• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

AZ Greg said:
Are you Jenova?

If so GGs. Nice Chun, your poke game with her was eating me alive. It was tough playing yours since your style is a little different from Relix's Chun and I had just played a marathon of matches with him the night before. :lol

Your Cammy was pretty solid too. Only thing I think you were missing in the match was more pressure with the TKCS as Vega can't really do anything against quick dive kicks (Fuck You Rufus!).

yes dats me :)

My Cammy is pretty weaksauce, but I am trying to her as my alt. But I need a lot of work. The lag was screwing with my execution a bit (esp with the TKCS).....it was making me raaaaaaage, lol.

Your Vega is confusing as hell, never played a Vega like that. Good stuff!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Arrgh...any one have any tips for the Dhalsim v. Rufus match-up. Anytime I get cornered and knocked down I'm fucked. I can occasionally escape with teleports or slides but thats usually only because Rufus messes up a dive kick.

henhowc said:
Arrgh...any one have any tips for the Dhalsim v. Rufus match-up. Anytime I get cornered and knocked down I'm fucked. I can occasionally escape with teleports or slides but thats usually only because Rufus messes up a dive kick.

Well, you're supposed to be fucked if you're cornered or knocked down.

Not too familiar with Dhalsims tools, but the obvious advice is all I can come up with, keep him away at all costs.

LowParry

Yeah, AZ Greg has a pretty insane Vega. Although I learn a bit from his style of how to be a bit more aggressive. After that, did a little practice, picked up a random and wow. Bitches getting owned!

Dartastic

GG's Stantron... I was playing until first to ten, and you won. Pooh. That last battle between my Ryu and your Honda though... Wow! I noticed however that I could dash forward and bait a jump from you. That's how I was even getting lucky enough to land those SRK > Ultra's. Watch that! Otherwise, GREAT matches! Some of my comebacks were INSANE. =p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
So I had no idea the SBO matches were on youtube already.

Team Umeso(HO)/Dashio(VI) vs Iyo(DH)/Shiro(AB)

Round 1 is one of the sickest comebacks I've seen.

Grand Finals Team Iyo(DH)/Shiro(AB) vs. Team Gosho(RU)/Kyabetsu(VI)

Kyabetsu makes a really nice comeback against Iyo in their first round as well.

wow its nice to see these. not to sound like a..well..you know...but I was RIGHT there next to those guys and everything went by so fast. SBO finals were over in what seemed like a blink of the eye.

Stantron

Dartastic said:
GG's Stantron... I was playing until first to ten, and you won. Pooh. That last battle between my Ryu and your Honda though... Wow! I noticed however that I could dash forward and bait a jump from you. That's how I was even getting lucky enough to land those SRK > Ultra's. Watch that! Otherwise, GREAT matches! Some of my comebacks were INSANE. =p
GGs Dartastic. Yeah, those were some fun nail bitters. :D

haunts said:
wow its nice to see these. not to sound like a..well..you know...but I was RIGHT there next to those guys and everything went by so fast. SBO finals were over in what seemed like a blink of the eye.

Man, I'm jealous *_* Wanted to go but couldn't afford it at the time :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I think that after 30 matches you have read me too well Greg =P. I'll have to come with a counter measure against the claw reach, it's my only stopping point. I'll be ready tomorrow. BWAHAHA

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Man, I'm jealous *_* Wanted to go but couldn't afford it at the time :/

Go to Japan for like 2-3 weeks -- you wont regret it.

The one match and its over deal sucks as a spectator though. I'm used to NA tournaments where you get to see heavy weight battle it out for a while. SBO ended and I was like "really? thats it!?! NOOO!"

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
71gz9s.jpg

Some of you have no life....

=P

I probably post in here more than I play the game. Probably why my Saikyo is fiyah....or not.

Merry Christmas to everyone. SFIV is like the best gift this year, as it has kept giving throughout the year and brought me enormous enjoyment.

I look at that Schaeffer video, and think, yo a few months ago, I actually went to my first tournament, and I'm 33 years old. Yeah, I'm old. I never get tired of SF. I don't have the time to completely devote myself to it or have the young, cat like reflex, but I'm a keep playing. Thank You Baby Jesus.

And Find, go to Japan. Tokyo is the awesome. I didn't play at any arcades when I was there. I was more into doing stuff like Reguni (sp), Disney, etc. My favorite city after New York.

Relix said:
71gz9s.jpg

Some of you have no life....

=P

I also don't have an ACL haha, all I've been doing over my Christmas break is lieing down and killing time.

If I go to Japan, I think the first thing I'll do is check out the red light district :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:

And Find, go to Japan. Tokyo is the awesome. I didn't play at any arcades when I was there. I was more into doing stuff like Reguni (sp), Disney, etc. My favorite city after New York.

Tokyo edges out NYC just by a bit for me. Both awesome places to visit but not sure if id realistically be able to live there. :lol

Spiderjericho said:
I look at that Schaeffer video, and think, yo a few months ago, I actually went to my first tournament, and I'm 33 years old. Yeah, I'm old. I never get tired of SF. I don't have the time to completely devote myself to it or have the young, cat like reflex, but I'm a keep playing. Thank You Baby Jesus.

Hey, as long as you enjoy the hobby and community, that's all that matters!

AZ Greg

Wow, I'm surprised I'm not in that top 10 or w/e with all my "XBL anyone" posts!

But this thread has been great.

GGs as always earlier Relix.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
Wow, I'm surprised I'm not in that top 10 or w/e with all my "XBL anyone" posts!

But this thread has been great.

GGs as always earlier Relix.

Hahaha. Yeah you've read me a bit too well, I honestly got frustrated at some points and that rarely happens with me =P. I will find a counter for the Vega claw, I think I've found one but I'll put it to test later haha.

