• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

giuliu said:
what kind of joystick is in the madcat TE? or heck, which of the sticks that doesn't have the "clicking" noise?
they all do.

and this thread makes me cry. maybe i should go away for awhile until i hear news about the sticks. :(

-PXG-

Well, leaving for Philly in a bit. I hope to see some of you there :D

I also just got CPS3. Can't wait to test out Third Strike and the FightPad on that.

RubxQub said:
Christ people...I'm going to play online and learn what all of these things are and how to execute them. I just want to touch up on the basics before I get into the hardcore.

Leave me alone! :lol

NO! Get your ass online day one and get your shit pushed in. That's the only way to learn!

CAVE343

-PXG- said:
Well, leaving for Philly in a bit. I hope to see some of you there :D

I also just got CPS3. Can't wait to test out Third Strike and the FightPad on that.
have fun :) too bad I can't come since I'm from EU land :)

diffusionx

Gold Member
Does anyone know if Amazon has started shipping the joysticks yet? I am really curious if I am even gonna get the one I preordered.

AnonymousNoob said:
NO

It's already bad enough with Amazon and it's week after ship estimate shenanigans.

:(

I know, I'm desperately hoping they'll get them early. I know street dated blu-ray's the shipping/arrival date usually are off, but I pretty much always got my movies on the day they were released. I'm kinda hoping the sticks are the same way.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TurtleSnatcher said:
You guys are freaking out a bit too much.

Buy.com will probably keep him in that status for a week+ :lol

HUSH YOU! You want to eat 3x c.lk into EX Legs?!?!

Sallokin

ShinAmano said:
This is Best Buys SKU for all for it make no difference which.

It would seem that way. When I went in the store to pick mine up they did a search using the Ryu SKU that was posted earlier and it brought up a screen listing all the controllers. Funny thing is they got exactly one box of them in that had 4 controllers in it (one for each character minus Akuma). Not sure what that's about.

Kintaro

So, looks like my 360 FightPad will be waiting for me when I arrive...problem is, I have like, no fighters for it. To tell the truth, I only have Castle Crashers for the system. :lol Guess I'll hit Gamestop for a Xbox fighter or two to play on this thing. Not buying Hd Remix again.

ShinAmano

Sallokin said:
It would seem that way. When I went in the store to pick mine up they did a search using the Ryu SKU that was posted earlier and it brought up a screen listing all the controllers. Funny thing is they got exactly one box of them in that had 4 controllers in it (one for each character minus Akuma). Not sure what that's about.
I think that is the standard allotment as both of the stores in Richmond VA got only 4...one of each and the Ken I got for myself and the Blanka I got for a buddy both rang up with the same SKU.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
So, looks like my 360 FightPad will be waiting for me when I arrive...problem is, I have like, no fighters for it. To tell the truth, I only have Castle Crashers for the system. :lol Guess I'll hit Gamestop for a Xbox fighter or two to play on this thing. Not buying Hd Remix again.

btw accept my goddamn friend request on PSN dammit.

Darkman M

Kintaro said:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection if you can find it.

Kintaro said:
Download SF2THDR on XBL?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Kintaro said:

Guilty Gear XWhatever is on Originals.

Akim

Banned
I went to best buy, there was none out in the controller section, didn't know where else to look. Asked the dude, he had no idea what I was talking about. Didn't bring the SKU with me.

Fuck this shit.

Kintaro

Raging Spaniard said:
btw accept my goddamn friend request on PSN dammit.

Did you send it today? I'm at work at the moment. =/ No where near the confines of my media room. =( I shall when I get home. :D

By the way, how often do you take requests for illustrations?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Did you send it today? I'm at work at the moment. =/ No where near the confines of my media room. =( I shall when I get home. :D

By the way, how often do you take requests for illustrations?

I sent it like, last week :p

And as long as theres $$$ I take requests all day, lol :D:D :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
Darkman M said:
2ynqh48.jpg

6nxzyc.jpg

Kintaro

Raging Spaniard said:
I sent it like, last week :p

And as long as theres $$$ I take requests all day, lol :D:D :D

Did you? Huh...I checked my inbox this morning and didn't see anything and I've accepted everything that came in the past couple of weeks. Could you resend? PSN: Darshiro.

Well, can talk money after SF4 mania dies down and my poor wallet climbs out of the bomb shelter. I'll hit you up then. :D

Saqs: What was the model # of the battop?

giuliu

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
they all do.

and this thread makes me cry. maybe i should go away for awhile until i hear news about the sticks. :(

then what makes the $150 version any different from the $50 hori sticks?

giuliu said:
then what makes the $150 version any different from the $50 hori sticks?
Uh.. May want to just google the stick and read up on the differences..

These use the actual parts from the Jap arcade cabinets.. Sanwa parts. Its also got a nice frame and is easily moddable and had guidance from MarkMan who knows sticks for sure.

Raging Spaniard

Kintaro said:
Did you? Huh...I checked my inbox this morning and didn't see anything and I've accepted everything that came in the past couple of weeks. Could you resend? PSN: Darshiro.

Well, can talk money after SF4 mania dies down and my poor wallet climbs out of the bomb shelter. I'll hit you up then. :D

Saqs: What was the model # of the battop?

Oh shit, I thought it was Kintaro for some reason, lol. Ill resend it.

Yeah were all poor due to this SF IV craze, they charged me for the stick yesterday and next payday cant come soon enough :\

Kintaro

So, I'm thinking of how I'd like to try customizing the TE stick. Depends on when the art templates go out. PS3 stick with a red translucent buttons and the 360 stick with green or blue ones. Depends on the art. :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jim said:
Mine says the same via buy.com... not expecting that it's actually shipping or has shipped yet though.

Yeah, I don't expect it to ship until next week at the earliest. I've been on a roll with getting games before the street date the past few months.

GQman2121

Banned
Best Buy at the Inner Harbor here in Baltimore has the pads for the 360. Sticks next Tuesday apparently........

My import store is saying they'll have the game early next week too. :)

giuliu

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Uh.. May want to just google the stick and read up on the differences..

These use the actual parts from the Jap arcade cabinets.. Sanwa parts. Its also got a nice frame and is easily moddable and had guidance from MarkMan who knows sticks for sure.

so the TE sticks doesn't have the "click" noise right? since they're actual parts from arcade cabinets right?

I'm just looking for a stick that doesn't have the 8 way click like the couple hori that I own for the 360

Raging Spaniard

jobber said:
Yeah, I don't expect it to ship until next week at the earliest. I've been on a roll with getting games before the street date the past few months.

I think this is the first time I see you posting outside of the NBA thread, quickly! Say DAGGGGGGERRRR!!!!!! :lol :lol

giuliu said:
so the TE sticks doesn't have the "click" noise right? since they're actual parts from arcade cabinets right?
Of course it clicks. It's a Sanwa.

Generally, Japanese sticks click when you activate the microswitches.

Spy

I'm thinking of canceling my Gamestop preorder of the game and trying to get it online from a website whom I think will break the street date.

Top Bottom