• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigKaboom2 said:
Carwin/Velasquez winner will probably get the shot.

Agreed. I edited that in. But it's hard to see Velasquez really doing anything. Carwin is at least huge so he's got that going for him I guess although I think Brock would handle him too since he's a much better athlete and wrestler.

Rur0ni

thefro said:
So much for the people who thought Lesnar had no sub defense or ground and pound :lol

That was a brilliant promo... the fans are so dumb that they don't realize that boos = cheers for a pro-wrestler.
... so they should cheer? lol.

Pimpwerx

sooperkool said:
Dana White cringed at the sponsor talk. At least Mir has class
No. Dana sees Brock stealing away some WWE/TNA fans by bringing all the out-of-ring trash talk and promo potential to the otherwise respectable UFC. Now he's got a Bill Goldberg who doesn't need rigged matches to win. It's gonna be a fun ride for Brock and Dana. Hopefully Fedor stays away and keeps the dream going. :lol PEACE.

Slayer-33 said:
I think his hatred for Mir spilled over onto the fans there a bit bro :lol the boo's pushed him over the top

I'm sure Dana is going to have a lil talk with him though, to take it down a notch a lil
Are you kidding me? Dana went to the Vince McMahon school of business, he loves this shit.

GriffD17

what in the F. I left at the place I was to get to my place, I figured a half hour would work. They put the Fitch fight last?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Trax416 said:
He didn't WIN because of luck. He was lucky to be born with his genetics. He beat Mir easily with the gifts he was born with. It's a big plus for him. He also recognized he was a genetic freak early on and continued at it.

He is also a fantastic wrestler.

But his power is a very big part of why he is so dominant. Nothing wrong with that, and he actually wants to improve, when most guys with his gifts don't. So nothing but props to him. He won, and stopped Mir doing it.

Also don't buy into the most athletic big man, a number of guys out did him at the NFL combine. Quite a few actually. He did really well in the sprints though. He was also completely out done in college in wrestling (by a guy who is now a pro-bowler). Brock is defiantly a genetic freak of nature. But you can look in the NFL's direction, and mainly the combine, for guys who are true, 1 percentile freaks on earth
Everybody in the entire UFC is lucky to be born with their genetics.

Of course, genetics don't stop at physical ability. Just because other guys at the NFL combine had better numbers than he did doesn't mean they would in any way be better fighters, in the same way that what makes him a good fighter doesn't make him a better football player than the guys he had better combine stats than.

Brock was born with RIDICULOUS physical stats, but also with the mental aggressiveness, intelligence, etc. to make a damn good fighter.

painey

painey said:
my bets for tonight; sexyama, gsp and lesnar.

im_rich_bitch.jpg

Im rich, bitch!

Lesnar was unstoppable, he's too big for the UFC heavyweight division. Theres not a man in the company who can beat him.

mintylurb

Pimpwerx said:
Lesnar by huge hamfists to the face. I love his heel heat too. :D There are lots of respectful guys in the UFC. I want him to remain a bad guy. And I want him to keep beating guys and keep entertaining. This is fun shit. :D
Peace!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pimpwerx said:
Lesnar by huge hamfists to the face. I love his heel heat too. :D There are lots of respectful guys in the UFC. I want him to remain a bad guy. And I want him to keep beating guys and keep entertaining. This is fun shit. :D
WHERE IS THE "PEACE" ?

WHO ARE YOU? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH PIMPWERX?

alr1ghtstart said:
brock's an ass
It's just an act. He knows that people were going to make fun of him and disrespect him for coming from pro wrestling, and he's just running with it. He knows that as long as he keeps being a dick, people will pay to see if someone can beat him down.

The sport needs dick heels just as much as it needs classy faces. Tito Ortiz knew this too.

X26

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
No. Dana sees Brock stealing away some WWE/TNA fans by bringing all the out-of-ring trash talk and promo potential to the otherwise respectable UFC. Now he's got a Bill Goldberg who doesn't need rigged matches to win. It's gonna be a fun ride for Brock and Dana. Hopefully Fedor stays away and keeps the dream going. :lol PEACE.

Hopefully this puts a stop to Dana's attempts to try and make the UFC appear classy, with intelligent fighters etc. by going on TV shows like Dr Phil. This image is more true to form anyways.

