• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Buk and Ricky won.. Beat crackfiends team.. Buk was doing good against the rog.. not so good against the Bison.. The bison was good.

Went to the last possible round in the 3rd set.

bistromathics said:
can someone link me to the rules of this tourny. i dont really udnerstand how the team stuff works.
Pretty much 2 people on each team.. Can't change characters.

If you lose on your team.. then your partner goes..

Then they play another set.. The losers can choose the order again of who wants to start.. the winners can't I don't believe. (Or they may be able too.. but not sure)

No loser bracket.. and the end.

Remember there is another head 2 head cabinet there so half the games are being played elsewhere not just on the 1 we see.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
TurtleSnatcher said:

Then they play another set.. The losers can choose the order again of who wants to start.. the winners can't I don't believe. (Or they may be able too.. but not sure)

Remember there is another head 2 head cabinet there so half the games are being played elsewhere not just on the 1 we see.

so its best 2 out of 3 sets?

I've heard a lot of these names in passing and in srk threads and on youtube videos and from the people at GU. I am shocked at how entertaining this is. I expected something like this with announcers and whatnot to be really awkward and embarrassing, but this is rad.

TurtleSnatcher said:

Winners can NOT change order.

I've heard Gootecks talk about a loser's bracket, so I thought there was one.

Rice-Eater said:
Dhalsim in the right hands just a fucking nightmare. The frustrations one must have trying to close the distance is maddening.
My best friend that I play against online mains Dhalsim. Reaching him is just hoping he fucks up. I can rush forward all I want, he'll just teleport to the other side and keep backing up while punching across the screen.

I'm awesome at taking on the rare Dhalsims online because of it, though.

Dang can't beieve stream is still going. I woulda gone but denjin arcade is like 50 miles away, fuck simi valley.

Yesterday I played Valle's Ryu and Sanchez' Bison and a bunch of other socal peeps. I was like the only one using a console char but it was lots of fun and I didn't get my ass worked completely, woooo!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Been watching for at least an hour I think - good stuff there, especially that damn Dhalsim that took out Black Money - damn, a good Dhalsim is already annoying, but against characters with no projectiles it's even worse...

CPS2

bistromathics said:
does combofiend play viper? i see his name in the c.viper srk thread, but i never seen him play.

There's some videos of him playing Viper on thedogfaceshow's youtube channel.

Arde5643

Skilotonn said:
Been watching for at least an hour I think - good stuff there, especially that damn Dhalsim that took out Black Money - damn, a good Dhalsim is already annoying, but against characters with no projectiles it's even worse...
Interestingly, Fuerte is a nice counter pick to use against Dhalsim.

Valle really has good reaction - I think he uppercut'd almost all of the jump-in attempts.

Arde5643 said:
Interestingly, Fuerte is a nice counter pick to use against Dhalsim.

I don't know if Rufus is considered a Sim counter, I doubt it, but I have plenty of great ways to get in on him and trick him. The biggest strategy I use is fucking with delayed divekicks. You can do them very high to beat his long distance pokes, and you can delay them to bait his knee anti-air and then get in on him.

Once you're in, the real fun begins.

I do the same thing to Dictators who think they can zone me with s.HK all day.

GalacticAE said:
You're gonna claim that Valle is a player with poor execution?

No, I think I'm just kind of pissed because Ryu is my favorite character and since Valle is the only one left maining him(I think) I'd like to see him look better then that. I think Valle is doing that intentionally, but why? It's confusing to see Valle back dash out of a Ultra opportunity.

Rice-Eater said:
No, I think I'm just kind of pissed because Ryu is my favorite character and since Valle is the only one left maining him(I think) I'd like to see him look better then that. I think Valle is doing that intentionally, but why? It's confusing to see Valle back dash out of a Ultra opportunity.

Know this: Red Statue is the future.

Rice-Eater said:

I think it's unfair to point out those flaws when the rest of his performace has been absolutely fucking stellar. Amazing zone game, great ability to predict the opponent's move and capitalize, etc. He also seems to know all the matchups really well and never reverts to some bullshit way of playing. Honestly if his execution was "poor" you would see it in the rest of his game and not some simple fadc mistakes.

myDingling said:
I think it's unfair to point out those flaws when the rest of his performace has been absolutely fucking stellar. Amazing zone game, great ability to predict the opponent's move and capitalize, etc. He also seems to know all the matchups really well and never reverts to some bullshit way of playing. Honestly if his execution was "poor" you would see it in the rest of his game and not some simple fadc mistakes.

Don't get the wrong idea, I didn't mean to say his execution is bad, I know who he is and his long history in competitive play. It's one of those times when you watch a pro do bad and you're sitting there thinking "WTF, I could do better". Of course I can't but anyways, everything he's doing is looking great except for those strange back dashes after canceling the SRK(even during Ultra opportunities). I'd actually like to see what he has to say about that.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ricky Ortiz just won 3rd Strike Tourney?
Edit: Seems he did...someone just typed that it was Kai vs Ortiz in the final and Ortiz came on top. Congrats Ricky.

GalacticAE said:
It's been 3s hype for a bit. SF4 will start up again.

<SABIN> VALLE IS A NOBODY.... COMBOFIEND = COMBOFREE

EC vs. WC hype coming up.

don't care lol, just wanna know 411 on buk/ricky (they still in winners?)

what's a good online irc client? don't wanna dl a program onto a friends comp

FindMyFarms said:
don't care lol, just wanna know 411 on buk/ricky (they still in winners?)

what's a good online irc client? don't wanna dl a program onto a friends comp

I think you can do irc in a browser. Dunno.

FindMyFarms said:
so wtf? Has buk/ricky played since they went up against that ryu/dictator team?
They played a boxer/bison team.. crackfiend and someone else..

That went to 3rd set.. last round pretty much but Ricky won it.

They went on a 2 hr break for 3s stuff.. (for the 4th time)

TurtleSnatcher said:
They played a boxer/bison team.. crackfiend and someone else..

That went to 3rd set.. last round pretty much but Ricky won it.

They went on a 2 hr break for 3s stuff.. (for the 4th time)

Oh ok wow, can't believe nothing's happened since lol.

edit - I wonder why logan didn't roll up as buk's partner for SBO

Top Bottom