• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Stantron said:
G1 Finals Record: 0 - 4
:(

I can't tech throw to save my life. Even if I see it coming. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong because I'm pressing the buttons, yet the tech does not come out. It's becoming really annoying.

It's a lag issue. Unless you see the throw coming a mile away, you don't always tech when you should.

I'm a snob who only plays 4-5 bar connections and this is an issue. I've lost games where I had 3 bars and an ultra, EX Messiah wouldn't come out during a tick throw setup I see coming a mile away, I lose where I would have juggled his ass 50%. I consider those wins lon principle lol.

abombb

Banned
I'm going through the trials right now, and I do not understand how to do Sagat's fake kick. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

atkbob

Banned
abombb said:
I'm going through the trials right now, and I do not understand how to do Sagat's fake kick. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?
You have to double tap heavy kick really fast. Imagine the rhythm or a horse galloping. Do that, but really fast.

abombb said:
do you have turbo?
if not, map every button to hard kick and violently mash all buttons

abombb

Banned
I still play on a standard 360 controller, so I don't have turbo. But after violently scraping my hands on the controller for about 5 minutes, I got lucky and completed it:D

Xevren

One of these days I'll finish all the hard trials, or at least most except for El Fuerte and C. Viper again. If I get another corrupted save file though bad things will happen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The God's Garden Winner's Finals Uryo (VI) vs Daigo (RY)
God, I hate such aggressive Vipers. Take that shit out of my SFIV.

Yes, I'm not happy Daigo lost that one.

Rocky_Balboa said:
I added you. Let's get it on!

My tag is Rokitty.
Yeah, I remember your tag. Still need to reconfigure my network settings for the 360 though, as I currently have moderate NAT again.

TimeKillr said:
Perfect.

I'll need you to help me with my Sim - I'm picking him up as my secondary (it's a good secondary to Abel). :)
I'm really rusty right now, but okay. ;p

I've hit a new low. I passed up visiting my dad in the UK because I knew I wouldn't be able to play Street fighter for at least a month if I decided to go over there.

Unless Sanjay lets me sleep over at his house.

Pop On Arrival said:
I've hit a new low. I passed up visiting my dad in the UK because I knew I wouldn't be able to play Street fighter for at least a month if I decided to go over there.

You did the right thing Pop :lol *wink*

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I am fucking tired of this TE stick and I"m about to throw it out the fucking window into the snow.

Anyone want to play some free wins right now? :D

Sanjay

Pop On Arrival said:

Lies you just don't want to play me, my superior skills being to much for you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
Sanjay has the best avatar ever

Last night I played 3S at the arcade. <3 Q.
Fuck Q.

EDIT: If you're one of those who dash to your enemy when he's KO, then die.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Timedog said:
I am fucking tired of this TE stick and I"m about to throw it out the fucking window into the snow.

Anyone want to play some free wins right now? :D

I am finally almost entirley used to it. I have a problem with Half Circles, especially for Chun's Hassan Shou and Honda's Oicho. I can't seem to do it with consistency and sometimes will just jump. Also my stick movements are sluggish. I am getting crossedup over and over and over. Aside from that... getting the hang. Even won a G1 with it. Any tips for the stick movements?

Relix said:
Any tips for the stick movements?
You're probably already aware, but use subtle movements and don't ride the gate.
I'm sure by now you know the difference between activating the microswitch (engage) and moving the lever all the way to the gate (throw).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm having some trouble pulling off Bison's ultra when starting from a crouch. With the keyboard or Classic Controller, I can get it to work 100% of the time but with a Saturn pad or fight stick it seems to be totally random. I'm guessing it has something to do with the diagonals being more sensitive, but I can't find a way to compensate for it. Any tips?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
You're probably already aware, but use subtle movements and don't ride the gate.
I'm sure by now you know the difference between activating the microswitch (engage) and moving the lever all the way to the gate (throw).

Yeah I noticed this too just recently. If I do a half circle without getting to the borders (the gate I guess right?)it will be flawless, but in the intensity of a match I forget this haha. Need to get calm I guess. Well... about 50 more matches before I get entirely used with the stick. w00t I am back. Hahha.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I haven't gotten past 3rd battle with my TE stick. One game I got so mad that I pulled my dick out and smacked the stick with my dick during a match. I think my hand is too fucking big for the stick, plus I broke my hand punching a dude and the bone didn't heal right, and my right hand hurts really bad where the break was. Yesterday I went to punch myself in the balls after I lost but changed the trajectory of my punch midswing to hit my leg. I'm getting so pissed that I'm doing childish things.

Oldern, again good games. There was that one really close one. :D Epic.

Also good games with MicVlad. Sorry that I had to go so soon. Close matches, almost all of them. I couldn't tech that slide to throw! :/ On the other hand, I got some really lucky headbutts from your jumping attacks. :D

MIMIC

Banned
Timedog said:
I haven't gotten past 3rd battle with my TE stick. One game I got so mad that I pulled my dick out and smacked the stick with my dick during a match. I think my hand is too fucking big for the stick, plus I broke my hand punching a dude and the bone didn't heal right, and my right hand hurts really bad where the break was. Yesterday I went to punch myself in the balls after I lost but changed the trajectory of my punch midswing to hit my leg. I'm getting so pissed that I'm doing childish things.

I think you need to start wearing Dan's alternate costume.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
There's nothing that brings more a smile to me than Ultrain'g through fireballs with Chun's. I just imagine the face and pain my opponents must experience at that moment. Right now and thanks to the stick I just Ultraed a close range Guile after he sonic boomed me, and earlier a Ryu. Like in real... close... range. With the pad that would have been impossible. I am happy to say I am 95% used to the stick, and some parts of my game are now better. It's been what... like 200 matches? :lol I am in my second consecutive G1 final right now. w00t. Lost the previous one, but I want to win this one. Sadly... it takes a while to pick someone with a good connection =P

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ysiadmihi said:
I'm having some trouble pulling off Bison's ultra when starting from a crouch. With the keyboard or Classic Controller, I can get it to work 100% of the time but with a Saturn pad or fight stick it seems to be totally random. I'm guessing it has something to do with the diagonals being more sensitive, but I can't find a way to compensate for it. Any tips?
Everything before the final forward can be done as a diagonal. In other words, charge db, df, db, f works.

TimeKillr

MicVlaD said:
Yeah, I remember your tag. Still need to reconfigure my network settings for the 360 though, as I currently have moderate NAT again.

I'm really rusty right now, but okay. ;p

Sorry about the invite - I was on the PC version with a fellow gaffer and we were recording some stuff.

AZ Greg

If anyone wants to play on XBL send me an invite. I want to work on my Chun, but doing it vs. randoms doesn't help as you only get to face them once in ranked/championship and most leave after one close win in player. My Chun is pretty bad, so free wins for whoever plays me!

jacobs34

I have a question for the loyal SF/arcade stick crowd. I've got around 150 bucks as a gift card on Amazon, I'm in a situation where I can basically buy any stick I want. My question is which stick should I go with? I know the obvious choice is the TE stick, but I've also heard good things about the Arcade Pro, EX which is a bit cheaper and has great reviews. There's also the cheaper brand sticks like the SE stick and the rest of the sticks on the market. I know there is a thread for this but I plan on using this stick mainly for SF4 and I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ggs MicVlad

first time I've faced a dhalsim with my bison.

11-0 seems pretty embarrassing, but I can't remember a match I didn't make you work for at least! god some of dhalsims tricks I can't learn at all. the whole 'I ultra'd now I'm teleporting or FAing' thing was murder. I don't know what to do! Is there a way to beat the FA if you're up close? I don't think I can teleport out in time, I tried it 3 times and got ultra ko-d every time.

Fun stuff, but it's late, I'm drunk and need sleep!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
snape killed dumbledore, pimp. hit me up on xbl in the next 5 minutes and we'll see who tha real wizard motherfucker is.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
jacobs34 said:
I have a question for the loyal SF/arcade stick crowd. I've got around 150 bucks as a gift card on Amazon, I'm in a situation where I can basically buy any stick I want. My question is which stick should I go with? I know the obvious choice is the TE stick, but I've also heard good things about the Arcade Pro, EX which is a bit cheaper and has great reviews. There's also the cheaper brand sticks like the SE stick and the rest of the sticks on the market. I know there is a thread for this but I plan on using this stick mainly for SF4 and I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

I can only speak in behalf of the TE stick, but I can say it's awesome, the buttons are perfect, so is the stick and just everything about it. Hell, even the packaging it comes with should cost more than other sticks :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
haunt's new blog is up, focusing on Big Box and Gods Garden!

http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/8/8/grindin-japan-big-box-arcade-gods-garden.html

This is a big WTF to me lol

"The most memorable match though was against TKD who is an El Fuerte player. Tiger Shots were useless in this match as he would splash over them each time, scoring him a knockdown. In the corner he would do a goofy cross up using Jumping roundhouse and proceed to Run Stop Fierce. The most interesting tactic he had though is he would use the air grab to catch me out of a back dash. I had never seen this before so I was in disbelief when it happened. I thought maybe I did something like an uppercut on accident but knew that couldn't be it since I didn't hit a button. IronFist later confirmed that this was possible as an El Furte used the same tactic on him that same night...at a different location."

Arde5643

Oichi said:
haunt's new blog is up, focusing on Big Box and Gods Garden!

http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/8/8/grindin-japan-big-box-arcade-gods-garden.html

This is a big WTF to me lol

"The most memorable match though was against TKD who is an El Fuerte player. Tiger Shots were useless in this match as he would splash over them each time, scoring him a knockdown. In the corner he would do a goofy cross up using Jumping roundhouse and proceed to Run Stop Fierce. The most interesting tactic he had though is he would use the air grab to catch me out of a back dash. I had never seen this before so I was in disbelief when it happened. I thought maybe I did something like an uppercut on accident but knew that couldn't be it since I didn't hit a button. IronFist later confirmed that this was possible as an El Furte used the same tactic on him that same night...at a different location."
Most character's backdash animation are considered aerial so anyone with an air grab can grab them when they're on the backdash animation.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I worked on a couple template designs for my TE today. Would really appreciate some feedback as to which one you like better, as I'm having a really hard time deciding which one to print :lol I'll probably end up printing both of them.

4gne3p.jpg

2mfayh3.jpg

The 1st one is a lot cleaner but has a lot of white space and seems empty to me. I like the 2nd because I really wanted those two photos in my design. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good way to space out the two photos without getting one of them butchered by the buttons. This was the best arrangement I came up with but it feels messy.

On the mock-up it doesn't look too bad. Any suggestions? I wish I could find really high-res photos but this was about the best I could do with what I had.

n4xqva.jpg

milkham

SnowWolf said:
I worked on a couple template designs for my TE today. Would really appreciate some feedback as to which one you like better, as I'm having a really hard time deciding which one to print :lol I'll probably end up printing both of them.

The 1st one is a lot cleaner but has a lot of white space and seems empty to me. I like the 2nd because I really wanted those two photos in my design. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good way to space out the two photos without getting one of them butchered by the buttons. This was the best arrangement I came up with but it feels messy.

On the mock-up it doesn't look too bad. Any suggestions? I wish I could find really high-res photos but this was about the best I could do with what I had.

i like the second one, you could use a gradient mask to make her fade away into the white so she's not cut off like that. i like TY

jabipun

Sagat isn't overpowered. Nor does he need to be nerfed.

Stop complaining and adjust.

If anything, they need to improve him and fix his Ultra that glitches in the corner.

obvious sarcasm aside, I am against the notion of nerfing anyone - they should simply improve characters with clear disadvantages.

Top Bottom