• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Are any of these matches on YouTube yet? I haven't been able to get the stream on my itouch. Very sad to have missed Yeb badassery. :-(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damnit - totally forgot this tourney wasn't a one-day thing!

I only caught yeb's last fight again the rufus, so I missed that double-perfect - damn...

Gonna watch the archive as it looks like it's already up, but I'm not sure...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Skilotonn said:
Damnit - totally forgot this tourney wasn't a one-day thing!

I only caught yeb's last fight again the rufus, so I missed that double-perfect - damn...

Gonna watch the archive as it looks like it's already up, but I'm not sure...
link to said archives/match? It was too laggy for me to gawk effectively.

Jenga

Banned
I'm watching Blazblue and holy shit do the characters ever shutup? I don't remember any GG characters being so damn talkative

Only saw the yeb vs SIN fight... Will watch the recorded video's later.

On an unrelated note: I'm positively surprised by the performance of Street Fighter IV PC on my rig. When I've tried recording some random TF2 moments with FRAPS, the framerate would instantly drop to half of its previous rate (essentially making 'live' recording a pain), whereas Street Fighter IV is hardly influenced by it at all. Maybe one single frame - if that - is dropped with max settings, although I did opt for a slightly lower screen resolution. I know TF2's a poorly optimized game 'n all for the time being, but I didn't expect the PC version to perform this well.

That said: I wish Capcom was smart enough to handle their online mode properly for the PC platform. It's real annoying when an online match (sometimes significantly) lags because the other guy's computer can't run the settings he selected, which in turn leads to a rather finnicky framerate for both players. Even had two - three matches earlier that ran at 15 - 20 frames a second; goes without saying that these were very painful matches... Inexcusable. And what's worse is that this would've been a non-issue if Capcom had forced players to lower their settings (for online play only) until it was certain they could've achieved a specific and, more importantly, FIXED framerate.

Other than that: great port. Definitely worth the € 20 (via Steam).

Lots of diversity on Live earlier tonight... and I was on a big time hotstreak... but then all of a sudden, it became nothing but Hondas and Guiles? This is the first time I've actually turned the game off because I got bored of winning. I was like, please next player be a Sagat or Ryu lol.

MicVlaD said:
That said: I wish Capcom was smart enough to handle their online mode properly for the PC platform. It's real annoying when an online match (sometimes significantly) lags because the other guy's computer can't run the settings he selected, which in turn leads to a rather finnicky framerate for both players. Even had two - three matches earlier that ran at 15 - 20 frames a second; goes without saying that these were very painful matches... Inexcusable. And what's worse is that this would've been a non-issue if Capcom had forced players to lower their settings (for online play only) until it was certain they could've achieved a specific and, more importantly, FIXED framerate.

Other than that: great port. Definitely worth the € 20 (via Steam).

I haven't noticed the slide show framerate as of yet. But admittedly, I haven't played very much. I wish I had waited a month to get the game at the discounted price. Definitely a great port. With the card I have, I can run it at max settings with AA, etc. And since it's compatible with either PS3 or 360 peripherals, I can use a Saturn pad or whatever.

I just wish I could tell between the 360 and PC Live players. It reports all of my Live friends, and it's hard to tell who is playing on what.

I hope Capcom of USA goes to the Japanese division and tells them to optimize the netcode, as it is not conducive to anywhere else in the world except Japan or the Twilight Zone.

BTW, Yeb was clutch with Choi. Choi wasn't expecting those off the wall kicks into ultras. And the lightning hands devastated his opponents.

Top Bottom