• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ledsen said:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7426233&postcount=90

The very first blog post has her j.fp option select. Also MagnetoManiac made a tutorial on this (and many other of Chun's tricks, check his channel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyIhS8_qNcM&feature=channel_page

Awesome Chun tips, a few of them I didn't know. Sadly I haven't played SF in weeks... hmm... I should go back. It's just boring at this point with so many shotos =P
FindMyFarms said:
Good stuff. Fuck Chun-Li though.

Hate the real God Tier of SF4!!!! Bwahahaaa... Chun <3

LakeEarth

Were up to 6 moves :lol

Also Honda's neutral air fierce, but you can't be too close. I know some things beat it, but its still retarded and hits too low.

The Sabin thread is pretty awesome. I didn't know Blanka had a way to link into his ultra (1 frame but still).

LakeEarth

I hate seeing sub 15000bp players in G1. I once saw a sub 14000bp player, that's 200 straight first round losses. They're trying so hard :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth said:
I hate seeing sub 15000bp players in G1. I once saw a sub 14000bp player, that's 200 straight first round losses. They're trying so hard :lol

I once let a 14600 Akuma beat me because I felt so bad about him :lol

FindMyFarms said:
Good stuff. Fuck Chun-Li though.

You know you love her! :D

After reading Sabin's experiences and watching some of those youtube videos, those Japanese Akuma's are fuckin' scary as hell, fuck Akuma...and their crazy vortex of dooomz.

Jenga

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Yeah if someone's getting SRK happy just stop your strings and wait for a whiff then punish accordingly.
Apparently ryu's lp SRK is hard to punish for me. Also, a Ryu spamming cr.lp somehow beats out Abel's sweep. Beats it so hard I magically teleport CLOSER to Ryu when they hit me with it.

:lol

Relix said:
I once let a 14600 Akuma beat me because I felt so bad about him :lol
fuqefa.jpg

AZ Greg

vertopci said:
I fucking hate how its impossible for vega to win against even a mediocre blanka or zangief.

Blanka is a PITA, but I find Zangief to be relatively easy. As long as you don't give up the life lead and are facing a turtle Zangief. Just sit in DB and keep him away with pokes. He'll then be forced to jump or green hand. If he jumps let out the scarlet terror you were charging and if green hands try and punish on block. I'll either punish with lk Scarlet Terror to EX Scarlett terror or cr. MP to EX Barcelona Attack. Also make sure to add in some EX Barcelona Attacks when he's walking towards you from full screen. They'll usually be so caught up with closing distance that it will hit them. If he does get in on you it will become a guessing game, but its the same when Zangief faces almost anyone. At least with Vega you can try and mix up your runaway game with the PPP or KKK back flips. Of course if he's spamming lariat just block until towards the end of it and you should be able to slide on him.

Vs. Blanka you have to capitalize on his mistakes. Simply throwing or punishing with a poke won't get it done. If you block a close Blank slide then punish with lk Scarlet Terror to EX Scarlet Terror or cr. MP to EX Barcelona Attack. If you block a horizontal ball then you can punish with EX Barcelona Attack or an Ultra if you have it. Though you need reversal timing with both of those. If you block the rainbow ball then punish with df. RH to EX Barcelona Attack. You can also punish a blocked Blanka Super/Ultra with df. RH to EX Barcelona Attack.

-Mikey-

Thinking of double dipping and getting this on steam.

One thing though. Is the online nice and smooth and its just a problem with PSN or is it more of a netcode problem?

Would mainly get this again for nice online matches.

-PXG-

I'm really getting the hang of this game. "Graduated" to hard mode, using my TE stick. I'm really liking Bison. I can pull off (at least at my level) crazy shit with him.

-Mikey- said:
Thinking of double dipping and getting this on steam.

One thing though. Is the online nice and smooth and its just a problem with PSN or is it more of a netcode problem?

Would mainly get this again for nice online matches.
Online will always depend on your isp and location, all I can say is that I find the game lag free in about 4/5 matches, that's if I only play 5 bar ping people.

That odd match out of 5 is usually someone playing at a higher framerate then 60 so the game slows down the match speed to keep timing windows fare, a minor annoyance but I not bumped into many slow motion matches lately.

I've been playing 3 bar matches consistantly and those have been lag free!

...Seriously, I'm completely caught off guard of how great the PC version is. It's probably gonna be the one I play the most from now on!

Anyone watching the westcoast warzone stream today? Looks like a few suprises, combofiend uses sagat and alex valle uses Gouken

edit: yeb manhandling that flowchart ryu

Draft

I've also found lag to be a non-issue.

I've been doing lots of player matches with a bud (completely lag free) and random ranked matches (probably 90% lag free.)

