• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AZ Greg said:
- How do you execute the quick burning kick cross-up on your opponent, when you're standing right next to them, as they wake up?

TK BK. I do a 360 motion most of the time, but you don't have to. qcb+uf+hk works just fine, you just have to make sure that you hold d for a little bit so you don't get a super jump.

AZ Greg said:
- What's the input for the rapid succession Seismic Hammers?

f,d,uf + p after the first seismo connects.

Grifter

Relix said:
Bastard :lol

Those matches were not as laggy as usual, they felt pretty good. I dropped the ball a lot of times, but most of those errors were thanks to me playing G3 on the PC version and get carried away with everything :lol

Great games, you stole a few rounds from me too with the god-forsaken Ultra. I'll have my revenge soon :lol

GGs!
I had just crawled out of bed and the first game woke me up quick! :lol

The lag's better in the morning, dunno if that's on my end but it was very playable! I was still unable to time some things but I've been thinking I should switch characters to somebody easier for online.

GGs!

Stabby McSter said:
viper isn't easy :(

But he plays this game a lot, so execution shouldn't be too big a deal. Once you get the hang of her, you'll land non stop bk shenanigans online due to lag tactics :D

Otherwise, Sagat :lol

vg260

I hate that taunting is in the game. I don't get upset about taunting, but I think when people do it they're being immature jackasses, and immediately go on my avoid list. I don't believe anything is cheap, so beat the crap out of me, and I'll take it like an adult. Just don't act like an ass.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I played MrNaps/Emphy last night -- top tekken player -- he has the best Viper I've ever played. I've played Marn, Flash Metroid, all those guys... Emphy is seriously on another level, I guess he just doesnt enter SF4 tournies for some reason.. :\

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
2&2 said:
I hate that taunting is in the game. I don't get upset about taunting, but I think when people do it they're being immature jackasses, and immediately go on my avoid list. I don't believe anything is cheap, so beat the crap out of me, and I'll take it like an adult. Just don't act like an ass.
lets write a Street Fighter's taunting Bill of Rights

You Shall taunt when:

- if you're Dan, you are free to taunt at any time in any situation
- If you're Zangief, you're not allowed to taunt at any time.
- if you get a dizzy on your foe, except if you're Viper(i mean c'mon)
- if you're winning a suppositely bad match-up >your character.
- vs turtles

haunts said:
I played MrNaps/Emphy last night -- top tekken player -- he has the best Viper I've ever played. I've played Marn, Flash Metroid, all those guys... Emphy is seriously on another level, I guess he just doesnt enter SF4 tournies for some reason.. :\

Why is that guy so good at every game :/

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Why is that guy so good at every game :/

dude I dunno man, its crazy. He plays so fast. He told me lost to Chet Chetty in T6 finals because Chet "plays too slow". I think that is his only weakness. If you watch his viper its so fast, I think if maybe I slowed it down a bit I would have had a better chance.

his decision making is really good tho. Like when to use a stun combo and when to use damage combo, things like that is what makes him so hard to beat.

ciD_Vain

2&2 said:
It sounds like you do get upset by taunting. It adds a little spice to the game. lol

haunts said:
dude I dunno man, its crazy. He plays so fast. He told me lost to Chet Chetty in T6 finals because Chet "plays too slow". I think that is his only weakness. If you watch his viper its so fast, I think if maybe I slowed it down a bit I would have had a better chance.

his decision making is really good tho. Like when to use a stun combo and when to use damage combo, things like that is what makes him so hard to beat.

Jop will beat him in Tekken :p

2&2 said:
i've had people taunt after the stupidest stuff :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Taunting is awesome.

I was playing this G1 match the other night and this Sagat was beating me pretty badly in the 3rd round. He was in the corner and I was like 3/4ths of the way across the screen with no health so I'm like "how the fuck am I gonna come back from this shit, I'm almost dead and he has almost full health." I remembered him taunting in the first round, so I stood there and taunted him in between tiger shots. Then he taunts and I'm like "fug yea!" and pop him with a seismo while he's stuck in taunt + burning kick into ultra.

Then the chip from a wakeup dp kills me :E

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Grifter said:
I had just crawled out of bed and the first game woke me up quick! :lol

The lag's better in the morning, dunno if that's on my end but it was very playable! I was still unable to time some things but I've been thinking I should switch characters to somebody easier for online.

GGs!

Haha. I honestly thought I was gonna have it easy after the two first battles, third one was wake up call, fourth one was like "oh shit he's taking this serious" and after that I tried but lost focus quite a few bit of times. The Ultra thing did get to my nerves haha.

Nikashi said:
God, Relix fucking destroyed me like 15-1 or something ridiculous like that. Was EXTREMELY frustrating because he had like 5% life left a significant number of those times ><

=P. Can't rush too much, take your time.. feel the battle.. or some shit like that. Try some footies too, you are a bit too static. Otherwise, I am sure you could take me down eventually. Just need practice =P

vg260

ciD_Vain said:
It sounds like you do get upset by taunting. It adds a little spice to the game. lol

Nah, not really actually. I just don't think it's very classy or sporting. I'm sure people do it sometimes just to mess around and be silly, but it's hard to tell intention sometimes. Kinda like internet sarcasm. Most of the time it's just someone being a poor winner/loser, and I'd prefer better sportsmanship.

