• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

sanfords up 2-0 in the 2nd set

Annnddd, sweep, called it. Only reason Shine annoyed me is because he's not very good and he beat players not by out playing them, but by them playing like idiots. If he won legit, i'd be all for him, but watching someone spam their way and get mad lucky to the finals is pretty frustrating to watch from a viewers stand point.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shine. If his GT is o shine o or something like that, dude's one of the better Goukens I've played on Live. Still surprised he made it that far in the tourney though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I missed everything in like the last hour. Seb will hook me up.

That Shine kid is still young. He's the next generation. :D I'm proud of him as a pad player.

FindMyFarms said:
sanfords up 2-0 in the 2nd set

Annnddd, sweep, called it. Only reason Shine annoyed me is because he's not very good and he beat players not by out playing them, but by them playing like idiots. If he won legit, i'd be all for him, but watching someone spam their way and get mad lucky to the finals is pretty frustrating to watch from a viewers stand point.

To be fair it was the mind games he played to make them play stupid. He still won and still played better. People like Wong or Valle wouldn't have suffered so. :p

hikarutilmitt said:
To be fair it was the mind games he played to make them play stupid. He still won and still played better. People like Wong or Valle wouldn't have suffered so. :p

What mind games?

Nah, it wasn't mind games at all. People for some reason just thought he'd stop spamming and he never did. Sanford woke up and smelled the coffee and stopped falling for the same crap. If Shine was using mind games, he would've adjusted, but obviously he was simply doing the same thing over and over.

Also crap like Lincoln doing SRK without 2 bars on a gouken with fully loaded ultra?! I mean come on, there's no mind games there, that's lincoln being an idiot.

Imm0rt4l

what was shine spamming? I will agree that some of the players weren't playing that well, jumping round house by a ken 2 times in a row to eat counter comes to mind. Shine definitely isn't the best gouken I've seen, but he was pretty effective at zoning, last thing he needs is anyone faster than him getting close to him.

Imm0rt4l said:
what was shine spamming? I will agree that some of the players weren't playing that well, jumping round house by a ken 2 times in a row to eat counter comes to mind. Shine definitely isn't the best gouken I've seen, but he was pretty effective at zoning, last thing he needs is anyone faster than him getting close to him.

Counters, fireball patterns, and pokes up close, both the ones he used and timing he used for em.

But people playing dumb against him was a bigger factor, still cant believe lincoln's decision making.

Granted, Sagat beats Gouken, but I'm sure Sanford read him like a book in the finals.

FindMyFarms said:
What mind games?

Nah, it wasn't mind games at all. People for some reason just thought he'd stop spamming and he never did. Sanford woke up and smelled the coffee and stopped falling for the same crap. If Shine was using mind games, he would've adjusted, but obviously he was simply doing the same thing over and over.

Also crap like Lincoln doing SRK without 2 bars on a gouken with fully loaded ultra?! I mean come on, there's no mind games there, that's lincoln being an idiot.

Honestly it was more their fault for that one. NEVER assume your opponent will stop spamming just because you expect them to. I think we've all faced enough Akumas and Sagats online to know this one. :lol

hikarutilmitt said:
Honestly it was more their fault for that one. NEVER assume your opponent will stop spamming just because you expect them to. I think we've all faced enough Akumas and Sagats online to know this one. :lol

Exactly, hence me saying they played liked idiots.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I remember Hu saying during NEC that he'll retiring from tourney play until SSFIV. Makes sense now. Hu would of course taken out Shine easily.

Kadey said:
I remember Hu saying during NEC that he'll retiring from tourney play until SSFIV. Makes sense now. Hu would of course taken out Shine easily.

He said he did. He said during casuals he beat Shine with Sakura.

You no scared, I no scared.

Okay, okay, I respect that.

Played some SF4 yesterday in Akihabara and didnt do so well. Played against a good Ken and a decent Honda. Also played against a few crappier players.

