• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

PSGames

PSGames said:
Is anybody else having problems with Xbox Live? It won't let me create a Party and it won't let me challenge a friend in SF4. It keeps saying Unable to join Session or something like that :-(

Quoted for new page.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Great to see everyone starting to get the game as well finally - it's so damn good...

It's going to feel hella strange at first since the feel is a lot different from SF3 or HDR, but you'll get used to it...

You'll also find out that the most annoying character to fight against is not Seth, but actually Cammy - Seth is a cakewalk once you figure him out...

And if you got the 360 version, don't even bother to install it, as it already loads fast as hell (4 seconds TOPS) and the install makes no difference from what I've read - you'd just be wasting 5 gigs...

PSGames said:
Quoted for new page.

I had that last night with a friend who told me he had internet problems last night - he restarted his 360, and it connected just fine afterwards - so either you or your friend's internet might be acting up...

I remember talking with a friend about about C. Viper, how she's always talking on the phone. 3/4s of the time it's buisiness related, but sometimes she's talking to her kid. But wouldn't that just be a really easy way of getting in touch with the CIA without blowing her cover?

Linkhero1

So I haven't received my sticks or pads yet so I had to resort to playing the game with the 360 controller and to my surprise it's not as bad as playing SFIIHDR with the 360 controller. I could pull of dragon punches really easy and almost any other special. My only problem is that I sometimes press down instead of down forward or down backward. It's not that bad but I'd probably do a lot better with a stick or pad.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Install music SUUUUUUUUUCKS.
But even before the install was an option, I had to download a 1.01 patch. Any release notes?

ruxtpin

Banned
I use Guile. Then again, I'm a newbie to SF. I wanna' get good with Guile and Blanka, because they're two characters that stood out to me when I was younger. I didn't know the difference between Ken and Ryu up until a few years ago. I didn't grow up in an arcade scene, but - like I mentioned - Guile and Blanka were who I always thought of when someone mentioned the SF series. They may not be the best, but I'm finding them fun to use them.

Baker

Banned
Ryu Challenge:

Jump - Heavy Punch
Heavy Kick
Shinku Hadoken

Is fucking pissing me off. The hadoken always starts when the combo is still going, but by the time the fireball hits Dan, it says the opportunity is over.

Hey Prima. I know the game was probably awesome to play in advance and all, but did you really have to jizz all over my strategy guide cover?

robut said:
My gamestop had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the conditions for unlocking colors? going through time trial but I think there's somethign else. can't find it on the nets.

I think it's the challenge mode IIRC

ezekial45

Banned
I plan on purchasing this for the PS3. However, i can't afford any Arcade Stick at the moment. I heard that the Sega Saturn controller comes in USB form and is fully compatible for the PS3.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT:

Guled said:
she is in her early 20's

But...but she's wearing a school uniform!

CloakBass

haunts said:
Im kinda wondering if you unlock anything if you get a perfect ultra finish on the computer... >_>
No idea, but I have to ask: What's the correlation between Chun Li's alternate costume and your avatar? I believe you had it before they announced the alternate costumes so I'm curious.

Y2Kev said:
I'M IN LOVE WITH SAKURA

the best is how her fireballs don't go all the way, so I'm free to try and figure out how to play as C.Viper

and damn, I don't remember any specials. I'm just trying charge moves and circle moves and hoping something happens. At least with Vega and Blanka I knew their normal attacks for the most part.

oh, and no lag at all. Butter smooth.

polyh3dron said:
Has anyone had their PS3 CE ship from Amazon yet? Mine still hasn't shipped.

I preorder the 360 CE and it hasn't shipped yet either, says estimated delivery is the 20th. Better ship tomorrow.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Baker said:
Ryu Challenge:

Jump - Heavy Punch
Heavy Kick
Shinku Hadoken

Is fucking pissing me off. The hadoken always starts when the combo is still going, but by the time the fireball hits Dan, it says the opportunity is over.

You need to do a close Heavy Kick, the axe kick. Then cancel the first hit of the axe into shinkuu hadoken.

Snaku

Banned
ezekial45 said:
I plan on purchasing this for the PS3. However, i can't afford any Arcade Stick at the moment. I heard that the Sega Saturn controller comes in USB form and is fully compatible for the PS3.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes it works on PS3. I've been using it the last couple of fights, and it's the best pad I've ever used for a 2D fighter.

Remy

polyh3dron said:
Has anyone had their PS3 CE ship from Amazon yet? Mine still hasn't shipped.

Still waiting on mine as well. Hoping it'll ship from their PA hub so it ends up as effectively overnight shipping, but not holding my breath.

Top Bottom