• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rur0ni said:
1247367977823.gif

DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!! He truly got knocked the FUCK out!!!!

That follow-up punch was just hatred.

dem

Rur0ni said:
Different reasons there buddy.

Sportsmanship?

seems like the same thing to me

Smashing someone when they are down and out "to shut him up"

is 100000x worse than talking trash after a fight

Slappy967

Neo Member
Rur0ni said:
Only Fedor can save us. Send him packin'.

Agreed! That was a terrible fight IMO and the post fight shenanigans were even worse. Now that we know Lorenzo will do what it takes to sign Cro Cop I think its only a matter of time before he tells Dana to STFU and brings in Fedor to dismantle the genetic experiment.

dem said:
Sportsmanship?

seems like the same thing to me

Smashing someone when they are down and out "to shut him up"

is 100000x worse than talking trash after a fight

The fight doesn't end until the referee says it ends.

WickedAngel said:
He acted the same way (Bad attitude, frequently trying to start fights with teammates) in his short stint in football, where the theatrics wouldn't really serve him well. The dude is just a poor sportsman.

While I think Brock may went a little overboard tonight, Mir was asking for it based on the amount of shit talking he was doing in all the promos leading up to the fight. Not only was Mir saying all the usual banter, but he was mocking him and essentially calling him a meathead incapable of being a legitimate MMA fighter.

I think Mir learned that you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it...

Shawnwhann said:
While I think Brock may went a little overboard tonight, Mir was asking for it based on the amount of shit talking he was doing in all the promos leading up to the fight. Not only was Mir saying all the usual banter, but he was mocking him and essentially calling him a meathead incapable of being a legitimate MMA fighter.

Shit talk before the fight is normal. The ring is where you say the last word; being a twat after that just proves that you're a true asshole.

dem said:
Please.. bisping was out.. he knew he was out. He admitted it.

Its the same as what Rampage did.

You fight until the referee stops you.

Grecco

Shawnwhann said:

Yup X100 percent. Mir talked ALOT of shit. He got demolished. To expect Brock not to rub it in is naive.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
alr1ghtstart said:
brock's an ass, but Mir talked tons of trash bf the fight

That was the really weird part. Brock was playing the heel, but Mir started playing the heel too! :lol He wasn't talking all that shit before their first fight and before his last fight.

I thought Mir would play up his comeback story and all that, but he was talking a mess of shit.

charsace

BamYouHaveAids said:
Acting like a asshole pre-fight is great it hypes and sells fighst. Acting like a dick post-fight means you're a dick.
Its called marketing. People seem to think Brock is stupid. He isn't. Its all an act to keep the ppv buys coming in. The media will talk about his post fight celebration and it will draw interest.

What henderson did was worse. He could have killed Bisping.

dem said:
Please.. bisping was out.. he knew he was out. He admitted it.

Its the same as what Rampage did.

He explained it a little better during ESPN's post game show. He said that when he was in the air he knew that he was out, but it was too late by that time. As he said "It's my job to keep going until the ref pulls me off".

SyNapSe

The crazy thing about the Hendo blast was he basically just stalked him and the only thing he was trying to do was land that patented over hand right.

I just got back from watching at a friends. Who got massacred to lose all the blood in the undercard?

I was pretty surprised Akiyama won that fight. Especially one person giving him a 30-27. I thought it was pretty close but probably would have given it to Belcher. Akiyama looked good early but kinda gassed mid-2nd round

Zeliard

Brock's attitude isn't very helpful for MMA, but he is a fucking monster and it's going to take a lot to take away his title at this point.

Brock's apologizing on ESPN for his behavior. :lol

Slappy967

Neo Member
Cerrius said:
Brock said he wants to fight Fedor

Man Brock's one liners tonight are INCREDIBLE :lol How bout you worry about Shane Carwin there tough guy and leave the grown men to handle their business.

Zeliard

Fedor is the only thing left for Brock at this point. Does anyone honestly believe Shane Carwin or the human punching bag Cain Velasquez will do anything with Brock? Cain took several shots from Kongo in his win, and Carwin took several shots from Gonzaga in his. They won't be able to do that vs Brock, who tends to knock people down with one punch. Carwin probably has the best chance, since he's huge and a good wrestler. Cain is tiny by comparison.

If he is playing heel why would he apologize? I imagine the interview would have been a great chance to build even more animosity.

Fedor or possibly Overeem are the only two I see having a chance.

Zeliard

BamYouHaveAids said:
If he is playing heel why would he apologize? I imagine the interview would have been a great chance to build even more animosity.

Fedor or possibly Overeem are the only two I see having a chance.

I don't think he was playing the heel, at least not consciously. Brock was pretty clearly pissed off. It wasn't an act. That's why he apologized.

Don't think he's too keen on the whole pre-fight trash-talking. He takes it a lot more seriously than others, including Frank Mir, evidently. He needs to lighten up and realize that certain things are a part of the game (and that includes press conferences and interviews, Brock).

BigJonsson said:
Will Hendo get a title shot since he won in such an entertaining fashion?

Almost certainly not because there is no way he would land that right on Silva and there isn't a great deal of demand for a rematch. The winner of Maia and Nate the Great probably gets Silva. Maybe Okami versus Henderson or something so they can justify not giving Okami a shot if Henderson wins.

They're discussing this on Sherdog radio right now, but does anyone think that Dana is going to think about letting go of Stephan Bonnar? He's a 500 fighter right now and really hasn't been all that relevant since that original Griffin fight.

SolidSnakex said:
They're discussing this on Sherdog radio right now, but does anyone think that Dana is going to think about letting go of Stephan Bonnar? He's a 500 fighter right now and really hasn't been all that relevant since that original Griffin fight.

Dana really should let him go but again that whole most important fight in the ufc thing ....

