• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ATTN EVERYONE:

Remember to back up your saves for SFIV. It is very easy and will make it much less annoying when your save gets corrupted.

-An angry gamer

prodystopian said:
ATTN EVERYONE:

Remember to back up your saves for SFIV. It is very easy and will make it much less annoying when your save gets corrupted.

-An angry gamer
I need to get myself an MC :/

my condolences

FoxSpirit

JEKKI said:
anyways yes, SFIV is the hypeness. I hate playing this game, but it's damn fun to watch lol. Go to Evo everyone, u cant miss it!

What, the game or the crowd reactions? Because the game itself isn't much to look at. Except for some mad C. Viper stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
prodystopian said:
ATTN EVERYONE:

-An angry gamer

I know that all too well.

Most of you guys missed the funny fat dude as a commentator. The guy was cracking jokes at everyone. Talking trash on the sideline. :lol

fubarduck

I was actually at this tournament to try to qualify for 3S (I failed, d'oh) but also to watch that super-hype SF4 tourney. For anyone watching the stream, I was on the laptop IRC'ing for a while towards the end of the tournament wearing a yellow shirt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
fubarduck said:
I was actually at this tournament to try to qualify for 3S (I failed, d'oh) but also to watch that super-hype SF4 tourney. For anyone watching the stream, I was on the laptop IRC'ing for a while towards the end of the tournament wearing a yellow shirt.

The one that Gootecks gave a taco to?

JEKKI

FoxSpirit said:
What, the game or the crowd reactions? Because the game itself isn't much to look at. Except for some mad C. Viper stuff.
obviously you werent getting hype off the stream last nite??

regardless a crowd definitely helps amplify the excitement of seeing clutch comebacks or OCVs

fubarduck said:

fubar - I played you twice today on SF4.. (MINI Pez is my GT)

I got rocked with my Gen but squeaked out a round on my Elf.. Nice Akuma.. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Passed on driving up to Denjin.

E3 week killed my mojo.

The stream definitely was HYPE THO!

Thanks fubarduck for standing next to the statue, best shit ever.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
_dementia said:
either Ross is psychic or his reaction time is just that amazing

I dunno, I think Mike set it up pretty nicely... that particular setup is part of most Honda player's arsenal IMO. You could see it in the first round where he did something similar, trying to bait tiger shot after blocked headbutt. If haunts had thrown a tiger shot there, that ultra would've hit too. haunts didn't fall for it first round, but last round... :/

MightyKAC

On a side note I JUST got my Magic Box in the mail. Time to see if those old Saturn pads I remember so well can help take the SUCK out of my game.

Just a quick question, how many fights are required to get the Gold Crown in the Hard Survival Challenges? I have done the first but wanted to know how far i had to get before i was able to get it for the last 4 challenges.

Dirtyshubb said:
Just a quick question, how many fights are required to get the Gold Crown in the Hard Survival Challenges? I have done the first but wanted to know how far i had to get before i was able to get it for the last 4 challenges.
40 I think

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Wow at the number of El Fuertes I faced online tonight. Where the hell did that come from?

_dementia said:
40 I think
I was lucky with the first challenge, got to 40 and thought i cant be bothered :D

Thats the thing with this game, i feel the challenges go on for far too long and when you add the trial challenges aswell there are just too many. I borrowed the game from a friend and wanted to get as much as i can out the way before i have to give it back but with the ammount of filler its taking me a lot longer than i thought :(

Dirtyshubb said:
I was lucky with the first challenge, got to 40 and thought i cant be bothered :D

Thats the thing with this game, i feel the challenges go on for far too long and when you add the trial challenges aswell there are just too many. I borrowed the game from a friend and wanted to get as much as i can out the way before i have to give it back but with the ammount of filler its taking me a lot longer than i thought :(

If you want to get as much out of it as possible then actually play the game and stop wasting your time in trials lol, you don't get anything (except costumes/taunts? who gives a fuck if your on a time limit.)

TurtleSnatcher said:
And fail...

Arturo doesn't play Fuerte.. he plays Dhalsim and Seth.

Kai and Buktooth were the ones that used Fuerte in the SBO.

I fixed your fail.

I was going to point that out too, but I knew you'd do a better job of making known the fail. You'll have to forgive timekillr, a few too many RD's have made his memory questionable.

I'm getting a new ps3 today.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man I played a Zangief last night 3 times that broke me down. Shit, I was perfect, he had less than 1/3 of life. He jumps in, poke poke poke, BAM grab. I dash away from him as I stand up, jump over him for a crossup... BAM ULTRA. Grabs me... Chun is dead. I was practically perfect. Second round was something similar, but far more bullshit. I woke up with EX SBK, he blocked. He was away, but he poked and instantly unleashed Ultra... grabbed me. Dead.

Zangief needs nerfing =(

Zangief match up isn't really that tough for Chun imo. She has a lot of tools that keep him away, so it's pretty easy to frustrate the fuck out of zangief.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Pop On Arrival said:
Zangief match up isn't really that tough for Chun imo. She has a lot of tools that keep him away, so it's pretty easy to frustrate the fuck out of zangief.

I know, I think this is the first Zangief that has beat me in a long time. It was probably the rust from not playing for like 2 weeks. But damn was I annoyed :lol

FindMyFarms said:
I was going to point that out too, but I knew you'd do a better job of making known the fail. You'll have to forgive timekillr, a few too many RD's have made his memory questionable.

I'm getting a new ps3 today.
Get a 360 too so we can play.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Relix said:
Man I played a Zangief last night 3 times that broke me down. Shit, I was perfect, he had less than 1/3 of life. He jumps in, poke poke poke, BAM grab. I dash away from him as I stand up, jump over him for a crossup... BAM ULTRA. Grabs me... Chun is dead. I was practically perfect. Second round was something similar, but far more bullshit. I woke up with EX SBK, he blocked. He was away, but he poked and instantly unleashed Ultra... grabbed me. Dead.

Zangief needs nerfing =(

That's how I beat this one Seth that was 10k GP. He was practically handing me my ass the whole battle with some very good turtling but I managed to get in one grab, a lariat and with half his life left, a quick jump in Ultra.

Hmm, I watched halfway through the video and it froze. When I tried to reload it, it says the video isn't available, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Top Bottom