• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi

notag
did you rike it? :)

my bad griff i had to go anyways, i'll let you do your combo exhibition on me another day. :lol

*edit* gotta defend my cousin, he's really not that bad, its just i know his playstyle inside out, and i was trolling him on voicechat the whole time (i should have changed chat to speakers, it was glorious :lol)

Timedog said:
When we gonna do GAF barfights? I am ready to do it pretty much any time Turtle is available.
I dont think anyone playing barfights records matches.. I mean I could on my TV maybe.. but I dont wanna dig stuff out... I moved last month and its all packed away.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
Not really, u left me wit some serious blue balls there >:eek:
next stream will be 1 hour of FMF love i promise

*edit* if there is a barfights going down put me down to take on Rotanibor again. I'm not losing to that damn Fei again >=(

Rotanibor

Threi said:
next stream will be 1 hour of FMF love i promise

*edit* if there is a barfights going down put me down to take on Rotanibor again. I'm not losing to that damn Fei again >=(

I hate everything about your face! You smell like poo!... Are we grudging yet?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
iPlayWinner will be streaming from Keystone II tonight around 9PM PST. I'll be there, Ricky O, MAGUS1234, John Choi, Crackfiend, etc.. This is the second session of our weakly scambats so it should be pretty good..

It'll mostly be SF4 but there might be some Tekken 6 in the mix too. I'll post the link when we are live.

DR2K

Banned
haunts said:
iPlayWinner will be streaming from Keystone II tonight around 9PM PST. I'll be there, Ricky O, MAGUS1234, John Choi, Crackfiend, etc.. This is the second session of our weakly scambats so it should be pretty good..

It'll mostly be SF4 but there might be some Tekken 6 in the mix too. I'll post the link when we are live.

Sounds like fun. I'd like to see some Tekken.

Got my ass handed to me by an awesome Gouken on XBL and I need to vent. His gt is Raunwynn.
Damn him and his psychic hadouken spam!! I couldn't do shit with my Rufus. I just couldn't get in and rush him down and when I did somehow manage to get in he would do a psychic counter that would launch me across the screen or reversal me and do his hp -> ex dp -> dp and launch me across the screen again. It was pretty fucking brutal. The situations were like this:
me across the screen = he lp and mp hadouken spams. pretty easy to get to mid range from here
me at mid range = major problems. fucking hard to get in closer from here. cant tornado in because his mp hadouken beats my tornado. cant jump because the guy is psychic and does a hp or mp fireball every time. i then started to poke with cr. hp from this range but he later started to counter these which would then launch me across the screen again. he would bait me to poke after a while. some times i would get in close, however. lucky lp fireball guess and i would tornado in. which brings me to
me at close range = i usually do a combo and knock him down but on wake up he would do something to launch me across the screen again like counter my crossup dive kick or he would ex kick dp (i forget what it's called) onto a combo or onto a grab that would result in me across the screen again

overall breakdown of this Raunwynn guy's Gouken:
rare character: 8/10
mindgame game: 10/10 (the dude was psychic. i swear it.)
combos: 9/10
reaction time: 8/10
links: 4/10
footsies: 8/10
Overall: 9.5/10 Excellent Gouken player

/rant (
more like /admiration
)

Imm0rt4l

OmnipotentO said:
Got my ass handed to me by an awesome Gouken on XBL and I need to vent. His gt is Raunwynn.
Damn him and his psychic hadouken spam!! I couldn't do shit with my Rufus. I just couldn't get in and rush him down and when I did somehow manage to get in he would do a psychic counter that would launch me across the screen or reversal me and do his hp -> ex dp -> dp and launch me across the screen again. It was pretty fucking brutal. The situations were like this:
me across the screen = he lp and mp hadouken spams. pretty easy to get to mid range from here
me at mid range = major problems. fucking hard to get in closer from here. cant tornado in because his mp hadouken beats my tornado. cant jump because the guy is psychic and does a hp or mp fireball every time. i then started to poke with cr. hp from this range but he later started to counter these which would then launch me across the screen again. he would bait me to poke after a while. some times i would get in close, however. lucky lp fireball guess and i would tornado in. which brings me to
me at close range = i usually do a combo and knock him down but on wake up he would do something to launch me across the screen again like counter my crossup dive kick or he would ex kick dp (i forget what it's called) onto a combo or onto a grab that would result in me across the screen again

overall breakdown of this Raunwynn guy's Gouken:
rare character: 8/10
mindgame game: 10/10 (the dude was psychic. i swear it.)
combos: 9/10
reaction time: 8/10
links: 4/10
footsies: 8/10
Overall: 9.5/10 Excellent Gouken player

/rant (
more like /admiration
)

maybe you'll like this fight, Guyofkillera vs justin Wong.
http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta...ngles/993-justin-rufus-vs-guyofkillera-gouken
I play with Gouken as well(I'm on psn though). Don't mind The Chris hu commentary, he keeps undermining the Gouken player calling him 'random', but really the shit is calculated. Guyofkillera is legit, and I'm sure Raunwynn does too, though I've never had the chance to play him, he seems to know his stuff on SRK. The key to beating Gouken is pressure and knowing how to keep it on him, and of course making him scared of using counter. Rufus gets in on him and it can be a wrap.

Imm0rt4l said:
maybe you'll like this fight, Guyofkillera vs justin Wong.
http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta...ngles/993-justin-rufus-vs-guyofkillera-gouken
I play with Gouken as well(I'm on psn though). Don't mind The Chris hu commentary, he keeps undermining the Gouken player calling him 'random', but really the shit is calculated. Guyofkillera is legit, and I'm sure Raunwynn does too, though I've never had the chance to play him, he seems to know his stuff on SRK. The key to beating Gouken is pressure and knowing how to keep it on him, and of course making him scared of using counter. Rufus gets in on him and it can be a wrap.
That was awesome thanks for that. I totally missed the NEC stuff from a while back. Never knew when the vids were posted.
watching that and taking notes lol. I realize my close up game needs more variety. Thats probably how he was countering me so well. Also my links aren't quite up to snuff so learning those might raise my game a lot. Especially dive kick lk -> hp xx tornado. also noticing how ex tornado is so fucking good wow.
great vid for that matchup thanks again

So I play ranked on PC cuz its just the best way to find good pings for me.. Player Matches lead to lag on PC oddly enough.

Anyways.. I fought some lame Akuma who had 2000+ less BP then me and he only lost 1bp.. He then proceeds to message me with hatemail saying I use a gimmick character and the game lagged (I perfected him 1 round). He says its all guessing games.. yet the guy doesnt use teleport once. He tells me then "I CANT USE TELEPORT THE GAME WAS 150MS AND IT LAGGED" (No idea where he saw that) and then proceeded to name call.. over 1 bp..

Amazing!

Anyways.. ran into 2 amazing PC GFWL players. I have never been rocked by an Abel so hard today.. and ran into a great Sagat player. The Abel though.. holy shit.. he was like Bustabusting me and stuff.. it was nuts.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hey Gutabo, what's your method for lp -> hhs? You do the drum method or the slide method? I've been playing Honda lately and I can't seem to do it that consistently :(

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:
Hey Gutabo, what's your method for lp -> hhs? You do the drum method or the slide method? I've been playing Honda lately and I can't seem to do it that consistently :(
For lp -> hhs I use piano method: quickly press lp(index), hp(ring), mp(middle), lp(index), hp(ring). For c.lk -> hhs and c.mk -> hhs I use slide method(hp, mp, lp, mp, hp) . I just tapped the motion A LOT and in a week I had the motion down(on practice mode), then came building up the confidence to use it in a match. I would recommend you to practice both methods, when you have the motions down try to practice dash forward into hhs using each method. Thanks for asking me BTW :D

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I play ranked on PC cuz its just the best way to find good pings for me.. Player Matches lead to lag on PC oddly enough.

