if they do know about crouch lariat then I play footsie. Basically all I do is cr. forward into fireball and anti air jump ins. It must frustrate the hell out of them.

def sim

XenoRaven said:
Anyone trying to jump in on him when they can see he has Ultra II is truly insane.

Or jump away from him too! SPD -> lp green hand to get back in range is going to be so much more effective when people are afraid to go to the sky.

Shame this doesn't really help against the Sagat, Seth, or Akuma match ups. Well, it kinda does but not as much.

XenoRaven

rance said:
Or jump away from him too! SPD -> lp green hand to get back in range is going to be so much more effective when people are afraid to go to the sky.

Shame this doesn't really help against the Sagat, Seth, or Akuma match ups. Well, it kinda does but not as much.
You know, I wasn't even thinking about him being able to hit it if you're jumping away. I wasn't thinking his new Ultra was that dangerous. Apparently I was wrong.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Good Akuma also rushes down on Akuma. You can't jump back air fb Honda at all, it's trade with headbutt at best.

Also runaway teleport is a free headbutt also.

haunts said:
how long will you be on? I seriously just woke up..

btw this is the marquee match up

haunts vs fmf

Going online now! And I'm not feeling good about Sagat T_T Tourney I went to last week both the matches I lost were to Sagats. Can u pick dan plz

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jsut did a quick haunts vs the world test and people said it looked pretty solid. I assume the quality of the picture wont be as high as our other broadcasts since i am playing and streaming at the same time..

I'll probably log on in another hour or two for more matches if you guys are down..

edit:

sorry farms, cant find my component cables for PS3. X(

Mike T

I just played a Honda on live who just spammed his butt stomp all match. It was literally the only move the guy used. As Bison it was no problem. On wakeup I would teleport away and punish. When I switched to Guile, however, I had no answer. I was able to block the buttstomp correctly but all of my punishment attempts got stuffed. Any Honda gurus out there able to spread some knowledge on how to properly punish that move?

Threi

notag
Mike T said:
I just played a Honda on live who just spammed his butt stomp all match. It was literally the only move the guy used. As Bison it was no problem. On wakeup I would teleport away and punish. When I switched to Guile, however, I had no answer. I was able to block the buttstomp correctly but all of my punishment attempts got stuffed. Any Honda gurus out there able to spread some knowledge on how to properly punish that move?
1. FA it
2. Sweep the leg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Mike T said:

Focus, move outta the way. Buttslam is really the only way for the Honda to get in, everything else he does is a free airthrow for Guile.

Really, Guile should shit all over Honda in that matchup, it's just that if the Guile royally screws up, Honda rapes Guile just as hard. It's like a Hawk ST match somewhat, just with less execution needed on either side.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
It wasn't me!

The E3 pics were from like 4 different cameras/friends! I just uploaded them!

I love you.

*panties drop*~FADC...

So, how bout that Street Fighter?

Uh huh. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now. -=falls dead=- x.x

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Uh huh. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now. -=falls dead=- x.x

I make girls drink their sorrows away.

Take notes gents.

*pops collar*

Thats how you give your stick away.

Oh yea.

ptown said:
GG farms. You want to play Gief or is this sign you just waiting for dat SSF4?

Nah, there was a big tourney in dec, and two of the best giefs in the nation were entering. I played gief for a week beforehand nonstop for matchup preparation before the tourney, and just making sure I knew all his options and what the other players would probably be looking for.

noisome07

Banned
haunts said:
I like KESHA and Timbaland...fuck create a cartoon. :p

CreateACartoon.com
CreateACartoon.com
CreateACartoon.com
create a cartoon that look like you

they need new ads >:-(

edit:

speaking of cartoons, haunts, do you know who does that louie anderson impression?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Smile MarkMan! You are awesome!

On another note... I really wanna start learning Akuma :lol . I love him, but I kinda suck these days with QFC motions on SF games don't ask me why =P

Top Bottom