Of course, I am scrub tier, so I can't comment on whether this lag is killing my frame specific timing, because I have none.

MCD

Draft said:
I've also found lag to be a non-issue.

I've been doing lots of player matches with a bud (completely lag free) and random ranked matches (probably 90% lag free.)

Of course, I am scrub tier, so I can't comment on whether this lag is killing my frame specific timing, because I have none.
There was one time where I did not have any lag in this match and after it ended he sent me a message saying that he was having a hell of a lag (PC Version.)

we tried again and it was the same so I dunno, it all depends on one's location and connection. the only thing different I noticed with PC version is that I get more bars when searching, like 2 or 3 unlike X360 where it's just one red bar most of the time though red bars mostly turn fine when the match starts.

Duxxy3

Got it for the PC last night. Finally an excuse to use my saturn usb controller. Haven't really played a street fighter since alpha on the saturn.

Draft

MCD said:
There was one time where I did not have any lag in this match and after it ended he sent me a message saying that he was having a hell of a lag (PC Version.)

we tried again and it was the same so I dunno, it all depends on one's location and connection. the only thing different I noticed with PC version is that I get more bars when searching, like 2 or 3 unlike X360 where it's just one red bar most of the time though red bars mostly turn fine when the match starts.
That did occur to me. I asked my buddy who I've been playing player matches with, and he said there was no lag on his end. Obviously, I have no clue how it was running for the ranked match guys.

Won

So what unlocker options are available on PC? Completely forgot that even colours are locked away and I'm not gonna do the time trials ever again. -.-

MCD

Draft said:
That did occur to me. I asked my buddy who I've been playing player matches with, and he said there was no lag on his end. Obviously, I have no clue how it was running for the ranked match guys.
My experience was from Championship mode, barely anyone in g3 so laggy matches are common.

in ranked I just select Japanese language, little to no lag for me there.

wish English had two options (US and UK) because from what I've seen, UK is like Japanese players for me, no lag.

Jenga

Banned
Yeah I'm seriously considering dropping Abel for Zangief. I get the impression Zangief doesn't have to put up with half the sheer fucking stupidity Abel does. LARIAT HERE I COME

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Can Steam SF4 users play people who bought the box PC version? Sounds like a stupid question, but I tried to register my box PC version on Steam and it wouldn't work.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spirit of Jazz said:
I was in shock and awe when I first saw it cut through my Abel's air to air game like a warm knife through butter.

heh Once won a match by knocking a Sagat out of the tip of his Ultra as he was trying to kill me with chip damage. Love the palm of doom.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Jenga said:
Yeah I'm seriously considering dropping Abel for Zangief. I get the impression Zangief doesn't have to put up with half the sheer fucking stupidity Abel does. LARIAT HERE I COME

No!! Don't do it! Watch some Shiro matches on youtube and be inspired!! Abel is dope.

Jenga

Banned
bob_arctor said:
No!! Don't do it! Watch some Shiro matches on youtube and be inspired!! Abel is dope.
Abel is dope. Online lag hurts his game against shotos something serious. But with Zangief? I just dominated some of the tougher shotos. I AM ZE RED CYCLONE

vertopci

AZ Greg said:
Blanka is a PITA, but I find Zangief to be relatively easy. As long as you don't give up the life lead and are facing a turtle Zangief. Just sit in DB and keep him away with pokes. He'll then be forced to jump or green hand. If he jumps let out the scarlet terror you were charging and if green hands try and punish on block. I'll either punish with lk Scarlet Terror to EX Scarlett terror or cr. MP to EX Barcelona Attack. Also make sure to add in some EX Barcelona Attacks when he's walking towards you from full screen. They'll usually be so caught up with closing distance that it will hit them. If he does get in on you it will become a guessing game, but its the same when Zangief faces almost anyone. At least with Vega you can try and mix up your runaway game with the PPP or KKK back flips. Of course if he's spamming lariat just block until towards the end of it and you should be able to slide on him.

Maybe my timing just sucks against zangief, but everytime I go to punish a blocked green hand, he just uses one of his command throws and it seems to outprioritize everything I have.

Also a bit OT, but I wish all the characters had like...double the HP so each round would last longer and feel more epic.

Jenga

Banned
After playing zangief I fought against three straight seths (never happened before) and an Akuma. Perhaps fate is telling me to return to Abel?

ArjanN

Jenga said:

That's because he's respsonsible for half of it.

Jenga said:
After playing zangief I fought against three straight seths (never happened before) and an Akuma. Perhaps fate is telling me to return to Abel?
Pretty much.

I reckon any decent player using a character with good zoning tools can give Zangief a whole lot of trouble. Provided they know the match-up, of course.

Top Bottom