• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi

notag
Threi said:
because of this I went to go find some SFEX combo vids for no real reason...

holy shit :lol

the Chun 100% combo with the taunt as the finisher is awesome.

Well, at least SFIV has damage scaling so it's not as ridiculous as that game. I thought the first game was cool, but it did start to get ridiculous in part two and three. And SFIV does kind of look like a new-generation SF EX. The focus attacks look like the guard breaks.

I tried playing online tonight. I couldn't find any matches really on PSN. The GAFchat was dead. I had someone message me after playing them and said, "ha, ha, ha, ha, loser."

I wrote him back and said GGs. He wrote back and said, "ha, ha, ha, ha, sorry."

I didn't feel bad though. I picked Dan. He was playing Zangief. Not making an excuse, as he won. I just don't think I'm going to message someone if I'm playing with Sagat, Ryu, Akuma or whatever and the opponent is using Gen, Dan, Rose, etc to tell them they sucked.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Dagger G vs. Hsien Chang

I love this match, the best US guile vs. arguably the best US American Akuma.

Superficially, it might look like 2 dudes just chuckin plasma, but everything single fireball in this match was thrown with a purpose in regards to spacing and footsy setups. While Hsien wins, all the matches are close, and dagger stopped him from getting into the Akuma vortex even once, how ridiculous is that?

Also, Dagger landed ultra off a FA, and also did FADC ultra, how sweet is that lol.

I remember watching that one. It was so tense in the room. I wish we recorded the commentary for that one. -_-;

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
K.Sabot said:
I'm getting really bored of fighting Ken.

I got a feeeling it's going to much worse in SSFIV.

If they buff Ken, it will be a Ken army all over again. Ken's normals and kara garbage irritate me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I've noticed that just about every single player with "SRK" in their name on the PC version is a whiny little bitch who has to cry when they lose. This Sagat player beat me 3 times earlier, so I go to eat some lunch, come back and beat him and the first thing he does is whine about lag.

Never mind the fact that he was winning with the lag earlier, NOW it's the determining factor in the game :lol

Ysiadmihi said:
I've noticed that just about every single player with "SRK" in their name on the PC version is a whiny little bitch who has to cry when they lose. This Sagat player beat me 3 times earlier, so I go to eat some lunch, come back and beat him and the first thing he does is whine about lag.

Never mind the fact that he was winning with the lag earlier, NOW it's the determining factor in the game :lol

Ya, i notice most players with srk in their tag tend to suck lol.

hikarutilmitt said:
I actually put on a custom soundtrack with this and SFEX2+ when playing SFIV because the music in 4 is boring and the music in EX is godly.

Yup thats the way to do it!

XenoRaven

hikarutilmitt said:
I actually put on a custom soundtrack with this and SFEX2+ when playing SFIV because the music in 4 is boring and the music in EX is godly.
My friend does this with SFIII music. It's amazing the difference in his play between when he's got the SFIII music on and when he's got the SFIV music on. I wish he would play with the regular music more often. I might not go like 4-20 against him all the time. >_>

DR2K

Banned
I use the SFIV character themes. They're so good, why they used those shitty stage levels over them I'll never understand.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Eh I used to hate the SF4 music but now I don't mind it so much. Replaced the Africa stage's music with Guile's and the brewery's with Cammy's and the rest I'm fine with.

imtehman

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Eh I used to hate the SF4 music but now I don't mind it so much. Replaced the Africa stage's music with Guile's and the brewery's with Cammy's and the rest I'm fine with.

i never notice the stage music.

But damn the music that plays when you're waiting for a championship match is INCREDIBLE

Ysai,

Sorry. I'm done. I'll look into if it's a heat issue but I have like four fans in my system. The only time my system crashes is when I'm playing SFIV. Well if anyone wants to play on PSN or Live, I'm game.

Also, I'm still in G3 on GFW, so there's literally no competition except the occasional one-bar.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spiderjericho said:
Ysai,

Sorry. I'm done. I'll look into if it's a heat issue but I have like four fans in my system. The only time my system crashes is when I'm playing SFIV. Well if anyone wants to play on PSN or Live, I'm game.

Also, I'm still in G3 on GFW, so there's literally no competition except the occasional one-bar.

I got through G3 by having Fight Req on and beating the arcade mode. I got to G2. Seems to be more people in here =P

Relix said:
I got through G3 by having Fight Req on and beating the arcade mode. I got to G2. Seems to be more people in here =P

Yeah, I just usually actively search for fights but I can try that the next time. Course, I can't get the game to run without it crashing. Are you playing on a desktop or lappy? What video card are you using and did you change the default graphics settings? I remember Arstal mentioning it causing the game to crash.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, I just usually actively search for fights but I can try that the next time. Course, I can't get the game to run without it crashing. Are you playing on a desktop or lappy? What video card are you using and did you change the default graphics settings? I remember Arstal mentioning it causing the game to crash.

What are your specs? Got all of your drivers updated?

Ysiadmihi said:
What are your specs? Got all of your drivers updated?

Q6600
6 GB RAM DDR2
ATI 4890
Xi-Fi Sound Card

And I just reinstalled Windows 7 after experiencing the crashing issues before, so the drivers are up to date. It's either the game or the graphic card.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you're getting a ATIKMDAG.SYS bsod, then it's the drivers. You can't really do anything about it. ATI drivers suck.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It could be the results of transferring from an Nvidia card to ATI leaving some conflicts behind, ATI drivers not installing correctly initially, updating drivers incorrectly, or some other conflict/s with another source.

It's a pretty common problem.

Kadey said:
It could be the results of transferring from an Nvidia card to ATI leaving some conflicts behind, ATI drivers not installing correctly initially, updating drivers incorrectly, or some other conflict/s with another source.

It's a pretty common problem.

Gah. I wish Nvidia came out with a new card. I'd cop that.

I did a fresh install of Win7, so no lingering Nvidia. I'll try getting the latest ATI drivers. It's frustrating.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Q6600
6 GB RAM DDR2
ATI 4890
Xi-Fi Sound Card

And I just reinstalled Windows 7 after experiencing the crashing issues before, so the drivers are up to date. It's either the game or the graphic card.

Well tbh I've never had any crashing issues or anything with SF4 and I've been playing it on both of my PCs and my laptop. Sounds like a really rare issue :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Well I got from NVIDIA to ATI and never had a SF4 crash. I just wish I could get more performance out of my HD 4870 but I gotta get a new CPU ... or so Ysiad says...

Random...

And are you guys changing your graphic settings in the game or the config.ini? I've just been doing it in the game.

And I downloaded the latest drivers for Win7. I'll try them and also check on my fans.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
And are you guys changing your graphic settings in the game or the config.ini? I've just been doing it in the game.

I've always changed them in game.

Maybe try turning everything on the absolute lowest and seeing if that stops the blue screen?

Every single gouken player i've played/seen does the same thing. Throw fireballs, throw out a dp randomly hoping the other player is looking for a fireball, jump back into corner, then while getting pressured in pokes/wake up they'll hold up in the hopes of landing a neutral jump in combo which they won't hit confirm into an ex dp.

There's a few variances in the flow chart i missed, such as parries and escape tatsus, but that covers pretty much all goukens (even Valles.)

Yeah that's right, I'm hating. Doesn't help that pad gouken just beat sanford though :lol :lol

edit - Damnit Chris Hu leave Adnan alone!!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was away from my computer but I still hear Chris screaming at the top of his lungs.

Why is he picking on that Adnan guy? "Whenever he loses the first round, he loses the match." :lol

Top Bottom