Anyways.. I fought some lame Akuma who had 2000+ less BP then me and he only lost 1bp.. He then proceeds to message me with hatemail saying I use a gimmick character and the game lagged (I perfected him 1 round). He says its all guessing games.. yet the guy doesnt use teleport once. He tells me then "I CANT USE TELEPORT THE GAME WAS 150MS AND IT LAGGED" (No idea where he saw that) and then proceeded to name call.. over 1 bp..

Amazing!

Anyways.. ran into 2 amazing PC GFWL players. I have never been rocked by an Abel so hard today.. and ran into a great Sagat player. The Abel though.. holy shit.. he was like Bustabusting me and stuff.. it was nuts.
I ran into a crazy Abel player today too. Got absolutely slaughtered:lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
fuck man thats it, today was the last time I've bitten my 360 pad, the handles cracked, I'm trading this in. RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGE

ah well, I got my moneys worth from the game, 300h played and 5000 matches, gotta love that.

So is march the final date for ssf?

ArjanN

Chuck Norris said:
I ran into a crazy Abel player today too. Got absolutely slaughtered:lol

Whenever I run into a really good Abel, I start doing really random shit, because his grabs kind of depend on guessing what the other guy is going to do.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Grifter said:
matches on xbl, y'all?

grifter 181

Bastard :lol

Those matches were not as laggy as usual, they felt pretty good. I dropped the ball a lot of times, but most of those errors were thanks to me playing G3 on the PC version and get carried away with everything :lol

Great games, you stole a few rounds from me too with the god-forsaken Ultra. I'll have my revenge soon :lol

GGs!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wow, got my first ragequiter in awhile. a geif who piledrivered me on the first reset, but then fell for neutral jump heavy kick for the rest of the game...

also double perfected a guy who taunted me after a tough round, felt good man. christmas sakura might be what i need to rank up a bit on championship...

ReiGun

Well, snowed in here in good ol Baltimore. Nothing better to do but sit in training mode all day. If anyone's up for some games on 360, shoot me an invite. GT = ReiGun16

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
18° and 20 inches of snow. Yay!

Online matches. It's like certain people never learn. I can understand if they really don't care about the game. A ton of matches I've played, quite a few of them were just people taunting every chance they get. Instead of setting up a cross up or doing some FA baiting, they chose to taunt. And a majority of these taunts were turtles too. This is like the same exact stuff since the game was launched. It doesn't really help me get better if I keep running into these people.

Out of 2000 or so matches I've ever played, I must have taunted less than a dozen times. I don't see what's the big deal with them.

Playing CM for the first time in ages, it seems like the Ken festival is still in effect.

It must coincidence but I tend to run into straight matches of the same character. It's weird. Like, I'll run into Abel and then the next so and so matches are against Abels. I'd run into Bison and the next three games are against Bison. It's all different people too. Weird.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I taunt when I have a healthy lead or when the opponent is just doing stupid/'cheap' stuff. Otherwise... nah i avoid them.

Zapages

As you guys know we all play a lot of SF IV online. Currently I am playing on my old CRT, which means no lag when playing except for the connection lag of course, but its displayed ie. 480i. :(

When I connected my PS3 through dazzle onto my laptop, I notice a substantial amount of lag in the game offline/online + the connection lag on top of it. Basically I play worse connected through dazzle vs the tv because of the noticable lag. Its fine playing AC2, or any other game.

Anyway getting to the point, would you guys recommend this HDTV to have a lag free experience playing online minus the whole connection thing:

Anyway that's a different story. Anyway I am thinking of getting this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+42...67378936&skuId=9246737&st=LG 42LH40&cp=1&lp=1

LG
42 inch
1080p
120 hz
2.7 ms response time

Go for it?

h3ro

Zapages said:
As you guys know we all play a lot of SF IV online. Currently I am playing on my old CRT, which means no lag when playing except for the connection lag of course, but its displayed ie. 480i. :(

When I connected my PS3 through dazzle onto my laptop, I notice a substantial amount of lag in the game offline/online + the connection lag on top of it. Basically I play worse connected through dazzle vs the tv because of the noticable lag. Its fine playing AC2, or any other game.

