• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

outsidah

Damn I just noticed I have the TE stick and the game on seperate orders.

I want to combine to give them both 1 day shipping but Im afraid of loosing my place in the line with Amazon!

Takuan

_dementia said:
Ryu could Shin Shoryuken you in the corner, super jump fierce 5 times before you hit the ground, thus refilling his super meter, and ShinShoryuken you AGAIN. It was practically an infinte.
For real? Maybe I should dust off my Dreamcast and try that out. :lol

CurseoftheGods said:
Ryu seems just as overpowered as Ken was in Third Strike. I predict massive nerfage in the next game.
He *does* look pretty beastly in those videos linked. Maybe the guy's competition just wasn't up to snuff?

CurseoftheGods said:
Wtf?

Ryu seems just as overpowered as Ken was in Third Strike. I predict massive nerfage in the next game.

Ryu isn't over powered. See Sagat. The guy is just utilizing him well and has good shoto skills.

3s Ken could super cancel off anything.

Mr Jared

CurseoftheGods said:

Actually, he's just about where he needs to be. There is one nerf I'd like to see though: tone down his links. cr.jp into cr.fp is too good.

If anything, more characters need to be buffed up to his level. For example, way more characters need to be able to combo off their Ultras, but it juggles or otherwise.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
C. Falcon

my main in smash bros melee

C. followed by an animal name

very cool

has fiery attacks

C. Viper

my main to be in street fighter 4

C. followed by an animal name

very cool

has fiery attacks

COINCIDENCE?!?!

I THINK NOT

outsidah said:
Damn I just noticed I have the TE stick and the game on seperate orders.

I want to combine to give them both 1 day shipping but Im afraid of loosing my place in the line with Amazon!
If you're using Prime I'm pretty sure you pay per-item for 1 day shipping so there's no advantage to that. And if you're not...do they still have those Prime trials? If so hop on!

Also if you're gonna change the TE order call them about it first. I've changed details on orders on other rare items and did lose my place in line. I think. I can't remember exactly when it happened so maybe it was all just a bad dream. (Yes, my dreams are often that lame.) But I'd definitely call them about it before changing the order just to be safe.

-PXG-

Oh, there is a big possibility that NinajHeartless and I (as well as some GameStop co-workers) will be going to Philly on Friday to play some SFIV. Any of you interested in meeting up there?

mYm|17|

-PXG- said:
Oh, there is a big possibility that NinajHeartless and I (as well as some GameStop co-workers) will be going to Philly on Friday to play some SFIV. Any of you interested in meeting up there?

damn wish i could go with you guys, me jealous

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Lebron James agress with the Kicks comment apparently :lol

Random post, but I just found this piece by Udon and I was impressed! Im usually not a fan but this is a good piece

Street_Fighter_7_Cover_by_UdonCrew.jpg

Raging Spaniard said:
Lebron James agress with the Kicks comment apparently :lol

Random post, but I just found this piece by Udon and I was impressed! Im usually not a fan but this is a good piece

http://www.deviantart.com/download/57567220/Street_Fighter_7_Cover_by_UdonCrew.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

It's broken. Sakura's leg is definitely broken. :lol

I am not a fan of Udon, they used to be alright, but after HDR.. I am not fan of Udon at all.

I always proffered the concept art from the SF2 and SF3 series over any Udon stuff.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
gutter_trash said:
I am not a fan of Udon, they used to be alright, but after HDR.. I am not fan of Udon at all.

I always proffered the concept art from the SF2 and SF3 series over any Udon stuff.

Nothing beats the Capcom crew, thats 100 percent certain. Arnold Tseng is the exception, hes fantastic.

HDR was just a mess graphically. I mean look at Udons portfolio, backgrounds are not their strong suit whatsoever and it seems like the bulk of the work (the frames) were redrawn by their less experienced crew, who knew nothing about making a game assets.. Most panels are close ups and the background is usually a blurry motion mess or something not very intricate ... their strong suit is characters and dynamic posing and its an obvious flaw. Omar Dogan (responsible for all the backgrounds in HDR) is a good artist in his own right, but either because of deadlines or inexperience, his background work is below his talent level.

Character wise the anatomy sometimes levels on the Rob Liefeld, and a lot of their artists have showed difficulty with making the characters feel unique, they all share a lot of the same facial and body features, kind of like the way DragonBall characters all look alike.

Im not saying Im any better (just look at Kens arm and nonexisting neck, wtf was I thinking), and they have proved to be exceptional on occasion, but thats just (as the internets loves to say) my opinion.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
SOME UNDESERVING DANISH PRICK ALREADY HAS THE GAME.

Ken anime spoilerz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVIBMAKJj0

As you can see this prick also has Killer Instinct, MKII, and Revolution X arcade cabs in his house. Bastard.

Edit: also before anyone complains about the load time, I highly doubt this guy cared enough to do the optional install.

tapedeck said:

Ken anime spoilerz.

As you can see this prick also has Killer Instinct, MKII, and Revolution X arcade cabs in his house. Bastard.

Edit: also before anyone complains about the load time, I highly doubt this guy cared enough to do the optional install.
Haha, if that's the case then I believe it's time to check my sources.

Raging Spaniard said:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/57567220/Street_Fighter_7_Cover_by_UdonCrew.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Nice image. (Except for the lack of Charlie, he's barely visable.) I wonder if this was done pre-SFA3 Max or the artist just didn't feel like adding Eagle, Yun, Maki & Ingrid. (Is their appearance in Alpha 3 even canon?)

keanerie

tapedeck said:

Ken anime spoilerz.

Man I really wonder what Bison's ending is, but I doubt it can be as good as this:

25qg976.gif

ashism

tapedeck said:

Ken anime spoilerz.

Danish guy who looks like he is from Staten Island with a bad tan with a rebel southern flag in the background.

So confused.
At least he got the game, good for him.

Takuan

keanerie said:
Man I really wonder what Bison's ending is, but I doubt it can be as good as this:

25qg976.gif
:lol I'd forgotten how ridiculous the SF EX endings were.

I remember spending an afternoon with friends beating the game with each character just to see those stupid things.

LordK

Someone over at capcom-unity got his blanka fightpad from best buy. Another person had his/her fightpad shipped from gamestop. Hurry up and ship mine to me Amazon. :(

Jube3

Takuan said:
:lol I'd forgotten how ridiculous the SF EX endings were.

I remember spending an afternoon with friends beating the game with each character just to see those stupid things.

The Zangief one is the ending I will never forget..the hell happened lol.

-Mikey-

I am! Until I found out the 2 stores where I live aren't participating in the tournament.

No worries though. Won't be getting the 360 version and I was stressing anyway when I wasn't sure if they would allow sticks.

EDIT: Might be a bit OT but anyone know if there is a SF IV arcade cabinet anywhere in Ohio? Or where the closest one would be?

Xevren

copybeaver said:
Someone over at capcom-unity got his blanka fightpad from best buy. Another person had his/her fightpad shipped from gamestop. Hurry up and ship mine to me Amazon. :(

My fightpads shipped from Gamestop but dont have a tracking number. They have overnight shipping so im looking forward to trying them out. Assuming they actually are coming and they aren't playing some crazy mind game.

LordK

Xevren said:
My fightpads shipped from Gamestop but dont have a tracking number. They have overnight shipping so im looking forward to trying them out. Assuming they actually are coming and they aren't playing some crazy mind game.

Well the person on unity posted pictures. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll get extremely ornery if Amazon doesn't ship mine tomorrow.

Jube3

copybeaver said:
Well the person on unity posted pictures. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll get extremely ornery if Amazon doesn't ship mine tomorrow.

Damn Im tempted to pick up a fight pad till I get a TE. Im a sucker when I get hyped for a game lol

Xtyle

Raging Spaniard said:
Nothing beats the Capcom crew, thats 100 percent certain. Arnold Tseng is the exception, hes fantastic.

HDR was just a mess graphically. I mean look at Udons portfolio, backgrounds are not their strong suit whatsoever and it seems like the bulk of the work (the frames) were redrawn by their less experienced crew, who knew nothing about making a game assets.. Most panels are close ups and the background is usually a blurry motion mess or something not very intricate ... their strong suit is characters and dynamic posing and its an obvious flaw. Omar Dogan (responsible for all the backgrounds in HDR) is a good artist in his own right, but either because of deadlines or inexperience, his background work is below his talent level.

Character wise the anatomy sometimes levels on the Rob Liefeld, and a lot of their artists have showed difficulty with making the characters feel unique, they all share a lot of the same facial and body features, kind of like the way DragonBall characters all look alike.

Im not saying Im any better (just look at Kens arm and nonexisting neck, wtf was I thinking), and they have proved to be exceptional on occasion, but thats just (as the internets loves to say) my opinion.

Not a big fan of their art. Dynamic pose is ok and as an artist you have to exaggerate and be expressive. However, when you can see very basic drawing errors, and things that are somewhat made up, none of the rendering or shading will cover up the flaws and it makes the flaws even more apparent.

The BGs in HD remix are total shit. Yes, shit. Just look at the floor in Ken's stage. It can very well due to technical reasons, but shit is shit, right?

Ploid 3.0

tapedeck said:

Ken anime spoilerz.

That was a good preview. I like candid stuff like this. That bgm in the start menu remind me of the old NBA Live games with R&B music for the intros. Made me want the game a bit more. Also the animated cutscene was also interesting. Almost seem like the arcade mode could be epic instead of a basic enemy ladder.

Top Bottom