• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Virtua Fighter 5R Thread of TAKA ARASHIIII!!!

rvy

Banned
24yu1io.gif

Thread revival, because this is the best fighter ever and we demand a console port! NOW!

Caj814

Shikashi said:
24yu1io.gif

Thread revival, because this is the best fighter ever and we demand a console port! NOW!

Unless Sega had a dramatic change in management I still doubt it is going to come especially after trolling fans through facebook the last time we had a glimmer of hope :lol

i've bought almost every version of VF, yet as soon as i start playing, no matter how high praise has been, it seems as if everyone has already abandoned the game.

it saddens me deeply.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
lots of people online on VF5 360 version? I had bought the PS3 version when it was released and played for a while, but with no online and no friends playing it got boring rather quickly. I am moslty playing SF4 right now but wouldn't mind playing VF5 on 360 when I'm borred if there is a big enough community supporting it.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
evildede said:
lots of people online on VF5 360 version? I had bought the PS3 version when it was released and played for a while, but with no online and no friends playing it got boring rather quickly. I am moslty playing SF4 right now but wouldn't mind playing VF5 on 360 when I'm borred if there is a big enough community supporting it.

I can still find randoms to play online in virtua fighter 5. I am on a few evenings a week.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, uh, cellphone version upgrade WTF

This is the best fighting game ever. It deserves better. It also deserves A HOME PORT ALREADY COME ON SEGA WTF

So what does everyone think about the future of VF? The fighting game scene saw a resurgence but VF5 hit too soon to take advantage. From what I understand, VF5 did ok in the arcades but not nearly as well as Tekken 6. VF5 fell flat on the consoles, however. So, is VF6 in the works? How could Sega make it a success this time? My crazy guess is because VF5 did so poorly the VF will be forced to make Tekken vs VF while the Tekken team works on T7.

Xav

Really wish Sega would bring R to consoles, Virtua Fighter 5 was amazing though it didn't really hit me until I played Tekken 6.

GhaleonQ

Sega's unpredictable (well, Sonic titles excepted) these days, so who can say? *sigh* So, the year or so countdown begins today, then? Silence means we can forget it?

We should do a sort of gafchat for VF5 on 360 so we can actually get people from here to play. I don't play much online only because most of the VF players I know from VFDC are either busy with other things or are in places they can actually play in an arcade.

Takuan

God damn it, I came in here thinking a home port had actually been announced. Bastards.

Stuff like this should simply not be done.

This aggression will not stand, man.

LowParry

Takuan said:
God damn it, I came in here thinking a home port had actually been announced. Bastards.

Stuff like this should simply not be done.

This aggression will not stand, man.

I did as well. I was like "mutha fucka yeaaa....oh...".

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
robut said:
So what does everyone think about the future of VF? The fighting game scene saw a resurgence but VF5 hit too soon to take advantage. From what I understand, VF5 did ok in the arcades but not nearly as well as Tekken 6. VF5 fell flat on the consoles, however. So, is VF6 in the works? How could Sega make it a success this time? My crazy guess is because VF5 did so poorly the VF will be forced to make Tekken vs VF while the Tekken team works on T7.

It's Dead Jim.

I doubt we get VF6 arcade. VF has the same problem GG has. The game is considered so complex new players will play other games.

Only way VF will expand on its declining base (this true for Japan to) will be for it to do a SF4 and manage to keep the quality while making it more accessible.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm sort of ok if VF is dead and they never make another one AS LONG AS WE GET VF5R CONSOLE PORT WITH GOOD ONLINE PLAY.

From what I played of VF5R it's the best fighting game ever made and has ridiculous last value thanks to the random arena feature. If they never bring it home I swear I'll buy the arcade cab in 5-10 years.

Caj814

arstal said:
It's Dead Jim.

I doubt we get VF6 arcade. VF has the same problem GG has. The game is considered so complex new players will play other games.

Only way VF will expand on its declining base (this true for Japan to) will be for it to do a SF4 and manage to keep the quality while making it more accessible.

:lol

Will NEVER happen.AM2 put way too much work into fleshing out the game system over the years to do that.If anything I think the only way VF could get a shot of rejuvenation is if the Tekken vs VF cross over actually does happen.SNK was able to get a good increase in consumer interest when CvS happened so you never know.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The cellphone stuff is just to keep track of your stats in 5R. :X It's like Quest mode in VF4 Evo which told you the % of throws you escaped, or how often you hit certain attacks and so on... and it gives you advice on what to work on if you ask for it. :X

here some recent vids of me playing... I'm the Taka in every vid :X

Me vs. Eileen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3R2fju5JTA

Jacky vs. Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqY0yxwaSvQ

CO_Andy

What's so complex about VF?

From my brief playtime with VF5 it seems be just another 3D fighter you can button mash away on a casual level.

Daigoro

Bebpo said:
This is the best fighting game ever. It deserves better. It also deserves A HOME PORT ALREADY COME ON SEGA WTF

100% agree. VF has always been the best. it deserves more love than it gets.

CO_Andy said:

From my brief playtime with VF5 it seems be just another 3D fighter you can button mash away on a casual level.

Oh Andy...

Tain

By "casual level" you mean someone else who has also never played the game before, I think.

arstal said:
It's Dead Jim.

As a guy who tried to get into Tekken 6 at Japanese arcades, I can tell you that while the high level of VF is a bit more complicated, T6 is no more noob friendly than VF or GG. You still have to spend all kinds of time mastering its odd combo timing and the crowds at arcade machines won't let you last 2 minutes unless you can do them - I swear I played against Lili players all the time who could finish you off in just two separate hits due to the resulting juggles. But that game was still a success. Trust me, Japanese players aren't scared off by complexity. They ditched VF5 because it messed with too many things from VF4.

rvy

Banned
CO_Andy said:

vXfapecWRZ.png

Also, for God's sake, no Tekken vs Virtua Fighter. Seriously. I don't want no endless juggles crap ruining my Virtua Fighter, shut up with that shit. It's scary.

arstal said:
It's Dead Jim.

I think this is what turns people off in the USA, not Japan so much. Which is a real shame, people should not be intimidated by this game. Tekken and SF are just as crazy at high level.

I think another reason VF turns people off in the states is just the goofiness of the style. Tekken is goofy too, but it's just got a harder edge to it. When me and my best friend put it in at local gatherings, people die laughing at the intros and win animations. Those are two things Sega needs to work out if they are going to get the game as popular as Tekken. Because at it's heart, I think VF is the superior game to Tekken in just about every way.

As for the direction of VF5 turning off the Japanese, that's a real shame. I'm not a big fan of some of the new systems, but if someone would like to clarify what it is they changed that turns off the Japanese I'm very interested.

ColdSoup

Neo Member
VF5R probably won't be released to consoles. Sadly, its probably not worth the financial investment to sega.

LiveFromKyoto said:
As a guy who tried to get into Tekken 6 at Japanese arcades, I can tell you that while the high level of VF is a bit more complicated, T6 is no more noob friendly than VF or GG. You still have to spend all kinds of time mastering its odd combo timing and the crowds at arcade machines won't let you last 2 minutes unless you can do them - I swear I played against Lili players all the time who could finish you off in just two separate hits due to the resulting juggles. But that game was still a success. Trust me, Japanese players aren't scared off by complexity. They ditched VF5 because it messed with too many things from VF4.

:lol

Arpharmd B said:
I think this is what turns people off in the USA, not Japan so much. Which is a real shame, people should not be intimidated by this game. Tekken and SF are just as crazy at high level.

I think another reason VF turns people off in the states is just the goofiness of the style. Tekken is goofy too, but it's just got a harder edge to it. When me and my best friend put it in at local gatherings, people die laughing at the intros and win animations. Those are two things Sega needs to work out if they are going to get the game as popular as Tekken. Because at it's heart, I think VF is the superior game to Tekken in just about every way.

As for the direction of VF5 turning off the Japanese, that's a real shame. I'm not a big fan of some of the new systems, but if someone would like to clarify what it is they changed that turns off the Japanese I'm very interested.

At high level any fighting game can be crazy, but VF requires hardcore dedication just to be mediocre at.

rvy

Banned
Arpharmd B said:

Goofiness =/= Cheese.

Seriously, you can't compare VF and Tekken and call VF the goofy one. Kangaroos, pandas, sheep stages and damage explosions... come on...

16h3nk1.jpg

fepjl5.jpg

Badass.

juhfcy.jpg

1zmi4io.jpg

lolwut, omg wtf is this shit?

Besides, DMC, Resident Evil, MGS and so on have cheese all over them and everybody buys them, they don't even seem to care about said cheese.

but VF requires hardcore dedication just to be mediocre at.
It's true, lol.

I bought VF5 when it first dropped. I was very disappointed Sega never added online support to the PS3 game. The port itself was fantastic, but the training modes and AI weren't as good as VF4 on PS2, so I got pretty bored of it within a month. If VF5R is released, I'll consider it, as long as it's not full priced.

Tain

I don't think there's more than maybe one single poster here who could say much worthwhile when it comes to the complexity of Tekken vs the complexity of VF.

let's get the fronting outta here

Half the reason Sega is in the state is they're in is because they gave too much of a shit about us.

If they were more like...say...Nintendo they might actually have a console out today.

Actually I'm joking there's no way 1st party Sega would have survived this long.

DR2K said:
I doubt we'll be getting another Vf, until VF6. =(

At this point it might be for the best if Sega were to just draw a line under VF5 and do a VF6. There are people whinging about SSF4 being a disc release and that's supposedly going to be adding ~8 more characters and overhaul the online. If people didn't really take to VF5 in the first place they probably wouldn't go for an updated expansion.

They won't release a VF6 to consoles, until it's made for the arcade. So, I don't think we'll see VF6 on this console generation.

I can't see VF5R being that expensive to port. They'd just need to patch up the two console's VF5 and add online support for PS3. The big cost would be publishing, physically making all the games to distribute.

What's VF5's estimated LTD ?

Tain said:
I don't think there's more than maybe one single poster here who could say much worthwhile when it comes to the complexity of Tekken vs the complexity of VF.

let's get the fronting outta here

Um, well Tekken has 4 attack buttons and VF only has 3. Honestly it's just 2 since one is block which you can do in Tekken by hitting back. Anyone can tell Tekken is twice as advanced:D

mr stroke

Death Dealer said:
They won't release a VF6 to consoles, until it's made for the arcade. So, I don't think we'll see VF6 on this console generation.

I can't see VF5R being that expensive to port. They'd just need to patch up the two console's VF5 and add online support for PS3. The big cost would be publishing, physically making all the games to distribute.

What's VF5's estimated LTD ?

Why even port it?
why not just make it a DL only game @19.99-29.99?

Top Bottom