2&2 said:
Nah, not really actually. I just don't think it's very classy or sporting. I'm sure people do it sometimes just to mess around and be silly, but it's hard to tell intention sometimes. Kinda like internet sarcasm. Most of the time it's just someone being a poor winner/loser, and I'd prefer better sportsmanship.

How do you feel about the character, Dan?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Imm0rt4l said:
I'm a gouken Player(on psn), I rarely see other Gouken players, I have however been messing with Fei Long lately.
i love you goukens though, i haven't gained this much GP in a single day... ever. abels are iffy, feis are okay.

K.Sabot

Pandaman said:
i love you goukens though, i haven't gained this much GP in a single day... ever. abels are iffy, feis are okay.

You gain GP on PSN?! I've only gotten one championship match in G3 since I bought the game.
Had to spend the rest of my 900 matches in my own player created matches.

imtehman

Banned
K.Sabot said:
You gain GP on PSN?! I've only gotten one championship match in G3 since I bought the game.

i don't get this, the ps3 and 360 version both sold about the same in the U.S. right?

I consistantly find games on XBL, even at 2-4 in the morning

K.Sabot

imtehman said:
i don't get this, the ps3 and 360 version both sold about the same in the U.S. right?

I consistantly find games on XBL, even at 2-4 in the morning

I switched to PSN a month back after my Xbox broke, the difference is astounding.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is how I feel about Kens.

akuma.gif

vocab

K.Sabot said:
I switched to PSN a month back after my Xbox broke, the difference is astounding.

Doesn't help that the matchmaking is god awful on all three platforms. Capcom's gonna make the same mistake again I believe. A bunch of more modes to split up the player base.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
K.Sabot said:
well, i'd hope g3 would be empty by now...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
K.Sabot said:

Quantity of comp seems higher on XBL. Quality comp seems to be about the same on both.
That's my impression from comparing the two in G1.

Caj814

FindMyFarms said:
Random, but Street Fighter Ex + Alpha has SUCH A GOOD SOUNDTRACK

Strange Sunset

Guardian of Light

Precious Heart

Rising Dragon

Stronger

The rock riffs combined with the catchy popiness of it all is a perfect combo. My fav SF soundtrack by a landslide.

The EX games overall had some great tracks.Also out of boredom earlier in the year,I did some track swaps to see how it would go.:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AANeXZNRH1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJuYMiD08cY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4oCrT1CzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2o4KOaUoQ

Dagger G vs. Hsien Chang

I love this match, the best US guile vs. arguably the best US American Akuma.

Superficially, it might look like 2 dudes just chuckin plasma, but everything single fireball in this match was thrown with a purpose in regards to spacing and footsy setups. While Hsien wins, all the matches are close, and dagger stopped him from getting into the Akuma vortex even once, how ridiculous is that?

Also, Dagger landed ultra off a FA, and also did FADC ultra, how sweet is that lol.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Dagger G vs. Hsien Chang

Superficially, it might look like 2 dudes just chuckin plasma, but everything single fireball in this match was thrown with a purpose in regards to spacing and footsy setups. While Hsien wins, all the matches are close, and dagger stopped him from getting into the Akuma vortex even once, how ridiculous is that?

Also, Dagger landed ultra off a FA, and also did FADC ultra, how sweet is that lol.

Footsie madness. Those time over loses were so damn close.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
Dagger G vs. Hsien Chang

Damn, that shit makes me want to start playing Guile.

ciD_Vain

2&2 said:
I guess I understand what you're saying then. But then again, sportsmanship is hard to come by in online gaming. That's why local multiplayer is a lot more fun for me than online multiplayer, just for the fact that you can see your buddies' (re)actions with your own eyes.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
Didn't want to say anything but these have been running really slow on my laptop. Have you tried lowering the frame rate? If you cut out every other frame or even 2/3, the difference in smoothness shouldn't even be noticeable. And it'll cut the file size in half since they're each like 4MB+ now. That's more than the standard quality versions of my combovids on u2b.

Caj814 said:
The EX games overall had some great tracks.Also out of boredom earlier in the year,I did some track swaps to see how it would go.:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AANeXZNRH1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJuYMiD08cY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4oCrT1CzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2o4KOaUoQ

...SFEX had a great soundtrack, so did Darkstalkers, Darkstalkers' Revenger, Vampire Savior, SF Alpha, Second Impact and Third Strike. Too much SFII nut hugging for the soundtrack. I wish the characters had original themes.

Anyone want to play (it doesn't matter what platform)? I just woke up from a nap and want to shake the cob webs.

Also, the SF Podcast from this week was a pretty good listen.

Top Bottom