Ikuu said:
Brock did well, but it's a joke that he's able to walk around with such a huge weight advantage. Wonder if he'll call out Fedor now :lol

Don't blame him. That's a rules thing. I agree they need a superheavyweight division but there are very few skilled super heavyweights and this only really became a major issue with Brock.

Nobody said much when Fedor fought Hong Man Choi (outside of it being a dumb bad fight)

charsace

Rur0ni said:
If he does what he did to Mir... the wet blanket strat, neutralize the hips, he'll win every time if he doesn't get knocked out. He wouldn't trade blows with Mir. I think we're looking at the Brock Lesnar strat for the rest of his days. Unless he feels he can bully an opponent with his fists.
Because blankets make someone's head basketball round and win all their fights by tko. You act like he is Arona (who I like) that plays it safe and doesn't go for the finish.

thefro

BigKaboom2 said:
Carwin/Velasquez winner will probably get the shot.

Yeah, those guys have the best shot at beating him outside of Nog since they have great wrestling and can stuff Lesnar's takedowns some if they see them coming (of course, Kongo got Veleaquez down and Gonzaga took down Carwin).

Also, Lesnar could totally beat Fedor the same way he just beat Mir... Coleman and Randleman had no trouble taking Fedor down and they were only 230 or so. You can't armbar a guy from the bottom when you in the position Brock had Mir in.

Pimpwerx

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
It's just an act. He knows that people were going to make fun of him and disrespect him for coming from pro wrestling, and he's just running with it. He knows that as long as he keeps being a dick, people will pay to see if someone can beat him down.

The sport needs dick heels just as much as it needs classy faces. Tito Ortiz knew this too.
Bingo. How any of Tito's last handful of fights promod solely on the fact that the guy is a fat-headed douche? The UFC now has a huge heel, and one that people actually like. PEACE.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
i'm sure everyone in UFC is happy that TUF is going all heavyweight this next season. I still think an envigorated Pride guy might take him out. Set up TUF 10 with Lesnar and CroCop as "coaches" and just let Lesnar refuel CroCops fire and then let 'em at each other. If he has the type of transformation from that like Hendo did, then yeah, rejuvinated CroCop could probably dominate Brock.

smurfx

get some go again
lol i'm still laughing at brocks speech. especially the bud light part. i think the ufc needs something like that as well. ufc has a lot of goody two shoes in there already. plus if people hate him enough they will buy the next ppv to see him get his ass beat. similar to people tuning in to mayweather jr ppv's hoping to see him get his ass beat.

Pimpwerx

I missed it, but is this a 185lb fight? I always thought Fitch should move up to 185lb and take on Silva. He's tough enough, and there's really no room in that WW division anymore. PEACE.

Blackface

Banned
Monroeski said:
Everybody in the entire UFC is lucky to be born with their genetics.

Of course, genetics don't stop at physical ability. Just because other guys at the NFL combine had better numbers than he did doesn't mean they would in any way be better fighters, in the same way that what makes him a good fighter doesn't make him a better football player than the guys he had better combine stats than.

Brock was born with RIDICULOUS physical stats, but also with the mental aggressiveness, intelligence, etc. to make a damn good fighter.

hence why I said...

"But his power is a very big part of why he is so dominant. Nothing wrong with that, and he actually wants to improve, when most guys with his gifts don't. So nothing but props to him. He won, and stopped Mir doing it."

Also, a lot of guys in MMA and UFC have SHIT genetics. And work their fucking asses off to compensate. Most guys can't gain weight for the life of them, which makes it hard to build muscles. Others can't get the last couple pounds of fat off without drastic measure. So they bust their ass and compensate with skill, technique, and a life of looking at gym equipment. Shit, the best fighter on Earth doesn't have freak genetics like Brock who looked like he was on roids at 14 years old.

charsace

thefro said:
Yeah, those guys have the best shot at beating him outside of Nog since they have great wrestling and can stuff Lesnar's takedowns some if they see them coming (of course, Kongo got Veleaquez down and Gonzaga took down Carwin).
I don't see any of those guys will stuff Brock.

GriffD17

wtf at this decision. The crowd isn't into it, and I am sorely pissed I decided to drive back at what should have been *this* fight

Pimpwerx

Fedor would beat Brock. He may catch some fists, may get dropped on his head, but then he's gonna land a shot and the next thing you know, his hand will be raised. That Arlovski fight was just sick. The one-shot kill always gets me. :lol PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Went to the UFC page, and noticed this is a 170lb fight. Is Dana going to give Fitch another shot at GSP? I know he put on a great show, but Fitch has no fucking chance at GSP. He has no chance at Silva, but at least he can add some credibility to that weak division. The WW division is stacked. I'd rather see Fitch move up and help build the 185lb class, while GSP runs through the fodder that lines the 170lb ranks. Hughes got to crush some cans during his reign, didn't he? PEACE.

smurfx

get some go again
right now i'm sure dana white is praying to god that josh barnett beats fedor so he can sign him away and create a mega fight with brock lesnar. since fedor doesn't want to be in the ufc then josh barnett is the next best thing if he wins. even if he loses i'm sure the ufc will want to sign him since he is a good personality that would make a good match for lesnar in the future.

Cerrius said:
I'd like to see a motivated Cro Cop against Lesnar.
I still think Crocop is better than he's acted lately, but he has no ground game. Brock would immediately charge him and take him down and it'd be over. Also remember that Crocop is a really small heavyweight.

Rur0ni

smurfx said:
right now i'm sure dana white is praying to god that josh barnett beats fedor so he can sign him away and create a mega fight with brock lesnar. since fedor doesn't want to be in the ufc then josh barnett is the next best thing if he wins. even if he loses i'm sure the ufc will want to sign him since he is a good personality that would make a good match for lesnar in the future.
Sounds like a plan to me.

edit: Hendo should have KO of the night. 100k bonus. Hot shit.

dem

Josh Barnett will be as difficult to sign as Fedor..

Josh is obsessed with being able to fight anywhere he wants... and doing pro wrestling in japan..
Dana will have none of that.

whytemyke said:
i'm sure everyone in UFC is happy that TUF is going all heavyweight this next season. I still think an envigorated Pride guy might take him out. Set up TUF 10 with Lesnar and CroCop as "coaches" and just let Lesnar refuel CroCops fire and then let 'em at each other. If he has the type of transformation from that like Hendo did, then yeah, rejuvinated CroCop could probably dominate Brock.

I dunno, I think CroCop is finished being a legitimate headliner. Though he an impressive victory at UFC 99, I haven't been impressed by him in the UFC so far.

The scary thing about Brock is that he's still a developing fighter. If he keeps progressing at this rate, he has the potential to be a UFC Hall of Famer when he hangs it all up. I don't think it's too early to make that prediction.

Does anyone know if UFC still shows undercard fights online after the TV event is over? After the last UFC I ordered, I looked online and couldn't find anything...

Pimpwerx

Forkball said:
You guys are aware the Fitch/Tiago fight is on now right?
I am. And I still think that after GSP destroys him again, that Dana should make Fitch move to 185lb. There were a couple of guys with the frames that could make the move, and Fitch has the chin. Send him up. Give him a warmup fight or two. Let him run through Franklin, and then if he passes that test, feed him to Silva. Fitch stands a better chance than Bisping, who is going to be dismantled should he ever be pitted against Anderson. PEACE.

The only thing I wonder is how that Brock fight went over to casuals. While he was dominating, I know a lot of casual people were watching this fight because this ppv really crossed over into the mainstream and I think a lot of those people may have regarded that fight as more of a prison rape than something resembling fighting they are use to.

Not a big deal of course but just a thought.

dem

Pimpwerx said:
I am. And I still think that after GSP destroys him again, that Dana should make Fitch move to 185lb. There were a couple of guys with the frames that could make the move, and Fitch has the chin. Send him up. Give him a warmup fight or two. Let him run through Franklin, and then if he passes that test, feed him to Silva. Fitch stands a better chance than Bisping, who is going to be dismantled should he ever be pitted against Anderson. PEACE.

What?
Jon Fitch would get destroyed at 185.

Destroyed.

Run though Franklin??? :lol :lol

smurfx

get some go again
dem said:
Josh Barnett will be as difficult to sign as Fedor..

Josh is obsessed with being able to fight anywhere he wants... and doing pro wrestling in japan..
Dana will have none of that.
well barnett doesn't want to fight for dream so he won't go with them. sengoku probably isn't paying much. the only other org he can sign with is strikeforce but in this case dana white would definitely outbid strikeforce. of course i'm assuming the upcoming affliction card is their last. i think he would leave pro wrestling in japan alone if he got offered enough money. plus i'm sure he wants to get back in the ufc and fight lesnar and other fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom