• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

profit

TimeKillr said:
MicVlaD lives in Belgium, iirc. I remember because I asked him if he spoke french and he doesn't. :)
Good thing to know, I live in Belgium myself (most of us speak dutch not french), would be nice to play against him with a decent connection.

Dascu

profit said:
Good thing to know, I live in Belgium myself (most of us speak dutch not french), would be nice to play against him with a decent connection.
He might be at FACTS next month. I'm sure there's going to be an SF4 tourney. I'll certainly be there.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bdizzle said:
I think MicVlad lives in Sweden and we've played a lot online and the match is still reletively smooth. I'll be home in about 45min.

Nah he's a flemish belgian I think. I guess that doesn't mean he doesn't live in sweden though.

god my skills went to shit since the girlfriend moved in. She's great, but it's been devastating for my SFIV skills. I played this morning I just lost to chumps. also found out I can't deal with Cammys cannon drill/cannon spike rinse repeat.

EDIT: Annnd that's already been answered.

I lost to a ken this morning who got the winning FP SRK after I jumping mk into jab. He squeezed one in between the jumping mk and the jab. wtf that must have been lag.

whats your GT? I'm in Amsterdam with a 20mb/1mb connection, should get some green bars! my gt is : armedcatfish and I play bison

Garcian

My SF muscles seem to have atrophied over the last week or two - I made a good start in G1, but have been deteriorating ever since; I keep missing the simplest B&B combos (an example - jab, jab, cr. forward xx scissors -I thought I could do it in my sleep; obviously not) & am back to making elementary errors (jump in on a prepared Ryu? Eat srk, natch).

I think I'll have to take a break & play something else for a while :/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Garcian said:
My SF muscles seem to have atrophied over the last week or two - I made a good start in G1, but have been deteriorating ever since; I keep missing the simplest B&B combos (an example - jab, jab, cr. forward xx scissors -I thought I could do it in my sleep; obviously not) & am back to making elementary errors (jump in on a prepared Ryu? Eat srk, natch).

I think I'll have to take a break & play something else for a while :/

sounds like you might be me :(

except I got to ~12000 GP and now it feels like I've stalled in G2. i want to get to g1 just to get beat down harder.

Jason

Brobzoid said:
damn. that's some awesome matches. Any way to download Nico Nico videos btw?

I use Craving Explorer.

1. stick the url of the video into the address bar
2. click the 'down arrow' button
3. first option is to download the original file or you can convert it to whatever format you want

PhatSaqs

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Couldn't the Zangief lariat spam a lot of those demon flip setups? I don't know the matchup.
Demon flip throw and punch owns lariat and kick can only be lariated at the right distance.

So since my PS3 is toast and I don't plan on getting another one just yet, what's the consensus on the PC version of SF4? My PC should be able to run it decently and I need something to tide me over until I get a new system. It doesn't look like the comp is that great, but that sounds fine to me. It'd be a nice way to make myself feel good until I get a new system again.

Rektash

Rice-Eater said:
So since my PS3 is toast and I don't plan on getting another one just yet, what's the consensus on the PC version of SF4? My PC should be able to run it decently and I need something to tide me over until I get a new system. It doesn't look like the comp is that great, but that sounds fine to me. It'd be a nice way to make myself feel good until I get a new system again.

I have both versions and don t play the PC version at all. No comp, much more lag than on XBL.

profit

Dascu said:
He might be at FACTS next month. I'm sure there's going to be an SF4 tourney. I'll certainly be there.

Bah whish I could go there, but work is killing me, sooooo much working over time these past few days :(.

Catfish said:
whats your GT? I'm in Amsterdam with a 20mb/1mb connection, should get some green bars! my gt is : armedcatfish and I play bison

I think I have already added you, my GT is Leurc, dont think we've played already though.

For those that want some practice matches you can add me aswell!

Rektash

Just played a tourny against british justice (one of the best uk players). I did kinda good I think. First round he had about 1/3 HP left, second round was darn close (about 5% left). Kinda proud of my crappy balrog to stand my ground that good. Maybe because of the thousands of Ryus I have faced, because I tend to have big problems with other matchups.

EDIT: Every euro player can add me too - Gamertag is Rektash.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Jason said:
I use Craving Explorer.

1. stick the url of the video into the address bar
2. click the 'down arrow' button
3. first option is to download the original file or you can convert it to whatever format you want
cheers mate, will try it out later when I get home.

so i herd i liev in Sweedn nao

BTW Dascu: check your PM inbox.

Bleepey said:
http://supervsbattle.com/

There's gonna be a big European tournament next week in London if anyone's interested.
I really considered going there - started pondering about it a month ago - as it would've been the first major tournament I would've visited, but turns out I was too lazy to ask around (on their boards) for a place to stay 'n all that. Too late now, so maybe next year...

Said fook it and bought the PC release

After being let down by KoFXII and not being really into Blazblue, I'm gonna get back on the SF wagon :D

The PC version can't be beat for price and I have a wireless controller adapter so I will buy this.

But is the PC online as fun and crowded as 360?

I've been following Sabin's thread closely, good read. Sabin is going to own fools when he comes back to the US. I don't get some of the hate though, he seems like a super nice guy (plus, he's nice enough to take a break from grinding to answer everyone's questions).

and Nemo's secret option-selects were gold. Good shit.

Sabin wasn't getting any real hate from the SF community. Just random people that don't matter (and no one's ever met or heard of) typing stupid shit. Also japanese nerd rage, but do they really count as people :lol

Can you post Nemo's option-selects? I couldn't find them(or their translations) in the thread :(

Ledsen

FindMyFarms said:
Sabin wasn't getting any real hate from the SF community. Just random people that don't matter (and no one's ever met or heard of) typing stupid shit. Also japanese nerd rage, but do they really count as people :lol

Can you post Nemo's option-selects? I couldn't find them(or their translations) in the thread :(

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7426233&postcount=90

The very first blog post has her j.fp option select. Also MagnetoManiac made a tutorial on this (and many other of Chun's tricks, check his channel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyIhS8_qNcM&feature=channel_page

Draft

Apparently there are a trillion people playing the PC version online. I turned "accept challenges" or whatever it's called on, and I couldn't get through one arcade mode fight. I got challenged like 5 times as the first fight was loading.

Draft said:
Apparently there are a trillion people playing the PC version online. I turned "accept challenges" or whatever it's called on, and I couldn't get through one arcade mode fight. I got challenged like 5 times as the first fight was loading.
lol yup, I make ranked rooms and within 5-10 seconds someone has joined, it's great.
AgentOtaku said:
OMFG ...SFIV on PC is soooo fucking smooooooooooooth! :D :D :D
Now turn on some filters, you will never go back to the default look again.

Top Bottom