• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Won

See, even scrubs who do random wake-up ultras win tourneys with Sagat. NERF!

Well played from both. Expected something way more boring.

ScOULaris

Sweet Jesus what a pulse-pounding series of matches towards the end there. I was sad to see Daigo get knocked down to 3rd, but Uryo's Viper was probably the best I have seen yet.

Yeah, Mago won. He's a great player for sure, but anytime tournament finals come down to a Sagat player vs a C. Viper player, I am always gonna root for the latter.

But Congrats to Mago, and if GodsGarden was any indication as to the level of SF4 play we will see at SBO, then I can't friggin' wait!

Here's hoping that they slightly Nerf Sagat in the next iteration.

taku

Oh man, I am getting slaughtered on XBL right now. I so suck at this game, I actually got it at launch but quickly came to terms with my inability to become even remotely better. But, I recently picked it up again in hope of starting anew..

I'm in Europe (Sweden) if anyone wants to teach a scrub (300BP :lol ) a lesson. GT: andresteen

Rice-Eater said:
I feel like I should work on a 2nd character though, people will get bored of me playing the same guy over and over and not want to play again. Even I have to admit that I'd like to change it up although Ryu will always be my main. Too bad Cable isn't in the game, I wouldn't mind picking him. It'd make the Sagat matches so much easier :lol
There's nothing wrong with sticking to one character:

sfivcharstatsjune244.png

This was taken in late June (along with this one), right before my 360 got a Red Ring of Death.

That said: finally received a working unit again, so I might be sending a few game invites again to get back into shape.

abombb

Banned
MicVlaD said:
There's nothing wrong with sticking to one character:

sfivcharstatsjune244.png

This was taken in late June (along with this one), right before my 360 got a Red Ring of Death.

That said: finally received a working unit again, so I might be sending a few game invites again to get back into shape.
Dan is second, awesome!:D

Zeliard

ScOULaris said:
Sweet Jesus what a pulse-pounding series of matches towards the end there. I was sad to see Daigo get knocked down to 3rd, but Uryo's Viper was probably the best I have seen yet.

Yeah, Mago won. He's a great player for sure, but anytime tournament finals come down to a Sagat player vs a C. Viper player, I am always gonna root for the latter.

But Congrats to Mago, and if GodsGarden was any indication as to the level of SF4 play we will see at SBO, then I can't friggin' wait!

Here's hoping that they slightly Nerf Sagat in the next iteration.

What is it mostly about Sagat that people consider overpowered? Combination of things?

Zeliard said:
What is it mostly about Sagat that people consider overpowered? Combination of things?
yeah, combination of things
great health, great damage, great ultra setups and trades, good projectile recovery, etc.

"What is it mostly about Sagat that people consider overpowered? Combination of things?"

He's just really good. People grossly exaggerate it, though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
His only one downside is his speed.. The guy is a tortoise.. but yea.. he's awesome.

Yeah but he has tiger knee and f+hk kara whatever, making that not as big of a downside as it should be, and the fastest projectile/SRK.

Just when I thought Americans were coming close to the Japanese, but Mago, Uryo, Daigo, Momochi, Akimo, Nuki...holy hell these guys are truly elite.

TimeKillr

MicVlaD said:

Perfect.

I'll need you to help me with my Sim - I'm picking him up as my secondary (it's a good secondary to Abel). :)

And about Sagat -

He has the fastest fireball, 2nd in damage after Akuma's red fireball (and VERY CLOSE to it), 3rd fastest in recovery (after Guile and Seth).

His Tiger Knee is completely safe if it hits only once.

Very easy ultra setups.

High life (thus harder to stun too)

High damage overall

Incredibly efficient anti-air

Overall, he lacks serious weaknesses, like most of the rest of the cast (with maybe the exception of Ryu).

The rest of A-tier have serious weaknesses, but they're in A-tier because they have favorable matchups with most of the cast. Sagat has no bad matchups and comes on top every single time except for one or two 5-5s.

BotoxAgent said:
Just when I thought Americans were coming close to the Japanese, but Mago, Uryo, Daigo, Momochi, Akimo, Nuki...holy hell these guys are truly elite.

They might as well bring body bags because it's going to a 1...8...7 on the undercover cop!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
catchin up now.

did daigo seem.. a bit off? perhaps a little complacent after some apparently easy EVO comp?!

gibration

catfish said:
catchin up now.

did daigo seem.. a bit off? perhaps a little complacent after some apparently easy EVO comp?!
I think he was a bit tired. It was like 4 or 5AM over there when they were playing.

He looked off in the match against Mago and Uryo. He normally dominates Mago nowadays and he lost 4 consecutive rounds. And the match against Uryo he made some crucial mistakes like the wake up SRK and maybe he should have Ultra'd the whiff Ultra by Uryo instead of wasting meter on a combo that probably only did a bit more damage.

But still, we have to remember who he's up against. That was probably just Mago and Uryo making him look bad to. Those guys are world class at the game and are probably considered the best Sagat and Viper anywhere right now. I wanted Daigo to win but props to Mago for taking it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rice-Eater said:
He looked off in the match against Mago and Uryo. He normally dominates Mago nowadays and he lost 4 consecutive rounds. And the match against Uryo he made some crucial mistakes like the wake up SRK and maybe he should have Ultra'd the whiff Ultra by Uryo instead of wasting meter on a combo that probably only did a bit more damage.

But still, we have to remember who he's up against. That was probably just Mago and Uryo making him look bad to. Those guys are world class at the game and are probably considered the best Sagat and Viper anywhere right now. I wanted Daigo to win but props to Mago for taking it.
Pretty much what I thought yeah.

that viper just tricked him so bad with the wakeup SRK. He just didnt display his normal robot skill or 'oh time for a massive comeback victory' type style. nevermind and props to that evil sagat guy for winning. Would have been nice to see viper take it.

Man viper must be a hard road learning her, seems like she's got the skills to take down sagat, but ugh, a throw and a fireball and some blocked specials and she's at half bar!

Xevren

Thanks for the youtube links! The announcer is just making this so much more exciting :lol

Hopefully the Akimo fights get uploaded.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Jesus fucking Christ, I hate Chun Li. She's not even a bad matchup for Viper, but it seems like every time I fight a Chun that's halfway decent, I can't press a button or make a move without immediately getting a foot in my face.

Stantron

G1 Finals Record: 0 - 4
:(

I can't tech throw to save my life. Even if I see it coming. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong because I'm pressing the buttons, yet the tech does not come out. It's becoming really annoying.

Top Bottom