• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Chamber

love on your sleeve
RubxQub said:
Challenge mode basically told me to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. :lol

I can beat the first two with anyone, but some people's 3rd ones are nuts...and fuck the fourth one! ...I can't even imagine how hard the 5th one is.

The timings are just all so quick, but the mode has helped me. Taught me a few new tricks with Ryu.
I haven't checked out challenge mode. Need to get to that in the morning.

I'm having the usual problem of being able to do most of what I want in practice but come an actual match, I panic and fuck up the timing.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
NameGenerated said:
I have a few questions.

How the hell do I do an Izuna Drop? After I jump off the wall Vega just claws them when i hit the input (Right or Left + Punch)
How the hell do I do Sagat's "Fake Kick"?...it's in the first challenge "(Begins with standing Heavy Kick) Heavy Kick
How the hell do I do C. Viper's Heavy Kick to Emergency Combination? It NEVER works.

Izuna drop, you have to be very close to the opponent before you press back/forward+Punch. It does work though, so don't worry.

For Fake Kick, just hit Heavy Kick twice as fast as possible. It's hard to do because the timing is strict, but it's possible to mash.

Heavy Kick to Emergency Combination is the same as Ryu and Gouken's Heavy Kick -> Super. Cancel the first hit into super.

JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL ON ESPN...damn you amazon!!!!! SHIP MAH SHIT.

the commercial kinda sucked...blaring rock music...but it was alll gameplay.

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah...that sounds about right...that's how it was when you used Bison in EX. Don't remember doing cancels too much in CVS2 (even though I think it was there).

And...my issue with just the looseness of the combo system. In Alpha 2 and the 3 series, links were a lot more difficult to come by.

But it's all good. How many people are really going to be able to do...Ryu's low jab, low fierce, hurricane kick (or EX into Ultra...)...Hmm...

lol I can pretty much do it on command. I can even do the cr. mp> cr.fp ex hurricane ex dragon punch>ultra pretty easily.

Volcynika

Knux-Future said:
JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL ON ESPN...damn you amazon!!!!! SHIP MAH SHIT.

the commercial kinda sucked...blaring rock music...but it was alll gameplay.

Saw it on Spike a couple nights ago. It was nice to see gameplay in an ad, yes!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
El_TigroX said:
Seth is a dick... but you guys who are saying he's cheap are forgetting Gill. That fucker would RESSURECT himself after you completely killed him.

that's why you goat him into using a super, parry it, and complete the destruction

TxdoHawk

RubxQub said:
For some reason I can't see what anyone's network strength is when I'm joining games...

Quick Match, right? For some reason it doesn't ping the servers it grabs for you. I get why they did this (speed), but I'd like to at least see the ping info get filled in if you wait a few seconds.

diffusionx

Gold Member
IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!

I liked the game a lot more on my 2nd go round. Online was great on the Triple (make sure your ports are open, NAT Type 2, etc. etc.).

Ranked matches. 1-3.

those 3 weren't real matches. i was trying to figure out how to use Rufus and the stick at the same time ;(

the one win was against someone that was learning to use El Fuerte. oh well. it got me 64BP :lol

i played with someone with 1 bar. didn't feel a lag. played with someone with 3, was smooth. played with 4. was super good. :D

chimster

Andronicus said:
....man my hands are beginning to cramp up, damn you controllers. I'm going to check pacific mall for a Hori Stick in the morning.

THIS

Raging Spaniard said:
Sure! I posted them 10 mins ago, but here you go again

300 dpi (jpg): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_300dpi.jpg

600 dpi (tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_600dpi.tif

300 dpi(tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_300dpi.tif

Ooops, thats my bad (the links) Thanks.

Also, thanks for the comment, glad you like it and hopefully you find the GAF reference :)

let me know if you find anything at pmall :)

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Teknoman said:
Damn you SETH. Seriously..virtual lighting kick? WTF.

:( I just can't beat him... I beat him with freaking Ryu on Medium... I can't finish him off with Sakura on easy. :(

-PXG-

EraldoCoil said:
anyone else besides me getting the game for both ps3 and 360?

hey Kintaro, manage to find the game yet??!?!?

I got it for both consoles. I was at work all day dying to play this shit. Fucking bullshit at home prevents me from relaxing. I work my ass off, I deserve SOME leisure time to come home and enjoy games ONCE in fucking while :mad:

Hope I can squeeze in some gaming late tonigit or early in the morning. I really hope you guys are having a blast.

Ravager61

NameGenerated said:
How the hell do I do Sagat's "Fake Kick"?...it's in the first challenge "(Begins with standing Heavy Kick) Heavy Kick

I had problems with this as well. You have to push HK twice REALLY fast. Try using two fingers to tap the button rapidly one after the other.

Edit: Bah, didnt see the question was already answered

PS3 SFIV plays better than PS3 ST online, from what I've seen. It could be that I am still a bit unfamiliar with the game so I can't "see" the lag or that the game's mechanics hide it better.

Not a hitch, stutter, or any slow-down in the 40 online matches I played. It doesn't like to connect to people through, similar to the VF5 servers showing matches that had already been filled. You get a bunch of "match no longer available" prompts. That specific problem has happened in VF5, SCIV, ST, and now SFIV. I'm not going to hold that against the game.

traveler

Not Wario
AZ Greg said:
Any east coasters going to hit up Wal-Mart at midnight? Keep us posted on how it goes!

