• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Arde5643

myDingling said:
this is intense totally worth staying up for it :D

Go Valle! Go west coast!
Haha! Both of them are west coast though so it doesn't really matter. :lol

But man, Valle seems to just wake up now while Ed Ma and Ken-I are starting to lose their juice.

Arde5643 said:
Haha! Both of them are west coast though so it doesn't really matter. :lol

But man, Valle seems to just wake up now while Ed Ma and Ken-I are starting to lose their juice.

Yeah i know they're both WC, just wanted to point out our awesomeness.

MIND BLOWN *drops dead*

*comes back to life*

Combofiend is a motherfucking beast. Very clutch comeback to beat Ken I after falling way behind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Combofiend is the MVP, he pretty much carried the team the whole day with Valle having that little run at the end.

Xamdou

Kadey said:
Combofiend is the MVP, he pretty much carried the team the whole day with Valle having that little run at the end.

Yeah he went 9-0, beat that east team and won the finale round comeback special that was mind boggling! :lol

Definately going to check out the HD replay vids tomorrow! ;O

Arde5643

It's nice to hear Valle admitting of his bad play and then praising Combofiend for giving him the advice.

Hopefully Valle will tighten his game and execution for SBO.

noodalls

Timedog said:
motherfuck.
Also I've asked like 8 times if there are start up frames on block or duck, no one seems to know.

This is the kind of question I like. I used my programmable stick to have a look.

1P Ryu's A on Frame4. (i3 move).

P2 Ryu.
- To duck with d, must input d on frame 1, release on f7 or later. Otherwise will get hit.
- To block, b on frame 7. can release on f8.
- db on frame 7 (off on frame 8) will crouch block the jab (a high move!). This actually occurs from f2-7. db on f1 will duck the jab.

KajunW

That was an awesome finals, it's a shame not all finalists can go to Japan. Ed Ma is just awesome. Combofiend is MVP for this tourney; he really is clutch.

Gootecks mentioned at one point something going on between Combofiend en Ed Ma, and that they were not forming a team as a result. Does anyone know what he was talking about?

Yeah, I went to sleep around 11:30, so I'd like to see the later matches too, especially the Mike Ross combo everyone was nutting over.

Maybe it could reignite the fires for this game. Or even better yet, maybe they have a solitaire channel.

Team Find, Ariba.

Ledsen

_dementia said:
Are the SBO qualifiers HD versions up yet?

When they finished the tournament their local time was around 3 am, and that was 5 hours ago. I'm pretty sure they're sleeping right now :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Did they upload all the vids yet? I passed after the semifinals I believe. I wanna see the rest of em and would love a link if it's available. Thanks.

So Marn/J.Wong and Combofiend/Valle are the U.S. SBO teams for SFIV?

I wonder who Marn and J.Wong are going to use Abel/Rufus? Boxer/Rufus or Rufus/Boxer?

And Combofiend is sick with Viper. I watched the Dogface matches and was like he's okay, but he was obviously just messing around. These high level players are sick in that they can use several characters and win tournaments with any of them. Wong has won tournaments with Rufus and Abel. Guess it's good for matchups.

Spiderjericho said:
So Marn/J.Wong and Combofiend/Valle are the U.S. SBO teams for SFIV?

I wonder who Marn and J.Wong are going to use Abel/Rufus? Boxer/Rufus or Rufus/Boxer?

And Combofiend is sick with Viper. I watched the Dogface matches and was like he's okay, but he was obviously just messing around. These high level players are sick in that they can use several characters and win tournaments with any of them. Wong has won tournaments with Rufus and Abel. Guess it's good for matchups.
no..

Technically the US teams are Combofiend/Valle (Denjin Block) and Fubarduck/Jonlo (PlanetZero Block)

Stunfest was in Europe and they didn't put any regional blocks on who could enter like Denjin where they required a US Passport..

So Marn and Justin Wong flew to Europe and ran all over them and took that block.

EDIT:

Wow.. Daigo and Nuki just qualified for a block as did Momochi and Kindevu..

Dizzam.. shits getting real son.

Who do Fubarduck and Jonlo main? Never heard of them.

And J.Wong/Marn represent Europe? WTF? That is weird.

Daigo and Nuki finally qualified. Chun/Ry...eh. Don't see them going too far.

Now Akuma/Rufus should be good interesting.

JEKKI

so last nite I was at Denjin arcade as I guess u guys have been watching... shyt was maad hype!!

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Haunts for a brief moment, this was after his team was peaced out and he was not very happy at all.

while his match was happening I was standing behind the commentator's table where they had two laptop setups, one with IRC running and the other with Twitter on refresh or something...

when Mike Ross made his pixel-life comeback and everyone was going insane, if you looked at the IRC laptop that shyt was going dooooooooooown and we were like pointing at it like oh shyyyyyt IRC is going CRAZY!!

anyways yes, SFIV is the hypeness. I hate playing this game, but it's damn fun to watch lol. Go to Evo everyone, u cant miss it!

JEKKI said:
anyways yes, SFIV is the hypeness. I hate playing this game, but it's damn fun to watch lol. Go to Evo everyone, u cant miss it!

Ticket and hotel already booked for EVO! I'll be there!

Spiderjericho said:
Who do Fubarduck and Jonlo main? Never heard of them.

And J.Wong/Marn represent Europe? WTF? That is weird.

Daigo and Nuki finally qualified. Chun/Ry...eh. Don't see them going too far.

Now Akuma/Rufus should be good interesting.

Wat?

Fubarduck placed 5th last year in 3s at Evo.. He is the owner of Arcade UFO here in Austin, TX.. Both are TX players. Fubar also posts on GAF

Fubar plays Akuma. Jonlo plays Sagat

I must have spent like 10 hours watching the tourney last night but I missed the amazing Ross moment because I was playing SF4(ironic isn't it) and only heard the crowd go crazy in the background because I was concentrating on winning a match. So seeing what the hell happened to cause all that ruckus is at the top of my priority list when going through the videos when they're released.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wat?

Fubarduck placed 5th last year in 3s at Evo.. He is the owner of Arcade UFO here in Austin, TX.. Both are TX players. Fubar also posts on GAF

I'm not knowledgeable on the Texas scene. Congrats to them and good luck. And I didn't know we had a tournament player posting in the thread.

And it would be nice if they just let you download the matches, as it would allow you to skip and not have to deal with judder and skipping.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm not knowledgeable on the Texas scene. Congrats to them and good luck. And I didn't know we had a tournament player posting in the thread.

And it would be nice if they just let you download the matches, as it would allow you to skip and not have to deal with judder and skipping.
Haunts made the thread and played in SBO yesterday with Magus.. :lol

Fubar doesnt really post in this thread but generally reads gafs and posts around like in the Arcade Stick thread etc.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Ticket and hotel already booked for EVO! I'll be there!

Wat?

whoa whoa whoa, wait. fubarduck posts on GAF and somehow I didn't notice?

Top Bottom