I would have won a few more if the rounds wouldnt have been best of 5. Anyways that Ken (Daimo, has been in some tournament I think) kicked my ass pretty good. Good combos and he didnt make many mistakes. Unfortunately Im not that solid yet and not patient enough. Playing like in Online G1 doesnt work there and they punish almost every mistake you make. I wish I could play more in that environment. It would definitely improve my game a lot.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Zapages said:
Great matches Amir0x!!! You have a great Chun Li and Abel. :)

How was my Ryu? Have I improved since last time?

lol I think you mean Armonix (That's my PSN tag)

But yeah your Ryu is definitely improved.

Anyone up for a few matches right now? PSN is Armonix, quote within 5 minutes or I'm gonna crash for the night. :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I recently had a bunch of money fall into my lap. Originally I wanted to take some of it and build a full-on MAME cab, but for the sake of actaully being able to take it with me when i move, instead I've decided to build one of these bad boys:

This is gonna be awesome.

I wish there was a Vewlix kit I could just buy, though. I'm not too experienced with woodworking so I hope I don't end up getting in over my head.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
FindMyFarms said:
But people playing dumb against him was a bigger factor, still cant believe lincoln's decision making.
Yeah, sometimes people just psych themselves out for no reason. Usually happens when they see something totally new or go up against someone from a different region. I bet everyone's gonna be gunning for that poor kid next time.

Kadey said:
I never understood that. What's the point of retiring for like four months? Dudes should just say they want to play Assassin's Creed for a month and get it overwith.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Whooooaaaa. I went back to the xbox version today after getting my new xbox. It feels way different then the PC version. Maybe cause my shitty pc monitor is 4:3?

GG's Mimic.

MIMIC

Banned
Timedog said:
Whooooaaaa. I went back to the xbox version today after getting my new xbox. It feels way different then the PC version. Maybe cause my shitty pc monitor is 4:3?

GG's Mimic.

GGs.

And :lol at the random selection picking Ryu back-to-back

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MIMIC said:
GGs.

And :lol at the random selection picking Ryu back-to-back

:lol :lol I was about to do random select a 3rd time, but it was pointless. I was bound to just get Ryu again. Also, FUUUUCK having to unlock everything again. The game should read the achievements I have on my profile and unlock shit accordingly. I don't play any of the stock characters except Ryu.

Man.. I just played a Sagat on PC who is in the top 50 in ranked. Yesterday he was schooling me pretty hard. I beat his Ryu but his Sagat was ace..

Well I ran into him again on Ranked and he won the 1st round.. I won the 2nd pretty well.. And the 3rd was going back and forth.

Well he was pretty good at avoiding my mixup game with backdashes but I countered it with late slides and late splashes.. Then at the end of the round.. I decide to Run then Stop then Ultra after knockdown.. He backdashed and I got him right at the ending frames of backdash.. It was so awesome :D :D

By the way - Someone here is KakTheInfected.. I cant remember.. But I always play you and this is my 4th time asking or something. I always forget. But I always run into you on Ranked with my El Fuerte.

Im back to uploading replays if I ever get any.. which will be doubtful..

The way I recorded my replay was with my iPhone 3GS and uploaded to YouTube.. :lol GHETTO! I bet the quality is gonna be shit.. but oh well..

Here's the link of one of my G1's on PC..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uUJD6ixg3Q
(Is still processing so quality is REALLY bad at time of me posting this)

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Timedog said:
Also, FUUUUCK having to unlock everything again. The game should read the achievements I have on my profile and unlock shit accordingly. I don't play any of the stock characters except Ryu.

For real! So nice to hack it on pc version but I'm goddamn sick of unlocking the console chars on consoles >_<

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
By the way - Someone here is KakTheInfected.. I cant remember.. But I always play you and this is my 4th time asking or something. I always forget. But I always run into you on Ranked with my El Fuerte.

That's me. You're Fuerte is so annoying :lol

By the way, have you tried using Fraps to record matches? I've been doing that and with the proper settings I can maintain 60fps and still get very good quality.

Tesseract

Banned
no school or work, yeah! loving me some winter break.

xbl gamertag: polykarbon

add me, dudes! i use: ryu, dictator, e.honda, c.viper.

V_Arnold said:
Or simply put, HE was better than THEM in those games, and that is the end of story : D

Um duh? That's why he won. And you know what? Almost anyone else could've beaten them too the way they were playing.

Top Bottom