I'm considering it. Been down with the flu, though, so going out in the middle of the night isn't the most appealing idea at the moment.

-PXG- said:
I got it for both consoles. I was at work all day dying to play this shit. Fucking bullshit at home prevents me from relaxing. I work my ass off, I deserve SOME leisure time to come home and enjoy games ONCE in fucking while :mad:

Hope I can squeeze in some gaming late tonigit or early in the morning. I really hope you guys are having a blast.

add me to xbl and psn!!! they are in my profile :D

hell everyone add me!!!! looking forward to playing a match against Guled.

EDIT: this is my 100'th post!!! 90 of which have all been in this thread!!! it's been great GAF! here's to many more *cheers* :D

Volcynika

J. M. Romeo said:
Small question about the CE: does it come with download vouchers for any costumes? And if so, are those for the first pack or five to choose? Thanks in advance!

Should be a voucher for the Brawler pack or something.

IJoel

A few notes:

1. I love the game.
2. I'm terrible at the game.
3. I can't, for the life of me, pull off Shoryukens consistently. Tips, please!?
4. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding it impossible to connect to games.

Guled

so I played for a bit tonight and let me say this game is awesome. Hard to play on the ps3 pad tho, my TE stick needs to come fast

haunts

Bacon of Hope
IJoel said:
A few notes:

3. I can't, for the life of me, pull off Shoryukens consistently. Tips, please!?

Tap forward then do a fireball and press punch

or

press down-forward, down-forward + punch.

As for showing matches that are taken, in SC4 and VF5 I found that creating a game alleviated the problems due to how fast people would join up. Does that alleviate the problem with SF4?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone else having trouble with even really simple combos? I can't even do Dhalsim's Medium Kick to Light Yoga Flame. I'm doing the motion exactly! Ughhh.

Spruchy

IJoel said:
A few notes:

1. I love the game.
2. I'm terrible at the game.
4. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding it impossible to connect to games.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

Also try custom games/hosting games.

Sallokin

This game is fucking ace. Got my copy earlier today. I was super scared I wouldn't be able to get the 10 wins in a row (ranked) achievement once all you super hardcore peeps hopped on, but I'm currently 11-0 online thanks to Cammy being absolutely awesome. I love her new attack, but I'm not too sure how I feel about the Hooligan Jump input being changed to that 3/4 circle motion. Online was smooth as silk over here. Played a ton of player matches and the 11 aforementioned ranked matches without any lag or disconnects. Can't wait to play this with everyone on GAF.

This game is so amazing!
Once I tuned in to the speed of the game I got a 15 win streak.:D
This was after I played against Mr Jared and he wooped my ass as Rose.:lol

What the hell, I'm about to pull my hair out...I'm trying to unlock Akuma and I fought Gouken instead. I beat him and guess what...I got NOTHING!...So what the heck to I need to do to get Akuma?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sallokin said:
This game is fucking ace. Got my copy earlier today. I was super scared I wouldn't be able to get the 10 wins in a row (ranked) achievement once all you super hardcore peeps hopped on, but I'm currently 11-0 online thanks to Cammy being absolutely awesome. I love her new attack, but I'm not too sure how I feel about the Hooligan Jump input being changed to that 3/4 circle motion. Online was smooth as silk over here. Played a ton of player matches and the 11 aforementioned ranked matches without any lag or disconnects. Can't wait to play this with everyone on GAF.

Its always been like that (before Sirlin changed it in HD Remix)

NolbertoS

EraldoCoil said:
anyone else besides me getting the game for both ps3 and 360?

hey Kintaro, manage to find the game yet??!?!?

I'm getting the game for both systems too...the CE for the PS3 and the regular game on 360. I'll probably be more on XBLA than the PSN network

ruxtpin

Banned
I just bought a couple of those Sega Saturn pads off eBay for the PS3. Is there any special adapter I need to pick-up as well? Or are they just PnP?

Amazing. Perfect reincarnation of SFII for us who grew up on it. It lives up to everything I could have imagined. Brief thoughts-

Rufus is fucking awesome. Biggest surprise of the game for me. His American voice sounds like the Rob Reiner parody on south park, its hilarious. The character himself plays so well too, if you love fast characters look at him. I was really against this character when I saw pics of him online, but he has really grown on me.

Geif is probably going to be my main. I've always been a Ryu player, but I need a change and the Russian seems so strong and oozes charisma.

Speaking of that, all the characters have tons of personality. My girlfriend came over later tonight and played a bit. Shes a casual player, but she remembered SFII from growing up and she commented on how well the characters came across and how they seemed better then she remembered. I feel the same.

Abel is a really cool character, but has been hard for me to get into.

For some reason, I find myself using Guile a lot. I just love the way he plays in this game. Looks awesome too.

Sagat is definitely one of the strongest in the game. Even this early in the game, its apparent how strong he is. He hits hard as hell, isn't slow. Just an offensive beast.

I fucking suck at the game, and need to really learn it from the core up. Gone are the days of just dragon punching/fireballs. I want to learn combos, strats, everything. I'll be on SRKs forums.

Top Bottom