• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
holy fuck at seth

i started a super and he decides to FREEZE my super and i levitate over to him where he does his stupid throw me up in the air shit

wtf wtf wtf so unfair >:|

bigdaddygamebot said:
So uhm...guys? How do I do an Ultra?

That's the uber sexy attack that zooms in right?

go into training mode or w/e and look at the move list. just remember... if something is listed as 3 punches or 3 kicks... it means ALL THREE strengths of the punch/kick at once

DopeyFish said:
go into training mode or w/e and look at the move list. just remember... if something is listed as 3 punches or 3 kicks... it means ALL THREE strengths of the punch/kick at once

So...basically it's doing the motion of the super twice and nailing all three buttons the second time through right?

With the revenge meter flashing of course.

dfyb

Banned
i think i'm fed up with online for now. ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken

haunts

Bacon of Hope
D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
bigdaddygamebot said:
So...basically it's doing the motion of the super twice and nailing all three buttons the second time through right?

Yeah... but just hit the PPP or KKK button... screw that hitting each of the buttons individually thing.

DopeyFish

bigdaddygamebot said:

afaik you can assign a button to macro those 3 buttons in one press

Zeliard

Mattlikewhoa said:
What the hell, I'm about to pull my hair out...I'm trying to unlock Akuma and I fought Gouken instead. I beat him and guess what...I got NOTHING!...So what the heck to I need to do to get Akuma?

I used Ryu and put the rounds at 1, didn't die, and made sure one of the wins was a perfect. It was on normal difficulty but I assume any would work. Still haven't gotten a Gouken fight, though.

so_awes

Banned
dfyb said:
i think i'm fed up with online for now. ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken
did i just beat you up? :D

also, it's impossible to connect to a ranked game :( got in one after like 30 tries.

I got the game earlier this afternoon and played for about 7 hours straight, but it's a pain in the ass at the same time seeing how I don't have a stick or decent controller. DS3 = very no

Fighting against Seth is so ridiculous, it's hilarious :lol

I just beat him on the Hardest difficulty with Chun-Li.. it took a little while since I'm not used to the pacing just yet. I've gotten too used to HDRemix. Although, I do miss being able to do her upkicks as a standalone move :/

brandonh83 said:
Abel pisses me off, all the motherfucker does is throw my ass. There were a couple of matches where that's ALL HE DID.

YES. Plus I am Crimson Viper and I think it's just a bad matchup anyway. And that fucking roll... Roll, grab, roll, grab, roll, grab...

Artanisix

Game is AMAZING, holy shit. Is there any trick to doing Zangief's ultra on a pad? Jesus christ, I can't even get that 720 out without jumping. 360s are okay, but dear god 720...

dfyb said:

I really hope you're joking......i don't want this to be HDR all over again!!!

DopeyFish

so_awes said:
did i just beat you up? :D

also, it's impossible to connect to a ranked game :( got in one after like 30 tries.

just set your new challenger to ranked play then go play single player - you'll get one often. i played through like 6 ranked matches throughout an entire game on medium difficulty

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Zeliard said:
I used Ryu and put the rounds at 1, didn't die, and made sure one of the wins was a perfect. It was on normal difficulty but I assume any would work. Still haven't gotten a Gouken fight, though.
any difficulty. my understanding on gouken is one perfect (no more than this), 2 ultra combo finishes (and no more than 3 i believe). i think you also have to use akuma and beat the game regularly once, then do the perfect/ultra combo finishes and beat gouken in order to unlock him. oh and no continues

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Don't know what game you guys are playing, but this game stinks. I'm an old school Street Fighter player and this game is nothing like Street Fighter. The jumps are super floaty. Moves don't hit like they should. The online play is crap. I search for games and can't even get green bars (i.e., a good connection). In the lobby, it looks like all my games are max latency. When I try to join a match, it is usually full. When I create a match, nobody joins. When I finally did get into a match, it disconnected in the second round. The matchmaking in this game is terrible.

The graphics are nice. I like the little details about it like having the option for Japanese/English voiceovers and all the little unlockables. In terms of gameplay though, HD Remix shits all over this game. I'm going back to that, a game where I can get good online play.

EraldoCoil said:
I really hope you're joking......i don't want this to be HDR all over again!!!

You have to expect all the same characters for at least the first few days while people take the characters whose moves they know off the bat and just want to play online before learning other characters. This really shouldn't come off as any surprise, at least for now.

Teknoman

dfyb said:

You? Man its even more embarrassing getting beaten by said spammers.

Darkman M

To get akuma you can't use a continue i think that's all it requires, Gouken you need to beat the game with Akuma and then beat the game again with a character you have already gone through the game with atleast one time, win with a perfect or two and two ultra combo finishes to fight gouken and unlock him.

Teknoman

Eggo said:
Don't know what game you guys are playing, but this game stinks. I'm an old school Street Fighter player and this game is nothing like Street Fighter. The jumps are super floaty. Moves don't hit like they should. The online play is crap. I search for games and can't even get green bars (i.e., a good connection). In the lobby, it looks like all my games are max latency. When I try to join a match, it is usually full. When I create a match, nobody joins. When I finally did get into a match, it disconnected in the second round. The matchmaking in this game is terrible.

The graphics are nice. I like the little details about it like having the option for Japanese/English voiceovers and all the little unlockables. In terms of gameplay though, HD Remix shits all over this game. I'm going back to that, a game where I can get good online play.

You do know you dont have to play a green bar match to have a lag free one.

robot

Game is incredible. Those god damn anime cut scenes really need to go though (and I love anime). Am I the only one who thinks it feels a little like Alpha?

Oh, and Crimson Viper is baaaaad ass.

Darkman M

Eggo said:

So much fail in this post.

I don't have a problem with the anime like so many others, I think some of it has been kinda cool. I do think the cutscenes should have just been created using the in-game engine but I don't think they're terrible or anything. The dialogue is delightfully horrible too, which is a plus.

Xevren

dfyb said:

Haha, the last 5 fights I had were against Ken and they were all pathetic. At least I got my 10 straight ranked wins achievement out of it. Been maining Guile and having A LOT of fun. I love that air throw.

mr stroke said:
LOVE the cheesy animation cut scenes!
feels like a Sat morning cartoon

Ditto. I love it all, even Invincible, though I leave it in Japanese, works better.

I love it...well except for Seth. Sweet lord, talk about an ass whoppin'. Yeesh!!

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think I'm ready for online just yet. I played a few unranked matches--Cammy, Blanka and Sagat all wiped the floor with me. I'm pretty bad.

This Focus Attack Dash Canceling stuff is clearly the key to success; I'm just having a hell of a time using it properly. I'll get there though. Good thing the game is still a blast even in defeat.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Info on T.Hawk and Deejay, for those wondering where they are. Also, announcement of a WINTER national tournament in Japan, and.... SF4 Dash?! GET HYPE!

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/02/18/sfiv_dee_jay_t_hawk_modeling_done/

Everyone's back for Street Fighter IV. Well, almost everyone. Notably missing from the cast are two Super Street Fighter II additions, Dee Jay and T.Hawk. Is there any chance of seeing these two in a future SFIV iteration?

An interview with producer Yoshinori Ono from a recent Famitsu that was posted in full today at Famitsu.com, seems to suggest a big yes.

The magazine asked Ono about the possibility of the two missing fighters following their Super compatriots Cammy and Fei Long and being updated to full 3D form. Ono's response, surprisingly, was that they already have undergone the conversion! The characters have already been developed into to pre-texturing 3D models. For T.Hawk, the developers even went so far as to come up with plans for how the character would fight in SFIV.

Ono didn't say why the two didn't make the final but all is not lost. Said Ono: "If there's demand from users, we're ready to revive them at any point."

Outside of this, there isn't much in the way of revealing info in the interview. Ono did share a few bits, though, which I've summarized below:

Famitsu asked Ono to describe how they determined which characters would make it into the home versions of SFIV. The selection process, he explained, was via a vote conducted in America. The voting was done with light users and core users kept separate. Characters like Cammy and Fei Long were in the top ranks of the light users. Rose and Gen were tops with the core users.

The interviewer mentioned here that he'd wanted to see Rolento from SF Alpha in the game. Some voters did select Rolento, Ono admitted, but he was excluded because he's a Final Fight character. Ono explained that if they put him in the game would become completely like Alpha.

Ono was surprised by the popularity of particular character in the voting: Dan. Most of his votes came from the light users.

Famitsu pressed Ono a bit for tournament info. Ono revealed that, following up on the January 18 debut tournament in Shinagawa, Capcom has more tournaments on the way. The game will be at Enterbrain's "Tougeki" summer tournament, followed by an official tournament in winter 2009.

Ono also hopes to have national online tournaments. Famitsu asked if the online support would allow for worldwide tournaments. Ono replied that this is possible, but they'd want the finals to take place offline in an event hall.

Finally, some talk about things to come for SFIV, outside of the possibilities of Dee Jay and T.Hawk. Capcom has already announced the SFIV Championship Mode update. This will be available some time in the summer, Ono said.

He added that those who stick with SFIV for a long time could see some "nice announcements." Famitsu asked if this means that players can look forward to an SFIV Dash ("Dash" is the Japanese name for Championship Edition). Ono responded: "I'd truly like to personally do this! Of course, demand from users is required. So please show your support!"

Official Media Create numbers for last week aren't out just yet, but it seems that the PS3 version of SFIV placed second, losing out to only Mario & Luigi RPG 3. That sounds like a good sign of support, so hopefully more SFIV will be on the way through characters, modes, and even a Championship edition.

I've got the flu, I have 3 mid terms tomorrow, and all I wanna do is play SF4.

now I know what I was hoping my gamestop wouldn't get it until tomorrow night...

friend brought this into work today (we have a break room with 7 xbox 360's set up with hdtvs) and we played on all 3 of our breaks....my record stands at 9-0

love the game so far, i might pick it and a hori stick up this week..if i can find a hori stick on sale still

Xabora

EraldoCoil said:
Ken fighter 4 online FTL

2n0vekz.jpg

Stern Faced Dan does not approve.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Eggo said:

I think everyone else is having too much fun to pay any attention to you. :lol

Darkman M

MrDenny

Is there any possible way to play the character themes in versus mode? I thought you had to pick the rival characters, but it didn't work : (

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
wow, what a horrible day I have had. 3 days of having my win percentage at 90% was nice... A horror run today has dropped me down to 41%. Still, it's been so much fun. Almost totally lag free too. Australia/Asia/japan is perfect. America is a bit choppy on occasion but still playable. Europe is not so good so far :(.

I am also yet to encounter a single asshole online e yet. My rep is still the same as it was before the game came out and so far everyone using a headset has been awesome. It's a gigantic freaking SF lovefest out there.

This game has shown just how bad my Hori DOA stick really is though. I need my TE stick to arrive ASAP!

Top Bottom