• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jirotrom

good lord I think about this game everyday, I really need to get my 360 connected to live again... just got through moving and internet has been a hastle.

Dizzy-4U

This is great....I'm getting the sticks in a different shipping than the games....I'll be playing SFIV with the 360 d-pad for quite some time =(

Blueblur1

Dizzy-4U said:
This is great....I'm getting the sticks in a different shipping than the games....I'll be playing SFIV with the 360 d-pad for quite some time =(
I'd rather wait until the sticks arrived if I were you. But it'll be really hard to resist playing. I'm sure that I won't get my stick until a day or two later considering that bestbuy.com keeps changing the shipping date.

Dizzy-4U

Blueblur1 said:
I'd rather wait until the sticks arrived if I were you. But it'll be really hard to resist playing. I'm sure that I won't get my stick until a day or two later considering that bestbuy.com keeps changing the shipping date.
It's a long story, but I always buy all the items form a ebay user (I'm not from the US). He is sending me both SFIV games with a PS3 I bought from him last year (it was defective so I sent it back). But the sticks are too big (I bought 4) so he needs to make another shipping.

The Ps3 with the games will be arriving first, but I know this guy, it will take like 15 days to ship me the rest of the stuff.

It's not that bad though, I'm pretty confident with the PS3 pad, but not so much with the 360 one...I'm willing to play all of you and a shitty d-pad won't stop me.

Although, I already bought another PS3, so maybe I can replace the PS3 for the sticks in that shipping...We'll see....

TxdoHawk

_dementia said:
it's EB, not BB listing them as shipping

Over at SRK, there was a BB worker on the West Coast whose store got a few in. I checked two by me, no dice, but I'm all the way over in NJ.

for those that preordered off the capcom store. in the order history is there suppose an error there? I see two orders but since both have the same order number i shouldn't worry about it?

-PXG-

_dementia said:
it's EB, not BB listing them as shipping

Someone said that some BBs have them IN STORE. I'm gonna go out to get food with mah wifey and then hopefully head over to BB.

Nightz

I'll be going shopping around Best Buys today to see if they have any of the pads. I'm in San Diego and MadCatz is based here I believe, so I'm hoping the stores here have them already.

Blueblur1

Nightz said:
I'll be going shopping around Best Buys today to see if they have any of the pads. I'm in San Diego and MadCatz is based here I believe, so I'm hoping the stores here have them already.
I live 5 minutes away from a Best Buy (I'm in Miami, FL). I'll swing by tonight (somehat occupied until then).

Blueblur1 said:
I live 5 minutes away from a Best Buy (I'm in Miami, FL). I'll swing by tonight (somehat occupied until then).
which one

i heard there was a shooting at the Kendall BB yesterday

either way, keep us abreast (and stay safe!)

Akim

Banned
I'm getting weary of best buy and the TE sticks. They keep moving the date back. Soon it's going to be into March.

Blueblur1

_dementia said:
which one

either way, keep us abreast (and stay safe!)
Holy crap. Things have been getting slightly less safe around here but I'm still shocked (as proof a former co-worker of mine went nuts and killed his girlfriend and himself last week). The store I'm talking about is right by Tropical Park a little north of the Westchester area.

It's a safe area but so is Kendall. I'm on alert whenever I'm not at home regardless. Thanks for the concern!

Takuan

nasero said:
UPS just dropped off my fightpad from EBGames.
Impressions as soon as you can, please! :D

Things have been getting slightly less safe around here but I'm still shocked (as proof a former co-worker of mine went nuts and killed his girlfriend and himself last week).

:S

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Weird. EB/Gamestop.com says the 360 Fightpad is ready to ship while the PS3 Pad still says 2/10.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
quick question, regarding general tourny rules

taken from the EVO website:
"# Hardware macros, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechinsims are strictly forbidden. "

so would the TE stick be banned or do you just have to turn turbo off? i hate the idea of turbo/macros but it would suck ass if the TE stick isn't tourny legal...

Linkhero1 said:
I think it's been mentioned in te reviews a couple of times. You just have to have the turbo off and lock the buttons, so you wouldn't accidentally hit turn it on during a tourney.

sorry i didn't see it before, thanks!

Linkhero1

jon bones said:
quick question, regarding general tourny rules

taken from the EVO website:
"# Hardware macros, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechinsims are strictly forbidden. "

so would the TE stick be banned or do you just have to turn turbo off? i hate the idea of turbo/macros but it would suck ass if the TE stick isn't tourny legal...
I think it's been mentioned in te reviews a couple of times. You just have to have the turbo off and lock the buttons, so you wouldn't accidentally hit turn it on during a tourney.

Akim

Banned
Linkhero1 said:
Then April and then May. Next thing you know TBA 2010

I'm almost positive that Best Buy isn't even getting TE's and they are going to take my money and go out of business.

Beardz

Capcom is pleased to announce the first expansion pack for Street Fighter IV. Championship Mode expansion pack will add several unique and gameplay enriching options to Street Fighter IV’s already robust feature set free of charge post launch. Street Fighter IV’s Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:

Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)
Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.
Additionally, we are announcing the DLC alternate costume expansion packs for Street Fighter IV to customize your fighters. Each DLC pack offers an alternate costume for you favorite Street Fighter IV character. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points for Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation 3 post launch.

2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

DLC? More like unlock stuff from the disc...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Linkhero1 said:

People can usually tell if you're cheating to boot. Offline it's not that hard to detect someone using macros or auto. Online it's a bit tougher, but doable.

Linkhero1

Akim said:
I'm almost positive that Best Buy isn't even getting TE's and they are going to take my money and go out of business.
We'll start a riot for you if that happens. I'm sure they'll get their sticks, but they probably don't know when themselves so they pushed it back.

yeah, I'd imagine the officials would hold the turbo button down for five seconds, effectively clearing any turbo memory, lock the switch and you'd be good to go

at least, i'd hope...

ShinAmano

With all the news about shipping and actually getting things...I went to a local Game Crazy to see what was up with the launch and asked about the tournament...apparently they are planning on hosting it on SFAC not SF4...

Then I called Best Buy about the pads/sticks which they did not have, but the do have the game...cant sell till the 18th :(

ShinAmano said:
With all the news about shipping and actually getting things...I went to a local Game Crazy to see what was up with the launch and asked about the tournament...apparently they are planning on hosting it on SFAC not SF4...

Then I called Best Buy about the pads/sticks which they did not have, but the do have the game...cant sell till the 18th :(
awesome, so the game is street dated

weird they're doing a AC tourney, is it Hyper Street Fighter II X or Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike?

ShinAmano

_dementia said:
awesome, so the game is street dated

weird they're doing a AC tourney, is it Hyper Street Fighter II X or Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike?
SF2...I was planning on playing if it were 4...then when he said AC I had hopes it would be 3...but since the place is across town from where I live I don't plan to drive out to play SSF2T on PS2 when they could have had it on the 360/PS3 with HD Remix...

Top Bottom