• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Jazzy Network said:
Gootecks is the man. Too bad he sux at SF4. Pretty good at hosting a podcast though!

Has he played in any tournaments recently? I don't remembering seeing him at any recent AI RanBats, he's apparently not playing in Warzone, and he was just a spectator at Evo?

SnowWolf said:
Has he played in any tournaments recently? I don't remembering seeing him at any recent AI RanBats, he's apparently not playing in Warzone, and he was just a spectator at Evo?

Nah he played at Evo. He got out right before the top 8 I'm pretty sure.

Oreoleo

Oh you guys and your move cancels and in-depth strats and shit. I'm happy when I pull off a Super, haven't even managed to pull off an Ultra yet (That's when you flash yellow, right?).

I just beat Seth on medium with Zangief after using like 10 continues :D

Generally speaking, what are the noob-friendliest/top-tier characters in the game?

Orellio said:
Oh you guys and your move cancels and in-depth strats and shit. I'm happy when I pull off a Super, haven't even managed to pull off an Ultra yet (That's when you flash yellow, right?).

I just beat Seth on medium with Zangief after using like 10 continues :D

Generally speaking, what are the noob-friendliest/top-tier characters in the game?
ultra is when the camera zooms in the char doing the ultras face.

Super is when lightning cmes around them.

Yellow Glow is an EX move.. stronger version of that special move sometimes with diff properties.

Oreoleo

Okay well then I DEFINITELY haven't pulled off an Ultra yet.

In Zangief's case, his ultra move is entered with 2x360 on the stick and 3 punches. Now am I retarded or something because when I try to do it he just jumps around like an idiot. How do you do the control stick bit without making him jump?

Orellio said:
Okay well then I DEFINITELY haven't pulled off an Ultra yet.

In Zangief's case, his ultra move is entered with 2x360 on the stick and 3 punches. Now am I retarded or something because when I try to do it he just jumps around like an idiot. How do you do the control stick bit without making him jump?

You can't. Unless you're in the middle of a move and doing it or down and trying to get up.

Lol Gootecks. Why didn't you pimp? :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I didnt get to see the Yeb match but Watson's Sagat getting owned like that with a Dhalsim was impressive. My match of the night thus far.

-PXG- said:
Does no one play this game anymore on PSN? I can't find ANYONE. :(

psn gaf chat for matchmaking

add me if you want in psn - FindMyFarms

won't be on my ps3 until tues though

Jazzy Network said:
Gootecks is the man. Too bad he sux at SF4. Pretty good at hosting a podcast though!

LOL thought I was the only sarcastic poster around here

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's almost 5 a.m. here - just got home from being out with friends, and I was about to go to bed and I happen to check this thread and see that there's a stream for a SFIV tournament...

So I gotta at least watch a little of it now...

Damn can't watch from iPhone, question I just got sf4 on pc. I been wondering why the timing to do ex cancels so short. I tried to do the challenge modes and one of the moves is to dragon punch to ex cancel to ultra. How do you input all that so damn fast.

Jazzy Network said:
Lol Te Stick thief in da houze.

Pretty sure gootecks went on another stick throwing spree.
and no that meme never gets old

In all seriousness that's pretty fucked up, I would be pissed. I hope he gets his stick back or gets help in getting a new one.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
So, many Blanka players. :p Hopefully, Magus can beat em down, if he is matched up against them in semi's.

Also, wtf at people stealing sticks. Having some sort of GPS tracking on your stick when it's stolen would be too funny.

JEKKI

omg I did so awful at west coast warzone, played like utter caca :(

won my first match, but that was it. My next two matches were close but I kept making mistakes and fukking up execution.

oh well, I cant be mad... I never practice and dont play much lol.

GG's tonight Lyte Edge, sorry I had to run, my friends were tired of watching :lol

But I'm 100% serious when I say that FMF and Galactic wreck me all the time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
-PXG-: Sorry about that, wireless network has been acting up lately, but I was kinda hoping it'd work for me there. Gonna run to the store later to get something working.

Man, did they not record the stream so fans could watch it later? I'm trying to catchup to WCW but only Umeshoryu vs. Pyro, Choi vs. Phil, Ed Ma vs. Kris and a few others.

LakeEarth

Jenga said:
Apparently ryu's lp SRK is hard to punish for me. Also, a Ryu spamming cr.lp somehow beats out Abel's sweep. Beats it so hard I magically teleport CLOSER to Ryu when they hit me with it.

:lol
I'm a little late on this, but the best lp SRK punish with Abel is d.mp followed by a medium CoD combo. What's great is that this opens the possibility of FADC ultra, or cancelling the first hit of the CoD into super.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ok i missed Warzone
Some post a Quick rundown on what happen.? thx

and is Ustream having problems or was this the was the LIVE stream was recorded? this shit is stop-motion.

I'm thinking of entering the South Florida Challenge. I'm probably going to get peaced out in the first round since I don't play ah the game very much.

And Devil Trigger. The stream was horrible. Can't really pin down why, as I was watching it here and there.

Spiderjericho said:
I'm thinking of entering the South Florida Challenge. I'm probably going to get peaced out in the first round since I don't play ah the game very much.
I'm probably going to attend, but I for sure won't be competing.
It seems as time goes on, the worse I get.

Jenga

Banned
LakeEarth said:
I'm a little late on this, but the best lp SRK punish with Abel is d.mp followed by a medium CoD combo. What's great is that this opens the possibility of FADC ultra, or cancelling the first hit of the CoD into super.
Thanks for that, I need to try that out into the field. I need to practice on FADC CoD though, I rely too much on other shit.

also, after playing a few real zangiefs I found out what was wrong with my zangief. I don't spam Lariat enough.

_dementia said:
I'm probably going to attend, but I for sure won't be competing.
It seems as time goes on, the worse I get.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm going to compete either. I SERIOUSLY don't play this game much. I love it but life is too hectic. I miss getting on GAFChat. And now that I mention it, I've never played Galactic. I played Find, Q (top tier), Mox, Jerky, Time and a few others.

So we could always play casuals. I'm going to be in South Florida for bout a week. I'm only probably going to be able to attend Saturday cuz my girl is going to probably do what the thread title says if I spend more than one day.

LakeEarth

Jenga said:
Thanks for that, I need to try that out into the field. I need to practice on FADC CoD though, I rely too much on other shit.

also, after playing a few real zangiefs I found out what was wrong with my zangief. I don't spam Lariat enough.
FADC for Abel is pretty important, but as I'm not 100% with it yet either, I tend to save it for "I'm in trouble" moments where I'll probably lose if I don't turn it around quick.

STG said:
http://www.ustream.tv/wcwarzone -> Archived Videos

yes, was recorded that way, painful

The only archived videos I can see is the TS footage, the Kris vs. Ed Ma, Choi vs. Filatron, etc. Not hour stretches like Evo or Devastation. And not to be a Gootecks detractor, but after Bar Fights, Devastation and Evo, he should know the secret recipe for setting up a good stream and shared it with Rog.

Top Bottom