• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Momar

aka Ryder
Timedog said:
I'd easily be going if I was used to my stick. I'd play on pad but my fightpad is half-broken so I wouldn't fare much better. Let me know next time there's a tournament in the area.

Well I won't know about the next one, my internship ends the next day so I'm outta here. Just make sure to keep your xbl status checked at the door :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Relix said:
Short Tasumaki, as I fell > Light Kick > Tasumaki> Light Kick >Tatsumaki until I was fucking dizzy and I had no way out. Not even blocking helped. Another Sakura also tried to pull this on me but he messed up the timing a lot.
isn't that impossible? the startup for a l. tatsu is longer then the hitstun from a standing or crouching light kick.

or maybe i just suck, because the only moves i can repeat with a tatsu is close standing medium kick and the close heavy punches.

GamerSoul said:
"i use to use her when i started playing and i am slowly drifting back to her someone did a reset combo on me today took of 75 percent health and they performed it on me in a match and im not a scrub i got 9000gb but you do ex tatsumaki dash light punch resest then dash under them quickly and crouch strong punch ex tatsu ultra
the dash to the other side catches people off gaurd since it happens so fast it is supper good. =D "

:lol :lol

QCF Punch

Neo Member
Dang, can't watch that vid here at work but that Sak combo sounds crazy. I think a couple friends of mine that play her as an alt were trying it on me but i didn't know about it yet. Maybe their execution of it wasn't quite there yet, but once you see the setup coming it's not too bad to get away from. Keep in mind I play Bison, who has a few good options for running away.

Feenix29

If any Gaffers wanna play on 360, ill be on. Im not that good and i use a 360 pad but if you wanna practice against Ryu, hit me up.

GT - JRFeenix

Pandaman said:
isn't that impossible? the startup for a l. tatsu is longer then the hitstun from a standing or crouching light kick.

or maybe i just suck, because the only moves i can repeat with a tatsu is close standing medium kick and the close heavy punches.

"i use to use her when i started playing and i am slowly drifting back to her someone did a reset combo on me today took of 75 percent health and they performed it on me in a match and im not a scrub i got 9000gb but you do ex tatsumaki dash light punch resest then dash under them quickly and crouch strong punch ex tatsu ultra
the dash to the other side catches people off gaurd since it happens so fast it is supper good. =D "

:lol :lol

I love how GP is like your street cred in SF. And it's over 9000!! So you know he's good guys, you just know.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
HOLY SHIT I beat a Good Zangief last night!!!!

neutral J. fK >>> Lariat!!!:D
defense against the close wakeup guessing game i guess, neutral jump will avoid the SPD, and fK (does this mean roundhouse/HK?) stuffs the lariat. is that correct?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:
defense against the close wakeup guessing game i guess, neutral jump will avoid the SPD, and fK (does this mean roundhouse/HK?) stuffs the lariat. is that correct?

ya roundhouse, hits his head apparently, dunno if it works on the faster lariat

RS4-

_dementia said:

Depends on the character. If you're neutral jumping too close, you'll trade/eat the lariat. Also depends on timing for both you and Gief.

And yup, fk = roundhouse, hard kick, fierce kick

_dementia said:

It depends, if he does late lariat, it trades w/ the FK, and if he has bar that means ex GH followup into stupid 50/50. Odds are stacked against ya in that situation, I'd say to just back off and not play with fire.

FindMyFarms said:
It depends, if he does late lariat, it trades w/ the FK, and if he has bar that means ex GH followup into stupid 50/50. Odds are stacked against ya in that situation, I'd say to just back off and not play with fire.
I hate that stupid trade

against Gief players I guess I will just choose Sagat
He's just too much grief for the frenchman to handle

thank you for the advice

I made it to G1 recently, haven't been playing much but I do have a random question: is it possible to get kicked back down to G2 since you lose 5 points for every 1st round loss? I've been trying to lose to test it myself, but I just can't...jkjk. But seriously, anyone know?

~Devil Trigger~

Oh Snap, RUFUS was suppose to be Black

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_05.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_09.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_10.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_11.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_12.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_15.jpg

Jason

myDingling said:
I made it to G1 recently, haven't been playing much but I do have a random question: is it possible to get kicked back down to G2 since you lose 5 points for every 1st round loss? I've been trying to lose to test it myself, but I just can't...jkjk. But seriously, anyone know?

You stay at G1. I've gone below 15k a few times. :lol

Oh boy, racist Capcom never disappoints -_- (mainly in reference to devil trigger's 2nd and 3rd pics...the first one looks kinda badass like a redux Sean).

QCF Punch

Neo Member
I have seen some of that rufus concept art before. Though that first pic i haven't seen, however that is definitely Ken's alternate costume that the character is wearing.

I like that design though (first pic). We need more black characters in fighting games that aren't stereotypes. That's part of the reason i was so sad when they said Dudley wouldn't be in SF IV.

~Devil Trigger~

Timedog said:
Holy shit, if they put a character looking exactly like Sho' Nuff in the game it'd officially be game of the forever.
I dunno, that character design seems more apt for a Tao Feng sequel or something else Western-developed

QCF Punch said:
I like that design though (first pic). We need more black characters in fighting games that aren't stereotypes. That's part of the reason i was so sad when they said Dudley wouldn't be in SF IV.

Dude Dudley was Indian.

And if they do make a new black character I hope he's basketball themed(but not urban streetballer, more NBA like). Lucky was the closest thing we got in KoF 98 but I hate that game, so come on capcom!

I prefer the concept art of Rufus over the final. He definitely looks like a TS inspired character.

Capcom seems to have two schools of character design. Edgy/Modern and Generic. Edgy = Dante, Remy, C. Viper. Generic = Rufus, El Fuerte, Abel.

GamerSoul

Timedog said:
basketball themed? gross.

Black Jesus kick would be fucking pimp.

:lol Whatever it would be, I think they would have to do some better research. The cast is very solid in SFIV but bring in some new creative blood with new tricks, without removing the classic fighters, would be amazing.

And Sakura needs to train under Akuma next time.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
With Abel is it possible to combo: cr.FP canceled into COD FACD into cr.FP and end with the 'air grab'? If so, is it worth the extra effort to do the first cr.FP? Is it stupid to end with an EX throw due to scaling?

'cus I was trying to do that in training and I'm gonna have to practice a big deal before I get that shit down to a science and if I end up finding it useless/more hassle than it's worth I might cry.

Brobzoid said:
With Abel is it possible to combo: cr.FP canceled into COD FACD into cr.FP and end with the 'air grab'? If so, is it worth the extra effort to do the first cr.FP? Is it stupid to end with an EX throw due to scaling?

'cus I was trying to do that in training and I'm gonna have to practice a big deal before I get that shit down to a science and if I end up finding it useless/more hassle than it's worth I might cry.
okay, I just played with training mode

cr.HP xx CoD does 207 damage
cr.HP xx CoD FADC, cr.HP -> FS does 296 damage.

If you have the meter for it and no Ultra, uh do it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that CminusWarrior sent me 3 long ass messages complaining about Ryu after we played a few weeks ago. I'm assuming he had to send 3 because he used up the text limit on messages on xbl. He kept talking about how Ryu is "easy mode" and how Ken is much better cause you know you played with honor if you win with him, or something like that. It was pretty brilliant.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Timedog said:
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that CminusWarrior sent me 3 long ass messages complaining about Ryu after we played a few weeks ago. I'm assuming he had to send 3 because he used up the text limit on messages on xbl. He kept talking about how Ryu is "easy mode" and how Ken is much better cause you know you played with honor if you win with him, or something like that. It was pretty brilliant.

heh I hate on Ryu with the best of 'em but I never bitch and whine after playing someone who beat me with him. And using Ken as a counter-point? Pfft. I've hated blondie since day one when I used to be all Ryu, all the time. And how's the stick treating you? You did fine when we played--were you playing differently than using a pad?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
bob_arctor said:
heh I hate on Ryu with the best of 'em but I never bitch and whine after playing someone who beat me with him. And using Ken as a counter-point? Pfft. I've hated blondie since day one when I used to be all Ryu, all the time. And how's the stick treating you? You did fine when we played--were you playing differently than using a pad?

I think me and C were about even on matches, but I guess that really upset him. I remember earlier in the thread when the game first came out he was bragging about how there's just no competition online for him in this game.

On stick I miss so many fireballs and I can't FADC at all. Sometimes I'll accidentally jump or do an SRK when I meant to fireball. Sometimes I'll get frustrated with not being able to execute and just mash SRK's for the rest of the match. I've gotten so made before that I just take my dick out of my pants after the match and just let it flop around everywhere. My pad is in really bad shape, so my execution on that is pretty poor too, but at least I can FADC into ultra half the time, as opposed to like 10% of the time on stick.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Timedog said:
I think me and C were about even on matches, but I guess that really upset him. I remember earlier in the thread when the game first came out he was bragging about how there's just no competition online for him in this game.

On stick I miss so many fireballs and I can't FADC at all. Sometimes I'll accidentally jump or do an SRK when I meant to fireball. Sometimes I'll get frustrated with not being able to execute and just mash SRK's for the rest of the match. I've gotten so made before that I just take my dick out of my pants after the match and just let it flop around everywhere. My pad is in really bad shape, so my execution on that is pretty poor too, but at least I can FADC into ultra half the time, as opposed to like 10% of the time on stick.

Yeah, keep at it and you're never gonna go back. Luckily I made the transition way back with Tekken 2. Btw, me and the wife got into a big fight after we had played so now I'm laying low for a few days but next time I'll bring more Sak and definitely Gen.

Kccitystar

I'm trying to learn how to play as Rose and her fucking ultra pisses me off.

All I get is fucking EX Soul Throws when I go for it.

I'll be on for a while if you guys are looking for some matchups.

Also, how do you upload replays and stuff, is it just X360 only or can I do that with my PS3?

Ravager61

God, I'm starting to hate playing online. I think I keep running into people in G3 who have obviously started new PSN accounts so they can beat on new players.

Also, I'm sick of getting flame messages from people who beat me. Who the fuck beats someone they've never met and then sends them a message gloating about it?

Spiderjericho said:
I prefer the concept art of Rufus over the final. He definitely looks like a TS inspired character.

Capcom seems to have two schools of character design. Edgy/Modern and Generic. Edgy = Dante, Remy, C. Viper. Generic = Rufus, El Fuerte, Abel.

I don't think Rufus or Abel are generic. I love them both. Though I really dig the punk Rufus concept.

El Fuerte though, just looks like a weird circus clown + chef + lucha libre. No idea what they were smoking on that one.

GamerSoul

Arpharmd B said:
I don't think Rufus or Abel are generic. I love them both. Though I really dig the punk Rufus concept.

El Fuerte though, just looks like a weird circus clown + chef + lucha libre. No idea what they were smoking on that one.

I truly believe El fuerte was inspired by

nacho_jack2.jpg

Top Bottom