SolidSnakex said:

He'd probably be happy with a cut. He really belongs in strikeforce where he might have a chance in re-inventing himself especially against lesser competition.

MrOctober

Banned
It's fucking laughable that Dana White thinks this sport will be the biggest sport in the world in 10 years when he has a fucking idiot like Brock Lesnar parading a complete lack of respect around the octagon. That was the most unsportsmanlike bullshit I've ever seen. I haven't missed a UFC in 9 years and I've never hated anyone like I hate Lesnar. If you actually like Lesnar you hate this sport, that's fact. The fact that some gutter trash redneck won the genetic lottery and throws it in the face of real fighters makes me want to puke. This a sport first and foremost, this isn't a dick measuring contest you fucking scum cunt. There is no justice in this world, there is no such thing as karma. The fact that Lesnar holds the belt makes me hate everything I see. If I had any balls I would boycott any event Brock is fighting in. If bandwagon fans and complete idiots are making the UFC more money by watching this travesty of a human being than I wish I wasn't a fan.

Could you imagine if a professional baseball player ever flipped off a stadium full of people and talked shit about a sponsor not paying him? He would be seriously suspended and fined up the ass. On a related note I will forever only buy Bud Light so nice one asshole. I usually like Dana but he was giggling like a fucking school girl when he put that belt on Brock. He was all but mouthing "cha-ching" in that octagon. I'm so happy the fans booed. I feel like Joe Rogan should have refused to interview him after, I would have. If I read tomorrow that Brock was in a crippling car accident on the way home and he will never walk again or have feeling below his neck I will simultaneously laugh myself stupid and sport a raging boner that could fuck holes in concrete.

WE FUCKING NEED FEDOR NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!!

MrOctober said:
It's fucking laughable that Dana White thinks this sport will be the biggest sport in the world in 10 years when he has fucking idiots like Brock Lesnar parading a complete lack of respect around the octagon. That was the most unsportsmanlike bullshit I've ever seen. I haven't missed a UFC in 9 years and I've never hated anyone like I hate Lesnar. If you actually like Lesnar you hate this sport, that's fact. The fact that some gutter trash redneck won the genetic lottery and throws it in the face of real fighters makes me want to puke. This a sport first and foremost, this isn't a dick measuring contest you fucking scum cunt. There is no justice in this world, there is no such thing as karma. The fact that Lesnar holds the belt makes me hate everything I see. If I had any balls I would boycott any event Brock is fighting in. If bandwagon fans and complete idiots are making the UFC more money by watching this travesty of a human being than I wish I wasn't a fan.

Could you imagine if a professional baseball player ever flipped off a stadium full of people and talked shit about a sponsor not paying him? He would be seriously suspended and fined up the ass. On a related note I will forever only buy Bud Light so nice one asshole. I usually like Dana but he was giggling like a fucking school girl when he put that belt on Brock. He was all but mouthing "cha-ching" in that octagon. I'm so happy the fans booed. I feel like Joe Rogan should have refused to interview him after, I would have. If I read tomorrow that Brock was in a crippling car accident on the way home and he will never walk again or have feeling below his neck I will simultaneously laugh myself stupid and sport a raging boner that could fuck holes in concrete.

And with this bit of ranting it's time for me to go to bed. Later guys.

MrOctober said:
It's fucking laughable that Dana White thinks this sport will be the biggest sport in the world in 10 years when he has a fucking idiot like Brock Lesnar parading a complete lack of respect around the octagon. That was the most unsportsmanlike bullshit I've ever seen. I haven't missed a UFC in 9 years and I've never hated anyone like I hate Lesnar. If you actually like Lesnar you hate this sport, that's fact. The fact that some gutter trash redneck won the genetic lottery and throws it in the face of real fighters makes me want to puke. This a sport first and foremost, this isn't a dick measuring contest you fucking scum cunt. There is no justice in this world, there is no such thing as karma. The fact that Lesnar holds the belt makes me hate everything I see. If I had any balls I would boycott any event Brock is fighting in. If bandwagon fans and complete idiots are making the UFC more money by watching this travesty of a human being than I wish I wasn't a fan.

:lol:lol yea man you are a true classy fan of the sport

MrOctober said:

Uhhh...yea... :-\

Boogie

Initial (and drunken) thoughts:

GSP

He is the man at 170lbs. The UFC needs to stop with the "Matt Hughes is the most dominant welterweight of all times" shit. GSP owns all.

That being said, I was impressed with Alves' resiliency and cardio. After the first two rounds, I was expecting Alves to wilt, in comparison to Fitch. Instead, he did better than Fitch against GSP, with good cardio and attempts at pressure to the end.

That being said, GSP still dismantled him, even with a pulled groin halfway through the fight. And the only offensive Alves mounted was due to GSP getting bored with laying on top of him and punching him and trying to finish it with an armbar.

GSP owns the WW division. If you think that either Kampmann or Swick stands a snowball's chance in hell against GSP, you need to check yourself into a psychiatric ward ASAP.

The most impressive part of GSP's performance tonight to me was how picture perfect his takedown shots were. The VERY MOMENT Alves planted his feet to throw strikes, GSP was already DEEP into a takedown shot and planted Alves on his back. Absolutely flawless. That douchebag a couple of pages back who thought the fight was "boring" should just stop pretending to be a fan of MMA. Because there is no way that watching a GSP fight, even a dominating performance such as this one, should be thought of as boring.

At this point, even injured, GSP is an artist in his fights, painting a masterful performance that can be appreciated even if his opponent never had a gawdamned chance, much like Fedor.

(part II to come in a minute)

MrOctober

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
:lol:lol yea man you are a true classy fan of the sport

Alright so that is pushing it since I'm just raging right now. But really what about my point about all other professional sports? Is this not a professional sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom