• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

so_awes

Banned
Zapages said:
Best Buy told me tomorrow at 2 pm... But rumors are going it won't get released till the 19th or even late as the 21st. >: :(
why didn't you just pick it up at gamestop?

you don't need a reservation before hand. you can just make a reservation there and then buy the game on the spot.

Shurs

I've had no luck with the few places (Gamestop, Blockbuster) I've tried in Minneapolis.

I'll have the game tomorrow for sure, and I'll see you fuckers online.

PSN name is Shurs.

billy.sea

Banned
All the stores I went to today don't have it available, and every stores (even chainstore like Target) have a bunch of people asking for SF4.

all the people on my friends list who are playing right now......i hate you all
just kidding, but you're still bastards for being able to play it
:D

welp....looks like tomorrow for me, if i don't have it by tomorrow i'm gonna go apeshit on something!!! and to everyone else that doesn't have it, we share each others pain....

punkypine

to anyone interested, pretty much every eb games/gamestop in philadelphia seems to have copies. i called one, my friend called another, and on our way there we decided to stop by a 3rd... and they all had copies (although they are all in center city)

Are all the unlocking condition in the strategy guide? I don't feel like printing out a forest?

And sorry to hear some have not gotten the title yet. It'll be interesting to see how well the game sells in its first month...with the amount of fervor and preorders.

When I was at the Game Crazy, the lady said she couldn't sell their copies until all of their preorders were fulfilled. That's insane. The only other option in my area (the middle of the mountains) is Walmart or drive 30 minutes to Palm Springs.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I have a few questions.

How the hell do I do an Izuna Drop? After I jump off the wall Vega just claws them when i hit the input (Right or Left + Punch)
How the hell do I do Sagat's "Fake Kick"?...it's in the first challenge "(Begins with standing Heavy Kick) Heavy Kick
How the hell do I do C. Viper's Heavy Kick to Emergency Combination? It NEVER works.

Darkman M

Spiderjericho said:
Gill was worse. His moves had the fire and ice properties, he could juggle, do heavy damage, had great priority on his moves and had the combo of doing resurrection or the angel wings super. If you were low on health...either was an undesirable option.

Seth...just seems like a spazz with his teleports and priority. Other than that...he's not that hard, depending on the character you're using or the level you're playing. I played him on hardest...so I wasn't familiar with his AI (or the difficulty added when playing on Hardest).

I'd say Shin Akuma from SFA2 or Super Turbo are worse than both.

Though Gill's angel wing super is SNK ridiculous.

Im not saying seth is hard :lol He's just really cheap Gill would actually fight you head on while seth teleports and command throws. Angel wing was an awesome super but he could even be knocked out of that. Gill is alot stronger power wise, but he is no where near cheap as seth.

Edit: Yeah i agree Shin Akuma was the worse of them.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, thankfully, that atrocious install music is not much of an indicator as to the rest of the soundtrack. I'm pretty pleased with the fight music so far; it's a far sight better than the SFA/SF3 tunes, in any event. Some of them might even be up there with the venerable SF2's greatest.

Also, the credits scroll medley is full of fucking win.

Edit - The anime cutscenes, so far, fail hard, however.

Volcynika

MoxManiac said:
Wow, this is bullshit. My Brawler pack DLC code won't work. Who the hell do I contact for this?

Doesn't go up till later this week (PS3 version gets it Thursday I think if you have that)

Holyyyyyyyyyy fuck.

I had forgotten just how much fun VS Street Fighter can be. I fluked my way through 5 online fights.

Unbeatable you bastards. xD

So...it told me I earned two "titles" where do I find what these are?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just finished playing for roughly 5 hours straight (if not a bit more).

I've unlocked everyone and done some challenge mode stuff with Fei Long and Ryu and played a ton of non-ranked matches.

I seem to be pretty decent against the online fold so far, usually going 50/50 or 70/30.

I'm easily the best with Ryu, and I'm trying to get much better with Fei Long...I want to main that guy!

...and definitely play challenge mode with Fei Long for at least the first two challenges to unlock my favorite title so far: Achachachachu! :lol

MoxManiac

Spiderjericho said:
Are all the unlocking condition in the strategy guide? I don't feel like printing out a forest?

And sorry to hear some have not gotten the title yet. It'll be interesting to see how well the game sells in its first month...with the amount of fervor and preorders.

When I was at the Game Crazy, the lady said she couldn't sell their copies until all of their preorders were fulfilled. That's insane. The only other option in my area (the middle of the mountains) is Walmart or drive 30 minutes to Palm Springs.

Hey spider, you have the PS3 version yet?

MoxManiac

Volcynika said:
Doesn't go up till later this week (PS3 version gets it Thursday I think if you have that)

Haha, of course *smacks forehead.*

I imagine there will be some confused consumers that aren't aware of PSN's schedule though.

Anyone in the San Fernando Valley area, GameStop at the Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills still has copies available for non-preorders, even a couple of PS3 collector's editions too...! I picked up a PS3 CE and will be canceling my Amazon order tonight.

Good hunting! Go go go! =)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
SDTV warning folks. Some fonts are pretty unreadable. Nothing major, though.

MoxManiac said:
Wow, this is bullshit. My Brawler pack DLC code won't work. Who the hell do I contact for this?

Don't think it's live yet.

Teknoman

bigdaddygamebot said:
Holyyyyyyyyyy fuck.

I had forgotten just how much fun VS Street Fighter can be. I fluked my way through 5 online fights.

In the setup menu. Press RB or R1(?) at the menu where you pick the gameplay modes.

Zapages

I wanted to share this:

A guy another forum that I lurk on posted this... It looks awesome in my opinion. :)

I wanted to show off the Cake I got for my Friends Birthday/Launch party we're throwing tomorrow...

3289333818_352f97f8f9.jpg

3288657215_9182aab9fd.jpg

bigdaddygamebot said:
Holyyyyyyyyyy fuck.

Hit R1 or RB [i think that's the 360 version of R1 for ps3?] in main menu or under Network/Live menu

traveler

Not Wario
Still trying to figure out where to start character wise. Ryu is the obvious pick but I really like the look of how Fuerte, C. Viper, and Gen play. Of those, who would you guys say is the most accessible?

billy.sea said:
All the stores I went to today don't have it available, and every stores (even chainstore like Target) have a bunch of people asking for SF4.

Same. I had my sentences finished for me in several of my calls today. :lol

The only Gamestop that did have it was sold out by the time I got there. So what's the deal here? Did Capcom underestimate the power of a SF revival or are fighting games back? :D

MoxManiac said:
Hey spider, you have the PS3 version yet?

No...not yet. I'm waiting for Amazon to send me my CE...probably won't have it until the end of the week (19th is the tentative delivery date).

You don't want to play me...I'm not...Indestructable...

And Seth is just a spazz. Gill....is your GOD. Let the mark of his dignity scar they DNA...

Meteor, Angel Wings, Resurrection >>> screen smash...

Seth's teleport is his only advantage (and ugh his priority).

But enough debating...before we start talking about Pyron in the PSone Darkstalkers.

Teknoman

Story lol moment:

Of course Gill is better. Wasnt he actually born that way, while Seth is some lame science fair project? Natural talent/capabilities over "lol I stole yo skillz" anyday.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Spiderjericho said:
No...not yet. I'm waiting for Amazon to send me my CE...probably won't have it until the end of the week (19th is the tentative delivery date).

You don't want to play me...I'm not...Indestructable...

And Seth is just a spazz. Gill....is your GOD. Let the mark of his dignity scar they DNA...

Meteor, Angel Wings, Resurrection >>> screen smash...

Seth's teleport is his only advantage (and ugh his priority).

But enough debating...before we start talking about Pyron in the PSone Darkstalkers.

don't forget Huitzil

traveler said:
Still trying to figure out where to start character wise. Ryu is the obvious pick but I really like the look of how Fuerte, C. Viper, and Gen play. Of those, who would you guys say is the most accessible?

If you played me right now, you'd have a much greater chance of smashing me with the new characters, since I don't know their bag of tricks...

I'm sure it's the same for everyone else.

Unless you're a high level Ryu.

And have people mastered the FADC? I keep EX focus attacking...

And the links in this game are ridiculous. The worst since SF2 (jab>>>Fierce ???) and those were unintentional.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
chimster said:
thanks Spaniard! looks great on my tv

DSC03966.jpg

Holy shit! Im saving that :D

Been playing the game for a while and Im about to start it up again to unlock stuff. LOVE IT. I think I might end up manning Fuerte, hes just my style and his Ultra rocks

psn: Xavipants

Teknoman

I could set his ass up so bad with my luche libre skills, but his rapid teleporting screws up my counter up my reversal inputs.

Spiderjericho said:
If you played me right now, you'd have a much greater chance of smashing me with the new characters, since I don't know their bag of tricks...

I'm sure it's the same for everyone else.

Unless you're a high level Ryu.

And have people mastered the FADC? I keep EX focus attacking...

And the links in this game are ridiculous. The worst since SF2 (jab>>>Fierce ???) and those were unintentional.

I haven't masted FADC but I'm getting better. I can do it on command in practice, but in an actual game, I can't do it for some reason. I'm maining Abel, he's fucking GODLY in this game!!!

DrFunk said:
don't forget Huitzil

Eh...he was easier because he used projectiles a little more (the high and low laser)...though that magnet was a bitch.

Pyron...had a command throw...fireball, fire pillar, ridiculous teleport, priority and MWA HA HA, HA. Sounds like Seth sort of...

TxdoHawk

Spiderjericho said:

Alright, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can barely pull off something like double knee press -> Nightmare Knee Press.

On that note, to those in the know: It seems like I can charge back, forward+K for the knee press, then quickly slam back and forward+K again a split second later to invoke the super. I'm not delusional, right? This works?

I really need a basic combo system guide more than character guides at this point. :lol But I'm loving the game.

Edit: Changed punches to kicks. Durp.

Man, online for PS3 has been spotty at best. Really hard finding someone with 4+ bars, and I live in SoCal. I've had about a hundred disconnects when I'm trying to challenge a player. Really frustrating right now and seems just as crummy as most online fighters.

Teknoman said:
Haunts says you have to dash while still holding MP+MK

Yeah...but that's the problem...with those combos...it's like split second...but it's all about practice.

Hope to play you when I get my PS3 copy Tekno...hopefully no dropouts like HD Remix.

And Mox...I don't even have a character yet. I'm learning a completely knew game.

HD Remix, I could play with Vega and Ryu (and most characters). I also learned to be decent with Honda and Blanka (even beat N3ss quite a few times...with my bite).

With Focus, FADC, ultras and new characters...I'm simply a babe...suckling on the tite of Selma Hayek...

BTW...F Facebook...if you decide that you own my announcement of playing SFIV. Taking all of the credit but not doing all of the work.

RubxQub

TxdoHawk said:
Alright, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can barely pull off something like double knee press -> Nightmare Knee Press.

On that note, to those in the know: It seems like I can charge back, forward+punch for the knee press, then quickly slam back and forward+P again a split second later to invoke the super. I'm not delusional, right? This works?

I really need a basic combo system guide more than character guides at this point. :lol But I'm loving the game.
Challenge mode basically told me to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. :lol

I can beat the first two with anyone, but some people's 3rd ones are nuts...and fuck the fourth one! ...I can't even imagine how hard the 5th one is.

The timings are just all so quick, but the mode has helped me. Taught me a few new tricks with Ryu.

Raging Spaniard said:
Holy shit! Im saving that :D

Been playing the game for a while and Im about to start it up again to unlock stuff. LOVE IT. I think I might end up manning Fuerte, hes just my style and his Ultra rocks

psn: Xavipants

u have a link to that wallpaper?

Teknoman

CartridgeBlower said:
Man, online for PS3 has been spotty at best. Really hard finding someone with 4+ bars, and I live in SoCal. I've had about a hundred disconnects when I'm trying to challenge a player. Really frustrating right now and seems just as crummy as most online fighters.

You're probably just having bad luck. Even less than almost perfect network bars performs pretty nice online. The disconnects are probably just the players jumping out (though some of em could be network issues as well).

EDIT: I went for the 360 version, but still havent heard anyone experiencing too much trouble from either side.

RubxQub

CartridgeBlower said:
That sucks to hear :(

For some reason I can't see what anyone's network strength is when I'm joining games, but I've only run into a person or two with any lag at all. All of the other games have been flawless as far as I could tell.

Just keep looking for the rooms where the person is sitting in the lobby. Whatever "Figher Req." means, I don't know, but it's always meant "Can't join that game" for me :lol

360 version fwiw.

Darkman M

CartridgeBlower said:

Sure it's not your router? I have played close to 300 online matches and have had a total of 3 disconnections. 3 bars or more gives me really smooth gameplay. Im playing on 360 but Psn users have said to have great experience too.

TxdoHawk said:

On that note, to those in the know: It seems like I can charge back, forward+K for the knee press, then quickly slam back and forward+K again a split second later to invoke the super. I'm not delusional, right? This works?

Edit: Changed punches to kicks. Durp.

Yeah...that sounds about right...that's how it was when you used Bison in EX. Don't remember doing cancels too much in CVS2 (even though I think it was there).

And...my issue with just the looseness of the combo system. In Alpha 2 and the 3 series, links were a lot more difficult to come by.

But it's all good. How many people are really going to be able to do...Ryu's low jab, low fierce, hurricane kick (or EX into Ultra...)...Hmm...

Top Bottom