• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Shawnwhann said:
I dunno, I think CroCop is finished being a legitimate headliner. Though he an impressive victory at UFC 99, I haven't been impressed by him in the UFC so far.

The scary thing about Brock is that he's still a developing fighter. If he keeps progressing at this rate, he has the potential to be a UFC Hall of Famer when he hangs it all up. I don't think it's too early to make that prediction.
Isn't Brock kinda like a young, HUGE Couture? Raw wrasslin' and power is getting him through it right now, but once he learns to use his skills, he'll be a monster. He should learn to strike, and how to dirty box. Dirty boxing could help him wear down his opponent with his size, setting them up for those huge hamfists or for a takedown, which he is also good at. The blanket strategy is ok, so long as he can keep active with punches and knees. If he turns intoa Tim Silvia, then I'll be the first to call for him to lose. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

dem said:
What?
Jon Fitch would get destroyed at 185.

Destroyed.

Run though Franklin??? :lol :lol
Totally hypothetical. ;) That's why I say give him a couple warm-ups, and then send him to Franklin. Franklin's the division's gatekeeper. Fitch can take a punch, so maybe he'd be able to take Franklin down and finish him. I'm not saying he has a chance against Silva, but he has no chance against GSP either. Does he want to become the Rich Franklin of the 170lb division? A coulda-been who'll forever be bridesmaid now? PEACE.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pimpwerx said:
Sup Pimp? You know, someone showed up in this thread posing as you within the last 15-30 minutes. But We instantly saw through his ruse, since he forgot to end his posts with "PEACE"

Any ideas who it was?

It took UFC forever just to get a full heavyweight season of TUF, anyways. There's multiple NFL vets on the roster as it is.

Wonder how Rashad/Rampage will play out though.

Rur0ni

Crazymoogle said:
It took UFC forever just to get a full heavyweight season of TUF, anyways. There's multiple NFL vets on the roster as it is.

Wonder how Rashad/Rampage will play out though.
With Rampage knocking out Rashad with a power shot.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Subitai said:
Wow, Dana has to build up some heavyweights fast. Outside of Fedor (if he ever signs) who's gonna be worthy?
kimbo-slice.jpg

Pimpwerx

GaimeGuy said:
Sup Pimp? You know, someone showed up in this thread posing as you within the last 15-30 minutes. But We instantly saw through his ruse, since he forgot to end his posts with "PEACE"

Any ideas who it was?
LOL! The breaks between rounds are short, and I worry about 500 errors during live events like this. So I sometimes leave it off "to save time". ;) PEACE.

Oh man, the press release fighter descriptions has some comedy. One of them just says:

"beat Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match." :lol

This fucking sucks, I was hoping to see the Jon Jones prelim fight. He's a very exciting fighter. Are prelim matches viewable on UFC.com for free?

Rur0ni

It's like Bisping's body locked up :lol

Hendo really served him. Took him a good long time to get up. His chin is destroyed.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I hope you're joking. Kimbo sucks and was only promoted because EXC had nobody else.
Yeah no shit. It was regards to who Dana could promote up fast. He would conceivably be the only specimen who could compete with Lesnar. Ultimate Fighter would have to train him well of course.

Fuzzy said:
I hope you're joking. Kimbo sucks and was only promoted because EXC had nobody else.

While I'm not necessarily going to disagree with you I remember some people saying the same about Brock. ;)

Also I guess it's pretty much time to officially retire the "It's too soon. Brock doesn't deserve this" yet card. (Not aimed at you)

Kimbo will have had to make massive improvements to his ground game if that Brock fight ever happened. Kimbo was absolute garbage when he got on the ground, and you know that's where Brock is going to take it. He'd end up denting in Kimbo's face if he's anything like he was in EXC.

Norml said:
So glad he got beat.:D

While it was a great knockout I don't quite understand the hate Bisping inspires in people outside of maybe him being overpromoted relative to other fighters. But then you could say that about any TUF winner.

Stoney Mason said:
While it was a great knockout I don't quite understand the hate Bisping inspires in people outside of maybe him being overpromoted relative to other fighters. But then you could say that about any TUF winner.
I hate all TUF winners equally for this reason, with Bisping being the most hated just because he was undefeated at one point even though he had never fought anyone worth a shit.

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:

He has been the most promoted unproven TUF winner of them all though. Guy has fought nobodies and his biggest win is against somebody like Chris Leben.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I hate all TUF winners equally for this reason, with Bisping being the most hated just because he was undefeated at one point even though he had never fought anyone worth a shit.

This.

The fact he was one of the biggest shit talkers I've ever seen didn't help matters either. I thought Matt Hamill beat Bisping on points, so I didn't have any doubt that Hendo was going to push his shit in.

Indeed. He had all the swagger of a seasoned veteran without any of the experience.

Blackface

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Isn't Brock kinda like a young, HUGE Couture? Raw wrasslin' and power is getting him through it right now, but once he learns to use his skills, he'll be a monster. He should learn to strike, and how to dirty box. Dirty boxing could help him wear down his opponent with his size, setting them up for those huge hamfists or for a takedown, which he is also good at. The blanket strategy is ok, so long as he can keep active with punches and knees. If he turns intoa Tim Silvia, then I'll be the first to call for him to lose. PEACE.

Brock isn't that young for sports, he is 32 years old. Athletic ability is the first thing to go for everyone. Power isn't, but Brock uses his whole package, plus his wrestling and evolving game to win.

I honestly don't see Brock at this type of physical peak for more then another couple of years, maybe three. In the fight game, that time goes by VERY fast.

Fuzzy said:
Same reason so many hated Brock...until tonight.

I hate him anyways but that's no secret. I've always hated him and I always will. I hate poor sportsmen.

I figured that his persona would shift from somewhat-humble newcomer back to his WWE personality but I didn't realize it would come so quickly.

G-Bus

Banned
Bisbing knockout :D :D :D :D :D
karma's a bitch, eh.

As much as I wanted to see Lessner win I'm pretty disappointed with how the fight went. He really doesn't deserve the title.

Fuzzy said:
Same reason so many hated Brock...until tonight.
Brock is just an act to make money. He learned this from the pro wrestling. Bisping is just an arrogant piece of shit.

I'm not saying Brock probably isn't just a dick anyway, but he's amping it up for the money and fame.

Norml

Brock is just an act to make money. He learned this from the pro wrestling. Bisping is just an arrogant piece of shit.

I'm not saying Brock probably isn't as much of a dick in reality as he acts, but he's amping it up for the money and fame.

:lol :lol

ggnoobIGN said:
You think Lesnar is actually that big of a dick in real life? Uh, no. It's an act. It's been going on in fighting for year. Ali ring a bell?

He acted the same way (Bad attitude, frequently trying to start fights with teammates) in his short stint in football, where the theatrics wouldn't really serve him well. The dude is just a poor sportsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom