• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Darkman M

Ronabo said:
Allright I love my Blanka pad now. I was able to do the triple Tiger Knee juggle and Fei's chicken wing into fire kick juggle. Not at all possible with the standard 360 controller.

Now I want my TE stick Best Buy!

I pre- ordered there and at Amazon i hope i hear something soon.

TurtleSnatcher said:
*TE pics*

68y5mq.gif

-PXG-

For the new page

ATTENTION GAF!

I will be going to the University Pinball arcade in Philly with another GAFfer and some fellow GameStop employees tomorrow (Friday, the 6th). We plan to arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 PM. All of you are welcome to meet us there if you like. Hope to see you guys there :D

Oh, make sure to bring singles or lots of quarters

University Pinball
4006-08 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Telephone: (215) 387-9523

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey whats going on with this Gamestop talk? Better check on my ord-

PLAYSTATION 3 STREET FIGHTER I - PS3 1 1 $149.99 Shipped
N/A

^___________^

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Blah. My 360 FightPad shipped from GameStop, but the PS3 one says backordered. Yet, it says it's available on the product page. Weird.

-PXG-

Kintaro said:
Blah. My 360 FightPad shipped from GameStop, but the PS3 one says backordered. Yet, it says it's available on the product page. Weird.

I didn't even see the PS3 ones in store. I will check tomorrow before I go to Philly.

Linkhero1

Darkman M said:
Amazon alot of the times don't update their release dates so i take the 25th release date with a grain of salt.
I hope so. I want my TE stick to come around the same time I pick up SF IV.

Spent about 4-5 hours with my TE stick tonight.

I've never really been a stick user but I am about as good as I am on a stick as I am on a pad so that isn't so bad.

I still need to work on my timings but Vegas Super is MUCH easier to pull off on this stick now.

My Izuna drops seem to be having a tad bit more grabbing accuracy and I can finally do his god damn back flip every once in a while to dodge fireballs etc.

So far so good.

My only complaints:

Headset jack/wire adapter suck ass.. I have to jam it in and sometimes it kinda slides out and no one ever hears me..

The cord compartment is cool but its hard for me to wrap the cord that perfect way to stuff it all in :( (Sad panda)

The buttons are sensitive which is awesome.. but almost too sensitive.. I miss selected characters like 3 times tonight because I would hover over the buttons and accidently select the wrong people! :p

Overall though its like 9.7/10 for sure.

gutter_trash said:
sensitive buttons... that's Sanwa alright
Yep. I remember when I first got my VSHGs I would rest my fingers on the buttons and would get involuntary punches and kicks. I thought my sticks were defective, lol. You get used to them though.

Darkman M

Im thinking of ordering the regular asian edition SF4 from play asia or something hoping it's region free which it seems most asian capcom versions has been for awhile just to play the game a week before the NA release which i have the CE reserved already..

-PXG-

I used the FightPad with Third Strike on MAME. The d-pad is awesome. I just want to make it so top three buttons are punches, and the bottom three kicks.

So yesterday I went to pre-order the fightstick at gamestop. But apparently I was a day late, since they stopped taking pre-orders the day before for the regular fightstick, and about a week earlier for the TE.

So the clerk says come back Jan 11 (EDIT: FEB 11) (when they hit stores) and some gamestops should be getting an extra unit or two for those that didn't pre-order.

Anyone hear something similar to this? Or is this guy speaking out of his ass.

Any other options that I should consider (I'd rather get it in person via store) since I don't like using my credit card for anything other than large purchases (i.e, furniture, loan payments etc.).

C- Warrior said:
So yesterday I went to pre-order the fightstick at gamestop. But apparently I was a day late, since they stopped taking pre-orders the day before for the regular fightstick, and about a week earlier for the TE.

So the clerk says come back Jan 11 (when they hit stores) and some gamestops should be getting an extra unit or two for those that didn't pre-order.

Anyone hear something similar to this? Or is this guy speaking out of ass.

Any other options that I should consider (I'd rather get it in person via store) since I don't like using my credit card for anything other than large purchases (i.e, furniture, loan payments etc.).

Time travel?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Raging Spaniard said:
No luck with the avatar change? Have you tried a different link? If the image is too big it might not work also

You don't see the new one? I see it, but only if I have "display avatars" unchecked in my options. If I check that then my old avvy shows up...

Weird.

CPS2

Sinatar said:
You don't see the new one? I see it, but only if I have "display avatars" unchecked in my options. If I check that then my old avvy shows up...

Weird.

Make sure you give it a different filename. I was getting a weird glitch where it'd show the old one, even though I deleted the spot where it was hosted and cleared the browser cache.

GrayFoxPL

Raging Spaniard said:
alansnider.jpg

446.jpg

So for one lets remember that Allen is a shoto clone, so from his design, he mimics how Ken and Ryu look.

Looking at Kens alt, the only similarity is the sleeves and the color, and even the color is different.

Ken has sneakers, a gold chain, golden gloves and a Spain flag belt. Allen has none of those things, and Kens gi has none of the interior detail of Allens, doesnt have a second shirt inside the gi nor the forearm bandage wraps.

Sometimes artists do design things that dont rip anything directly you know :p

I said ingame models not art to game. Ingame model has far fewer details, the art isn't 100% accurate, but I couldn't find anything better. Also this isn't the color I ment. Ken has other colors. I didn't say it was a rip off, but it could be a nod. Hey, if people see SNKs character in Gen's alternative and you see Spanish flags, I can see Allen Snider ;).

Anyway. Yesterday I finally recieved Capcom Classic Collection 2 and played SF1 for the first time, and I loved it. I don't understand why people keep saying that it's awful and act like it never was part of the series. It's fucking amazing for a game from 1987. Maybe it's just me that I can put myself in the right state of mind and don't judge games on today's cryteria. Also I got little sad because I noticed there so much wasted potential in characters now. Like the ninja Geki. Why not using him for SF4 roster? Good, old fashioned, stereotyped ninja. Could be easly tied in with SF3 Ibuki if he isn't already.
Insted we get Rufus... I know, it's fucking ages since SF4 came out in Japan, but I still can't get used to him and didn't change my mind that it's a really, really shitty design. It didn't grow on me one bit.

-PXG- said:
I used the FightPad with Third Strike on MAME. The d-pad is awesome. I just want to make it so top three buttons are punches, and the bottom three kicks.
You can assign the buttons in MAME easily... just hit TAB while the game is playing to access the menu.

I play the shit out of 3S with my VSHGs this way. (I own the DC version so GTFO haters)

Jebus

I've played SF4 a couple of times in the arcade but I never noticed if it was still possible for people to sit in the corner and build up their super bars like it is in SF3 TS? God that's annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jebus said:
I've played SF4 a couple of times in the arcade but I never noticed if it was still possible for people to sit in the corner and build up their super bars like it is in SF3 TS? God that's annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this?
people do that?
anyways don't you get your super bars from attacking?

Ferrio

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
people do that?

In 3s wiffed regulars add to your bar. So people would build their meters while playing footsie.

Jebus

Stabby McSter said:
people do that?

Amazingly yes, people do actually do that. They will constantly jump away from you while doing crappy moves to build up their super bars. The rounds go forever, trust me it's terrible. Sometimes they will be on 1 side of the screen while you're on the other, and while you are considering whether or not to super jump and hurricane kick yourself over there to attack them they are just sitting there building up their super bar.

Ferrio said:
In 3s wiffed regulars add to your bar. So people would build their meters while playing footsie.

I take it regulars don't have the same effect in SF4? please tell me that's the case.

Building your super gauge in SF4 is like building your gauge in SSFT2:Turbo (more or less).

the ultra gauge fills up upon damage received.

Ronabo said:
Allright I love my Blanka pad now. I was able to do the triple Tiger Knee juggle and Fei's chicken wing into fire kick juggle. Not at all possible with the standard 360 controller.

Now I want my TE stick Best Buy!
I can do that with my standard 360 pad.

Wait... You got the pad? Others have too?

Man... I wonder how long it takes befor those pads become available at my local gamestore.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
hidepsyence said:
So, Gaf, i'm thinking about getting this :

fightingstick2.jpg

hori stick for ps3, what's the general consensus about it? : )

Those buttons look the same kind as the ones on FightingStick2 for PS2, and all 3 controllers that I've used (not mine, some friends have those) have worn out really really quickly. Some buttons don't respond anymore unless you use brute force, and the sticks have become slightly loose.

I'd recommend posting in the Arcade Stick Thread though for "professional" input :D

Osaka said:
Those buttons look the same kind as the ones on FightingStick2 for PS2, and all 3 controllers that I've used (not mine, some friends have those) have worn out really really quickly. Some buttons don't respond anymore unless you use brute force, and the sticks have become slightly loose.

I'd recommend posting in the Arcade Stick Thread though for "professional" input :D

Thanks man, i'll go check the AS Thread for more information ^ ^

Anyone know when the fightpads & sticks are getting shipped in Europe?

Also, I saw that there were only a limited number of the TE sticks and that they all sold out in the US - this may be a stupid question, but is there seperate stock for Europe, or are we going to have to wait for MadCatz to make some more?

I guess what i'm simply asking is, will I get my fightpads & TE stick on or before release date in the UK?

Jube3

StickyFingers said:
I can do that with my standard 360 pad.

Wait... You got the pad? Others have too?

Man... I wonder how long it takes befor those pads become available at my local gamestore.

Quite a few Best Buys have recieved their pads and have put them out for sale.

Top Bottom