• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
2 weeks from release for OT's? SWEET! I am so pumped for this baby! Paid and will be getting that sweet fight pad!

And let's not start the fanboy comparison wars here. If the arcade version had no AA then who cares if the PS3 version doesn't either? They both will play the same anyways.

Dyno

Haven't played Street Fighter since I was a boy.

This gen I'm retiring Tekken. It looks like more of the same.

SFIV looks like it's made with pure love.

I may even have to buy the sticks.

Can't wait!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
_dementia said:
Why was this unstickied?

Time to unleash the rage!

Anyway, regardless, as you can tell, I am so freaking hyped for this game. I have a couple of days off to take delivery of the game and the stick, hopefully if ShopTo.net are on form I should get them a couple of days early! Whoo!

drmcclin said:
Is it still Chun-Li for the NA boxart? Please tell me it is, I really dig that pic.

no, but you could always print it out the high-res version and insert it yourself

i think it sucks though

CAVE343

drmcclin said:
Is it still Chun-Li for the NA boxart? Please tell me it is, I really dig that pic.

edit: beaten :)
I like the new US boxart more than the old Chun-Li one, although that one is also pretty nice

-PXG-

Nooooooooooo. We got un-stickied!!!!

Anyway, I got a serious question. Google failed me:

Does the PS3 version run or upscale to 1080p? Please tell me it does. The DMC4 demo a while ago and RE5 demo (playing right now) did not (thus, downscaling to shitty ass 480p). I want to play this on the PS3, but not if I can't run it in HD. I wish I had my other TV. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

CAVE343

winnarps

So for a newbie to this whole thing (but a fan of fighting games in general), investing in a stick would be worthwhile? I used to play SSF2Turbo back in the day with friends nonstop until we got into arguments about being cheap and who's better and who should keep playing until a friend threw the Sega console at my brother and it broke. :lol

What's the consensus so far (stick-wise)? Grab a TE version if I can find it anywhere? What's the best/easiest to find version?

-PXG-

bad-joey said:
For all I know it upscales to 1080p and runs on 720p

yup:

So, if I just check the 480p and 1080p boxes (like I do with other games), it should upscale 1080p right? No shitty downscaled 480p?

Captain N

LiquidMetal14 said:
2 weeks from release for OT's? SWEET! I am so pumped for this baby! Paid and will be getting that sweet fight pad!

And let's not start the fanboy comparison wars here. If the arcade version had no AA then who cares if the PS3 version doesn't either? They both will play the same anyways.

It comes out in Japan next week. I think that's why they let it slide.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Captain N said:
It comes out in Japan next week. I think that's why they let it slide.
OOps, you're right.

Llyranor said:
Will this have a demo?
It's SF, highly unlikely. Unless you just want something to hold you over. You should just play SF2HDR in that case.

winnarps said:
So for a newbie to this whole thing (but a fan of fighting games in general), investing in a stick would be worthwhile? I used to play SSF2Turbo back in the day with friends nonstop until we got into arguments about being cheap and who's better and who should keep playing until a friend threw the Sega console at my brother and it broke. :lol

What's the consensus so far (stick-wise)? Grab a TE version if I can find it anywhere? What's the best/easiest to find version?
If you can't find a TE, Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (PS3) or EX (360) is the next best thing. The Standard fightstick is no slouch either.

Check MarkMark's arcade stick thread.

winnarps

_dementia said:
If you can't find a TE, Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (PS3) or EX (360) is the next best thing. The Standard fightstick is no slouch either.

Check MarkMark's arcade stick thread.

tyvm!

wRATH2x

Banned
I said this in the other thread but I dont know if anyone replied,Nathan needs a Ryu bandanna to go with that blood,any takers?

Aeris130

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Words cannot describe how much I want to play. SCIV was a nice distractment, but this is actually it. 3 weeks left.

Fuck.

Llyranor

LiquidMetal14 said:
It's SF, highly unlikely. Unless you just want something to hold you over. You should just play SF2HDR in that case.
Ah well, too bad. I'd have to try the game out before I consider buying it (not a big SF2 fan). More wary since I tried the SF2HDR and didn't like how it controlled with my Hori 360 stick. Doing a Super just resulted in my character jumping. It's probably just me, but then, if the game doesn't control well for me, there's no point getting it :/
I wouldn't have bought VF5 and a stick without a demo. Fighters should have demos too!

CAVE343

Aeris130 said:
HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Words cannot describe how much I want to play. SCIV was a nice distractment, but this is actually it. 3 weeks left.

Fuck.

Fuck yes. I haven't been gaming much lately but, I'm saying it again:

I'm dedicating my life to this game

(I kinda suck now with HDR, but I'm gonna invest my time in SFIV)

-PXG-

bad-joey said:
Fuck yes. I haven't been gaming much lately but, I'm saying it again:

I'm dedicating my life to this game

(I kinda suck now with HDR, but I'm gonna invest my time in SFIV)

Me too :lol

I got my ass handed to me by a Blanka online. He's so strong.

Got mah PM?

CAVE343

-PXG- said:
Me too :lol

I got my ass handed to me by a Blanka online. He's so strong.

Got mah PM?

Yeah got it :)
I'm also going to invest a lot of time in relearning to play with a stick. It's been so long since I've seriously played with one. I really hope those madcatz sticks ship a few days before the game so I can get the feel of the it

Captain N

I sucked at HDR, but that's probably because I don't play of enough. I am thinking of skipping both KZ2 and RE5 so I can play SFIV to death.

CAVE343

bradido said:
It's stupid how excited I am for this game. I feel like I am 10 again and waiting on Christmas.

Yeah it's funny! Normally I would be drooling all over Killzone 2 and RE5 but SFIV just eclipses them both.
It's not that I'm not anticipating those other games but I know SFIV will be the only game to be played for a long time

MThanded said:
This shit is embarrassing to the community in general. I did not laugh at all. It was sort of sad actually.

It's very sad, but in a way that's why its's funny

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'll admit, as excited as I am for this game, its the challenge mode thats gonna keep drawing me back in. As a teenager I had SF EX and I played that shitty ass game till exhaustion just because the challenge mode was so good!

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
MThanded said:
This shit is embarrassing to the community in general. I did not laugh at all. It was sort of sad actually.

While is is a good player... If anyone spoke to me like that I would mute them... as hard as I can in the face with my fist.

bradido said:
It's stupid how excited I am for this game. I feel like I am 10 again and waiting on Christmas.

1zg7nt3.jpg

Top Bottom