Anyway getting to the point, would you guys recommend this HDTV to have a lag free experience playing online minus the whole connection thing:

Anyway that's a different story. Anyway I am thinking of getting this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+42...67378936&skuId=9246737&st=LG 42LH40&cp=1&lp=1

LG
42 inch
1080p
120 hz
2.7 ms response time

Go for it?

For that price range, I think you should go with a Panasonic Plasma. You'll get much better picture quality and you won't have to worry much about response time and refresh rates.

I'd recommend the Panasonic G10 line.

Zapages

h3ro said:
For that price range, I think you should go with a Panasonic Plasma. You'll get much better picture quality and you won't have to worry much about response time and refresh rates.

I'd recommend the Panasonic G10 line.

I wish could go with a plasma, but sun shines in the living room all around the year. Plus the whole break in period and the getting burn ins. My parents watch a lot of foreign tv with set logos from the PC connected to our CRT right now. So that's the major issue. :(

As initially I was going with TC-P42S1...

h3ro

Zapages said:
I wish could go with a plasma, but sun shines in the living room all around the year. Plus the whole break in period and the getting burn ins. My parents watch a lot of foreign tv with set logos from the PC connected to our CRT right now. So that's the major issue. :(

As initially I was going with TC-P42S1...

I know you're Desi from all the OT threads, so don't worry, my parents watch those dramas and serials in 4:3 mode all the time on my plasma, no problems here. :lol

I have a two year old model, the 700U and haven't had any issues with burn in. At most, when playing SFIV or a game with static HUD, I'll have a few moments of image retention that will resolve once the image changes for a few minutes. Break in periods, especially for the current generation of plasmas is pretty much unnecessary. Only the staunchest of videophiles swear by an extended break in period. I guess the main issue might be the sunlight. :/

Nikashi

Banned
God, Relix fucking destroyed me like 15-1 or something ridiculous like that. Was EXTREMELY frustrating because he had like 5% life left a significant number of those times ><

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Zapages said:

LG
42 inch
1080p
120 hz
2.7 ms response time

Go for it?

I've been shopping around for a new TV lately too. What I did to get an idea on how laggy a TV is was to type "site:shoryuken.com *model number of the tv*" into Google. Not every TV came back with any results of course, but there was a surprising amount that did.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kadey said:
18° and 20 inches of snow. Yay!

Online matches. It's like certain people never learn. I can understand if they really don't care about the game. A ton of matches I've played, quite a few of them were just people taunting every chance they get. Instead of setting up a cross up or doing some FA baiting, they chose to taunt. And a majority of these taunts were turtles too. This is like the same exact stuff since the game was launched. It doesn't really help me get better if I keep running into these people.

Out of 2000 or so matches I've ever played, I must have taunted less than a dozen times. I don't see what's the big deal with them.

Playing CM for the first time in ages, it seems like the Ken festival is still in effect.

It must coincidence but I tend to run into straight matches of the same character. It's weird. Like, I'll run into Abel and then the next so and so matches are against Abels. I'd run into Bison and the next three games are against Bison. It's all different people too. Weird.

I do the taunts usually if I'm up and not going to rush a turtle (most of my chars play better defense then offense). It's telling them I'm winning to win by timeout.

MY funny streak on G1 PSN is running into Fuertes over and over. It's ridiculous but for a stretch of three days I played more Fuertes then Ryus.

Now it seems to be Gief, which is less fun.

ReiGun

GGs to papertiger80. 22-2 was the final record, right? Damn you destroyed me. :lol I would have stuck around to play longer, but I needed a food break.

I'll be on again in a few hours if anyone else wants to play.

AZ Greg

Lost or any other Viper players, can you explain a couple of techniques to me.

- How do you execute the quick burning kick cross-up on your opponent, when you're standing right next to them, as they wake up?
- What's the input for the rapid succession Seismic Hammers?

Thanks!

Threi

notag
You guys are lucky bastards or don't play people beyond 1 match. I have pretty much exclusively played Shotos nonstop on XBL.

Usually what happens, they choose some obscure character that they are crap with, and when you beat them, BAM. Back to their comfort zone of Ryu/Ken/Sagat. I think they realized that Akuma has no health because I don't see many nowadays.

Top Bottom