• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

qcf x2

Spiderjericho said:
I'm thinking of entering the South Florida Challenge. I'm probably going to get peaced out in the first round since I don't play ah the game very much.

What/when/where is that? I haven't played in like a month but if it's local to me I might go to watch.

atkbob

Banned
I normally play the PS3 version, but I picked up the Steam version to play here at university. Am I crazy, or is the online really fucked up? Some matches are 8x as slow as normal, and I just played a match that was 2-3x as fast as normal. I know the difference between lag and a different game speed. My opponents connections are 3-5 bars, so I don't think it's that. Is there some exploit people are using?

atkbob said:
I normally play the PS3 version, but I picked up the Steam version to play here at university. Am I crazy, or is the online really fucked up? Some matches are 8x as slow as normal, and I just played a match that was 2-3x as fast as normal. I know the difference between lag and a different game speed. My opponents connections are 3-5 bars, so I don't think it's that. Is there some exploit people are using?
Is your game playing at a solid 60fps? do you have framerate set to fixed in the PC options? if two pc's play each other with different framerates you get slowdown/speedup

atkbob

Banned
Diablohead said:
Is your game playing at a solid 60fps? do you have framerate set to fixed in the PC options? if two pc's play each other with different framerates you get slowdown/speedup
Doing the benchmark test, i have a solid 59/60 FPS.

I'm still weak from the huge pancakes, but, man, that Arturo thread on SRK is exhausting. I can't believe the level of hate he's getting on that corny Japanese message board.

And I lived in South Florida from 95 up until I joined the military in 2001. I used to go to Boomers (in Davie) and Cloverleaf mini golf (North Miami). I went to this arcade in Hialeah I want to say once, around the time of SFA3. But I've never seen much comp in South Florida (in my limited scope). I'm sure there's a scene but it's on some fight club ish.

Whereas if you go to CTF, you're going to run into good comp. I remember playing SFIV for the first time. I got my butt kicked cuz I had no clue what was going on (plus the Sanwa joystick didn't help).

If you're in the area, you should definitely check it out. Who knows, maybe you can make some local connects and find out the gathering points. Online sucks ass.

STG

Spiderjericho said:
The only archived videos I can see is the TS footage, the Kris vs. Ed Ma, Choi vs. Filatron, etc. Not hour stretches like Evo or Devastation. And not to be a Gootecks detractor, but after Bar Fights, Devastation and Evo, he should know the secret recipe for setting up a good stream and shared it with Rog.
I can see sf4 and sf3 warzone video :/

-PXG-

Hitokage said:
-PXG-: Sorry about that, wireless network has been acting up lately, but I was kinda hoping it'd work for me there. Gonna run to the store later to get something working.

It's all good bro. Anyone else want to play me on PSN? Just add me.

Hmmmm so by the end of this week I'll know whether or not I'm giong to Season's(Daigo's) Beatings in Ohio. If I go it'll be with Buktooth and 2dTony.

Jenga

Banned
For tourney goers, how bad does shit-talking get at tournies? Half of the SFIV community sounds like they want to murder each other :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Looks like Coffee got downloaded! :lol :lol
Edit: Or not lol.

Shiiiiit. Yeb baby. Great match up. Magus is solid as fuck so is Yeb.

NNNNOOOOO

I was pulling for Tatsu :(

Im thinkin of making a promo vid for Absolute Battle similar to Gooteck's for WCWZ. What do you guys think?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FindMyFarms said:
NNNNOOOOO

I was pulling for Tatsu :(

Im thinkin of making a promo vid for Absolute Battle similar to Gooteck's for WCWZ. What do you guys think?
Go for it Farms. Don't forget the hot promo chick though. ;P
Edit: Make sure to throw TE stick in some fashion during promo vid.

-PXG-

I've gotten so much better at this game, but watching this shit makes me feel like such a scrub. How in the hell do they pull out shit so fast and cancel moves? Seriously...

Top Bottom