GGs!

Relix said:
Hahaha. Yeah you've read me a bit too well, I honestly got frustrated at some points and that rarely happens with me =P. I will find a counter for the Vega claw, I think I've found one but I'll put it to test later haha.

GGs!

The counter to vega claw is hit him lol. Seriously, what's he gonna do about it!

But really though, what's he gonna do?!!?!

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
The counter to vega claw is hit him lol. Seriously, what's he gonna do about it!

But really though, what's he gonna do?!!?!

He's going to backflip and pray to god you full screen Fb him while he charges his Ultra.

AZ Greg

TurtleSnatcher said:
Vega is like one of my favorite matchups. I dont have many issues with Vega now. :( Then again.. Its Vega

Speaking of, you need to hop on XBL. I sent you a FR the other day so we could get some matches in. I don't think I've played you since you beat me in the tourney here. :(

LowParry

I need to play more against you AZ Greg. I need to just stick with two characters and that's going to be Ryu and Vega. Jumping all around like last time was a joke on myself. I don't know they hell I picked Sagat of all people. :lol

I'd be posting a lot more often if I could play with any gaffers at all. instead I'm forced to register to obscure country-specific gaming boards to look for matches online.

Pop On Arrival said:
I'd be posting a lot more often if I could play with any gaffers at all. instead I'm forced to register to obscure country-specific gaming boards to look for matches online.

Go to nursing school then come to America! It's the only way :lol :lol

Merry Everyone :D

Almost 1000 pages later and still the best SF4 thread out there. Happy holidays from your friendly neighbourhood Canada-person. Enjoy yo-selves.

BTW, I can't wait to join the XBL ranks in the new year, my stick should be here shortly after New Years. ;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looking for some vs. Gief tips for Cammy and Chun-Li. Keep getting my assed kicked by Zangief players as of late!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
FMF, my goal is to post as much in the expected SSFIV thread as much as you've posted in the SFIV thread... I tip my cap sir, merry xmas everyone!

Lyte Edge said:
Looking for some vs. Gief tips for Cammy and Chun-Li. Keep getting my assed kicked by Zangief players as of late!

Cammy:

Against Gief, I just try to constantly apply pressure. If I'm going to jump in, I only use EX Strike - it beats lariat because they try to time it for the slower, normal dive kick or a regular jump in. It lets you keep comboing from there; just don't drop it or you may be eating mashed SPD.

Also, I like to wiggle at mid-range alot, just to see him throw out pokes and walk back and forth alot. After a little bit, I'll throw out a hooligan and it catches them more often than I'd initially thought it would :lol. Hooligan tech traps are also sometimes useful against Gief, as a properly spaced one can beat lariat (and green hand too IIRC).

The rest is mixup between CSpike (beating lariat and SPD, also it goes through EX hand), TK Strike/ Quick Jump Strike ( to put some fear into wake up back dash/SPD - careful with this one, a blocked, unspaced quick jump strike means your being put on spin cycle if the Gief has decent reaction time), walkup throw/hooligan, and back dash (punish those double lariat whiffs with ultra or arrow combos). I don't find Spiral Arrow too great in this matchup except for punishing whiffed lariat; SPD is too scary. CSpike/ EX Strike/ Hooligan are your best friends.

You gotta be brave in this matchup, neither character can really approach the other risk-free.

Hope that helps. I think its probably advantage Gief just in the power/health ratio but I've been able to do pretty well in this matchup, mostly to Gief's just not doing their homework against Cammy and me being able to make some good reads on their patterns. It's not impossible anymore, probably just a little tougher than Guile for her IMO.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Killa Sasa said:
Cammy:

Against Gief, I just try to constantly apply pressure. If I'm going to jump in, I only use EX Strike - it beats lariat because they try to time it for the slower, normal dive kick or a regular jump in. It lets you keep comboing from there; just don't drop it or you may be eating mashed SPD.

Also, I like to wiggle at mid-range alot, just to see him throw out pokes and walk back and forth alot. After a little bit, I'll throw out a hooligan and it catches them more often than I'd initially thought it would :lol. Hooligan tech traps are also sometimes useful against Gief, as a properly spaced one can beat lariat (and green hand too IIRC).

The rest is mixup between CSpike (beating lariat and SPD, also it goes through EX hand), TK Strike/ Quick Jump Strike ( to put some fear into wake up back dash/SPD - careful with this one, a blocked, unspaced quick jump strike means your being put on spin cycle if the Gief has decent reaction time), walkup throw/hooligan, and back dash (punish those double lariat whiffs with ultra or arrow combos). I don't find Spiral Arrow too great in this matchup except for punishing whiffed lariat; SPD is too scary. CSpike/ EX Strike/ Hooligan are your best friends.

You gotta be brave in this matchup, neither character can really approach the other risk-free.

Hope that helps. I think its probably advantage Gief just in the power/health ratio but I've been able to do pretty well in this matchup, mostly to Gief's just not doing their homework against Cammy and me being able to make some good reads on their patterns. It's not impossible anymore, probably just a little tougher than Guile for her IMO.

Thanks for this-- I'm back on Cammy as my alt again. With Chun it's not that I can't get Gief down to nothing, but I always seem to be fucking up and letting myself get hit by a lariat or an ultra. Always feels like I'm doing a ton of work to get him down to nothing, and then he can come back and kill me in a few hits. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
I was watching some of the Championship uploads and I came across a Honda-Guile match. In the match, the Guile canceled the c.HP into a EX Flash Kick @_@. I've NEVER seen a Guile do that.

So I go into training mode, thinking "Oh wow...a new, more damaging combo. I'll try it out."

I can't do it.

What the hell?

Shouldn't it be as easy as canceling the c.MP into the flash kick? What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom