• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ledsen

RubxQub said:
I don't need to have my reality shattered to know that I need to improve.

My standard method is to learn the game mechanics offline to the best of my abilities, then to take it online. This way I'm technically sound, I just need to brush up on whatever the current strategies are.

Right now I wouldn't even say I'm technically sound, as I can't pull off my moves 100% of the time when I want to.

If you're going to wait until you're "techically sound", then I'll see you online in 2015 I guess?

Zertez

Eurogamer said:
To the right of each row of white buttons is a single black button, which is set up by default in Street Fighter IV to mimic all three punches or all three kick buttons being pressed simultaneously, the input required to pull off Ultras and other more powerful variations of special attacks in Street Fighter IV.
Guess they didnt get the memo

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Ledsen said:
If you're going to wait until you're "techically sound", then I'll see you online in 2015 I guess?
If it takes me 6 years to master the input commands for every character than there is something terribly wrong :lol

Technically sound just means being able to execute the commands on command and understand each character's strength's and weaknesses.

RubxQub said:
If it takes me 6 years to master the input commands for every character than there is something terribly wrong :lol

Technically sound just means being able to execute the commands on command and understand each character's strength's and weaknesses.
all that command preparation would have been near useless unless you learn situational links, crossups, combos and when to use focus attacks and FADCs

you could know the command list like the back of your had but playing a human being is different

you're at least going to play the challenge mode, right?

Chorazin

FUCK YES!!!! My TE stick was already attempted to be delivered, had to call and get it held for same day pickup. :)

If your Gamestop order page doesn't have the tracking info, call their customer service line and get your tracking number!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
_dementia said:
all that command preparation would have been unless unless you learn links, combos and when to use focus attacks and FADCs
you're at least going to play the challenge mode, right?
Christ people...I'm going to play online and learn what all of these things are and how to execute them. I just want to touch up on the basics before I get into the hardcore.

Leave me alone! :lol

ShinAmano

So happy and so unexpected. I called a local Best Buy and they had no SF pads and said they would not go on sale till the 18th...however she said there was a store that had 4 in stock but 'probably wont sell them' ...I took a chance and headed out over lunch and scored a Ken and a Blanka pad...they had the others (I was tempted) but I decided to leave them for another lucky person...HD Remix and SF3 TS tonight will be a whole new experience!

CAVE343

RubxQub said:
Christ people...I'm going to play online and learn what all of these things are and how to execute them. I just want to touch up on the basics before I get into the hardcore.

Yeah, just pay and have fun. Your skills will grow (hopefully for you) :lol

dankir said:
Anybody in Canada get a Fightpad?

My friends and I have not seen them yet (GTA area). I'm looking to get one for the 360 since I'm buying SF4 for both systems (and I've already got a nice stick for the PS3). I might just break and buy a Hori EX for the 360...This thread is making me WEAK in the knees...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
RubxQub said:

We show no mercy to 4 year old children. No one is the exception! :lol :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Heads-up to anyone getting the Asian version(s) of SF4: It has been delayed to 2/17!

I am too impatient and paid the extra cash to change to the Japanese version.

fubarduck

Chorazin said:
OH SHI...

PLAYSTATION 3 STREET FIGHTER I - PS3 1 1 $149.99 Shipped N/A

GIMME MY TRACKING NUMBER COCKSUCKERS! I wanna cancel my Amazon order if this actually did ship!

Holy crap, mine shipped too (via Overnight) . . . but if they don't ship on Saturday and arrive on Monday instead, I'll already be out of town for a week! Argh!!

Can't decide between a stick or a pad ;( Can't buy a new stick so its either my DOA4 stick or a fightpad.. Is 6 buttons on the DOA4 stick even enough? I noticed the sf4 sticks have 8.

BloodElfHunter said:
Can't decide between a stick or a pad ;( Can't buy a new stick so its either my DOA4 stick or a fightpad.. Is 6 buttons on the DOA4 stick even enough? I noticed the sf4 sticks have 8.
6 buttons are all you need. there are 8 only to fit your style. first three curve, the last three are straight.

also, doesn't the doa4 stick sorta... suck?

Stabby McSter said:
6 buttons are all you need. there are 8 only to fit your style. first three curve, the last three are straight.

also, doesn't the doa4 stick sorta... suck?
It may not feel the best but it works just fine.

PhatSaqs

Banned
:D :D :D
2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

2ih2jr5.jpg

Now how the hell do I unscrew this ball top?

PhatSaqs

Banned
ShinAmano said:
Nice...where are the stick coming from?
Yeah Gamestop.

The stick works beautifully :D. A+++ would read again and all dat. If you're on the fence between the pad or stick and you've got the dough its a no brainer IMO.

Akim

Banned
Hmm my best buy has the pads...but I'm already getting a stick. Do I realllllly want to get one... (Someone decide for me)

fubarduck

!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIMG0260.JPG

CIMG0261.JPG

CIMG0262.JPG

CIMG0263.JPG

CIMG0264.JPG

PhatSaqs, you gotta open yours and then use a flathead screwdriver on the bottom of the joystick then you can unscrew the balltop with your other hand.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Akim said:
Hmm my best buy has the pads...but I'm already getting a stick. Do I realllllly want to get one... (Someone decide for me)

Yes. You do. You want to bathe in Street Fighter goodness. Plus, player 2 needs some love. A good fighter also gives their opponent the best tools to win until you crush them under your feet. Muhahahahaha!

Ahem.

Edit: It's probably been stated 800 times, but could someone PM me what type of bat top + whatever accessory I need that will fit on the TE sticks? I'm at work atm and I'll lost the post. =(

ShinAmano

_dementia said:
Hey, player 2 needs a controller
I am getting two pads just for this...then the TE stick for me to play solo...o yeah this game is going to rule...probably wont take it out of the 360 for at least a month...and when I do it will only be for RE5...then back to SF (for the rest of the year)!

Kintaro said:
The worst part of getting the pads/sticks is...the game is still 12 days away. =( EARLY LAUNCH CAPCOM! COME ON!

BTW Haunts, could you clarify your last PM? I'll help in any way I can, but I didn't know what you meant. =/

NO

It's already bad enough with Amazon and it's week after ship estimate shenanigans.

:(

Top Bottom