• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yup, you can't build super bar without contact in SF4 unlike in SF3 - I've checked for this myself a long time ago in videos...

Bootaaay said:
Anyone know when the fightpads & sticks are getting shipped in Europe?

Also, I saw that there were only a limited number of the TE sticks and that they all sold out in the US - this may be a stupid question, but is there seperate stock for Europe, or are we going to have to wait for MadCatz to make some more?

I guess what i'm simply asking is, will I get my fightpads & TE stick on or before release date in the UK?

Yeah, there's separate stock in Europe - Europe started taking orders only about 2 or 3 weeks ago or so, so you may still be in luck at any EU store that is guaranteed to get one...

Skilotonn said:
Yup, you can't build super bar without contact in SF4 unlike in SF3 - I've checked for this myself a long time ago in videos...

Not with normals but with specials, you can. You can throw out safe and fast moves like Abel's skyfall when you're far away to build meter. It takes like 6 whiffed skyfalls to get enough meter for one ex move and they come out pretty fast.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Are the arcade sticks out today or something?

I pre-ordered one from my local Gamestop but I assumed it would be releasing alongside SFIV.

Can I get it today?!

Chorazin

OH SHI...

PLAYSTATION 3 STREET FIGHTER I - PS3 1 1 $149.99 Shipped N/A

GIMME MY TRACKING NUMBER COCKSUCKERS! I wanna cancel my Amazon order if this actually did ship!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ope, looks like Gamestop is shipping out the PS3 fightpad today. Woo! I wish the stores would get the TE soon. =/

Guled

Kintaro said:
Ope, looks like Gamestop is shipping out the PS3 fightpad today. Woo! I wish the stores would get the TE soon. =/
apparently BestBuy and Gamestop started shipping them already, so it should be in stores early next week

-PXG-

polyh3dron said:
You can assign the buttons in MAME easily... just hit TAB while the game is playing to access the menu.

I play the shit out of 3S with my VSHGs this way. (I own the DC version so GTFO haters)

I figured that out eventually. I hit tab by accident :lol

But does SFIV have a custom control option? I'd love that.

Also, once again...

ATTENTION GAF!

I will be going to the University Pinball arcade in Philly with another GAFfer and some fellow GameStop employees TODAY (Friday, the 6th). We plan to arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 PM. All of you are welcome to meet us there if you like. Hope to see you guys there

Oh, make sure to bring singles or lots of quarters

University Pinball
4006-08 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Telephone: (215) 387-9523

RubxQub

Just called my local Gamestop and they said that they expect to have the fightsticks in store sometime mid to late next week. No official date is set in their system anymore.

They mentioned that it's possible they will be street dated to some later date, but they expect to have them in store mid to late next week.

-PXG- said:
I figured that out eventually. I hit tab by accident :lol

But does SFIV have a custom control option? I'd love that.

Also, once again...

ATTENTION GAF!

I will be going to the University Pinball arcade in Philly with another GAFfer and some fellow GameStop employees TODAY (Friday, the 6th). We plan to arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 PM. All of you are welcome to meet us there if you like. Hope to see you guys there

Oh, make sure to bring singles or lots of quarters

University Pinball
4006-08 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Telephone: (215) 387-9523
Are you implying that there is a SFIV cabinet in Philadelphia right now that people are going to gather and play at?

I live just outside of Philly so if true that would be awesome.

RubxQub said:
Are you implying that there is a SFIV cabinet in Philadelphia right now that people are going to gather and play at?

Machines have been popping up since last October/November. It's probably been there for a long time. But yeah, it's true.

buffi

Banned
Skilotonn said:

What are you talking about. You will build super bar in SF3 when you do normals, even if it doesn't hit anything.

I usually spam back+fierce with Chun to build super bar, if nothings going on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
akachan ningen said:
Not with normals but with specials, you can. You can throw out safe and fast moves like Abel's skyfall when you're far away to build meter. It takes like 6 whiffed skyfalls to get enough meter for one ex move and they come out pretty fast.

Ah yes - it's a tiny amount, but you're right... especially with the idea of using that move since it comes out and ends so quickly without going anywhere...

buffi said:
What are you talking about. You will build super bar in SF3 when you do normals, even if it doesn't hit anything.

I usually spam back+fierce with Chun to build super bar, if nothings going on.

That's what I said! :)

Ah, you realized it already - nevermind!

-PXG-

RubxQub said:
Just called my local Gamestop and they said that they expect to have the fightsticks in store sometime mid to late next week. No official date is set in their system anymore.

They mentioned that it's possible they will be street dated to some later date, but they expect to have them in store mid to late next week.

Yes :lol

I tested out the FightPad with Alpha 2 (ZSNESW). It works GREAT! The d-pad is perfect and buttons respond without any issues.

RubxQub

Shit, I want to go to this Philly gathering now but I'm afraid I'll get my ass handed to me hardcore...

I'm an OK player, but some people can absolutely stomp me with their skills. I'll chalk it up to being 10 years out of practice.

I may have to swallow my pride and show up just to get an early look.

-PXG- said:
Yes :lol

I tested out the FightPad with Alpha 2 (ZSNESW). It works GREAT! The d-pad is perfect and buttons respond without any issues.
thanks for the impressions, but the SNES port of Alpha 2? smh
CPS2 mayne

RubxQub said:
Shit, I want to go to this Philly gathering now but I'm afraid I'll get my ass handed to me hardcore...

I'm an OK player, but some people can absolutely stomp me with their skills. I'll chalk it up to being 10 years out of practice.

I may have to swallow my pride and show up just to get an early look.

please don't be like those people who just watch and never play because they're afraid of losing. Of course you're going to lose, it's really not a big deal. You could always go at a time of day when there are few hardcore players there, like sun-thu afternoons.

akachan ningen said:
please don't be like those people who just watch and never play because they're afraid of losing. Of course you're going to lose, it's really not a big deal. You could always go at a time of day when there are few hardcore players there, like sun-thu afternoons.
this is really good advice
you'll never improve if you never put yourself out there

there are no arcades in my area, so i'm relegated to GGPO, 2DF and XBL
but that's enough to figure out you WILL lose often before you start winning

Akim

Banned
Guled said:
apparently BestBuy and Gamestop started shipping them already, so it should be in stores early next week

BestBuy is? howdoyouknowthat

It gets demoralizing after a while. A dude playing sagat at my arcade went like 40 in a row on me and my friends. We are so bad. It was my first time ever using a stick for a game though.

Blueblur1

Has anyone really received the TE stick from Best Buy yet? I'm sure many of us (myself included) are still looking at a 2/15 shipping date for our pre-order.

ShinAmano

Akim said:
BestBuy is? howdoyouknowthat

It gets demoralizing after a while. A dude playing sagat at my arcade went like 40 in a row on me and my friends. We are so bad. It was my first time ever using a stick for a game though.
Be happy you got to play. The Philly one is the closet to me and that is 6+ hours away.

Akim

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Has anyone really received the TE stick from Best Buy yet? I'm sure many of us (myself included) are still looking at a 2/15 shipping date for our pre-order.

I don't think so, mine still says "InProcess"

RubxQub

I'm not afraid of losing really, it's just that I consider myself to be a fairly above average gamer and take pride in that fact.

That being said, I haven't played SFII since I was like 10 or 12 or something, so I'm clearly out of practice and haven't been following the later releases.

I'll need more time with the game to be good.

I guess I'd just rather take my lumps offline before I try and compete with other folks in person...but this is all my own personal problem :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Linkhero1 said:
This.

I thought the SNES version was unplayable. CPS2 ftw!

aw, I loved that version, haha

(living in Mexico at the time, there were alpha 1 arcades aplenty, but not much after that... its more of a KoF scene around there)

Barrett2

Anyone have any experience buying stuff of the Capcom web site? I am thinking of buying a stick or controller off their site, but don't want to get stuck with delayed shipping if I could just get it at Best Buy.

Linkhero1

Raging Spaniard said:
aw, I loved that version, haha

(living in Mexico at the time, there were alpha 1 arcades aplenty, but not much after that... its more of a KoF scene around there)
Well I only played it this past year, so that probably contributed to my disliking of the game. I bet that if I played it during the SNES gen I would have loved it too :p

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
RubxQub said:
I'm not afraid of losing really, it's just that I consider myself to be a fairly above average gamer and take pride in that fact.

The first step in becoming an above average gamer is admitting that you're not as good as you think you are. Only then can you improve. Get your reality shattered, then go from there.

dankir said:
Anybody in Canada get a Fightpad?

I talked to someone at EB yesterday who said the sku had been pulled from their system yesterday which means that it has probably shipped. He didn't think they would get any in today though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Linkhero1 said:
Well I only played it this past year, so that probably contributed to my disliking of the game. I bet that if I played it during the SNES gen I would have loved it too :p

The train of thought back then was "HAY DIOS MIO COMO HAN METIDO ALPHA 2 EN UN CARTUCHO DE SUPER NINTENDO!!!?????" So even with the (lol) load times it was a pretty overwhelming experience.

Jube3

Raging Spaniard said:
The train of thought back then was "HAY DIOS MIO COMO HAN METIDO ALPHA 2 EN UN CARTUCHO DE SUPER NINTENDO!!!?????" So even with the (lol) load times it was a pretty overwhelming experience.
:lol
This cracked me up pretty good for some reason.

RubxQub

SnowWolf said:
The first step in becoming an above average gamer is admitting that you're not as good as you think you are. Only then can you improve. Get your reality shattered, then go from there.
I don't need to have my reality shattered to know that I need to improve.

My standard method is to learn the game mechanics offline to the best of my abilities, then to take it online. This way I'm technically sound, I just need to brush up on whatever the current strategies are.

Right now I wouldn't even say I'm technically sound, as I can't pull off my moves 100% of the time when I want to.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The worst part of getting the pads/sticks is...the game is still 12 days away. =( EARLY LAUNCH CAPCOM! COME ON!

BTW Haunts, could you clarify your last PM? I'll help in any way I can, but I didn't know what you meant. =/

Top Bottom