• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Virtua Fighter 5R Thread of TAKA ARASHIIII!!!

rvy

Banned
AAK said:
Quit acting like VF doesn't have juggles either.
Yes, yes, let us compare a game where one character, that happens to be a secret Boss, can juggle the crap out of you with another game where you can, basically, juggle your way through whole matches with most characters. Go no further than high level competitions, all you see is two dudes looking for the best opportunity to juggle each other.

Caj814 said:
Can't really say anything about Tekken now when VF5R has combos maybe not as long but does just as much damage on average.While most wall combos seem to absolutely RAPE your health bar :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnCh9OACl58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Drep1cICvI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHiiPoJsVQ
Who the fuck does this? :lol What happened to Sarah's player in the first video, why is she only punching low? :lol

panda21

yeah VF is objectively better than tekken, I'm not even sure why this has been brought up since its completely redundant to discuss it.

Caj814

VF5R arcade doesn't have a training mode thats why.So people ususally practice on lower level CPUs or with friends who help them setup the combo situations :lol

AAK

Shows how much you know about Tekken. 2 dudes trying to juggle the crap out of each other? It's called punishment. You whiff or pull off a move that is unsafe, you deserve the damage. And even then, the game is significantly more balanced compared to its TTT - T5 days.

And finally, damage off counter hits is MUCH more damaging than juggles.

mr stroke said:
Why even port it?
why not just make it a DL only game @19.99-29.99?

Good point.

That's what they should do, make VF5R a download only game. It appears that would solve the problem. Even if Sega doesn't make a killing, I can't see how they'd lose money going that route.

Caj814

Death Dealer said:
Good point.

That's what they should do, make VF5R a download only game. It appears that would solve the problem. Even if Sega doesn't make a killing, I can't see how they'd lose money going that route.

They won't.Not when that money can fuel the next Yakuza or critical fail/consumer success Sonic game

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AAK said:
Shows how much you know about Tekken. 2 dudes trying to juggle the crap out of each other? It's called punishment. You whiff or pull off a move that is unsafe, you deserve the damage. And even then, the game is significantly more balanced compared to its TTT - T5 days.

And finally, damage off counter hits is MUCH more damaging than juggles.

The combos in VF5R with walls seem to be more damaging then Tekken juggles.

Even Jeff's B&B in VF5 vanilla was more damaging then most tekken wall combos.

That said, VF5 has a lot more options and ways of doing things then Tekken, which seems limited to me in some aspects.

Sega has accomplished far more than Namco when it comes to fighting game console-ports yet people are claiming VF5R should go DL-only.

What a world.

Even if it's just a DL game, they still have to port it, it won't just magically show up on PSN/Live arcade.

But screw that anyways, I want a disc. Come on Sega.

redtiger

Neo Member
Shikashi said:
No, gamers don't give a shit about SEGA. If they did, they would have bought 2 million copies of each Yakuza game released in the West and 5 million copies of Virtua Fighter 5.

Gamers suck.

The true fact is that Sega sucks at marketing. Sega's name is no longer enough to sell copies in the West (not like Nintendo's). They need to understand that doing great games or signing with great studios (Platinum, Tri Ace, ...) is meaningless without communication.

Though I don't know how they could raise the hype for VF5R. There are no big bouncing boobs and most of people think of the VF serie as elitist and hardcore.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sega has accomplished far more than Namco when it comes to fighting game console-ports yet people are claiming VF5R should go DL-only.

What a world.

Sales matter. Effort doesn't. VF5 didn't sell.
People suck.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Tain said:
I don't think there's more than maybe one single poster here who could say much worthwhile when it comes to the complexity of Tekken vs the complexity of VF.

let's get the fronting outta here

:D

Too much truth here.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My problems with VF5 are:

- Load times suck. (Dunno about the PS3, but the 360 has loads every stage that take like 30-2 mins. Shitty.)
- Learning characters to be decent takes forever. :/
- Online is dead, unless you want your ass kicked by pros that can guard break on a dime and then combo you to death.

I mean, it's not a bad game. But I rather just stick with MvC2, Street 2, Street 4, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, et. al. over VF5.

TheSeks said:
My problems with VF5 are:

- Load times suck. (Dunno about the PS3, but the 360 has loads every stage that take like 30-2 mins. Shitty.)
You are either making this up, or something is wrong with your Xbox.

- Learning characters to be decent takes forever. :/
How is this a bad thing? Every character has enough depth to allow a player to tackle any situation. That's one of the best things about Virtua Fighter.

- Online is dead, unless you want your ass kicked by pros that can guard break on a dime and then combo you to death.
There is no such thing as guard breaking on a dime in Virtua Fighter.

I mean, it's not a bad game. But I rather just stick with MvC2, Street 2, Street 4, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, et. al. over VF5.
k

rvy

Banned
U K Narayan said:
Wait for Virtua Fighter 5: Final Tuned. If Sega ever does another VF console release, I expect it'll be something among those lines.
Why? They never released Final Tuned on PS2, but released Evolution instead. Why would it be different this time?

Shikashi said:
Why? They never released Final Tuned on PS2, but released Evolution instead. Why would it be different this time?
I remember hearing awhile back that Sega actually planned on releasing Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned on the Xbox and/or PlayStation 2, but never got around to it because of Evolution. I can't remember the details. Like I said, it was awhile back.

rvy

Banned
U K Narayan said:
I remember hearing awhile back that Sega actually planned on releasing Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned on the Xbox and/or PlayStation 2, but never got around to it because of Evolution. I can't remember the details. Like I said, it was awhile back.
That would have been awesome : (.

Also, fuck yeah, 2nd dan!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Bay Area Cup 3 on 3 tournament is live and streaming now!

Go here to register for free: http://vf5r.no-ip.org/eng.php
Then you can watch some glorious 5R action :D

The stream started 2 hours ago but it'll go on for another 5 hours!

PepsimanVsJoe said:

What a world.

I love both VF and Tekken, but is doesn't matter what Sega has accomplished if the games aren't selling. I would buy a full priced, disc version in a heartbeat for $60 and no one one this board wants it more than I do, but I feel that I am in the minority unfortunately. DL-only could actually be beneficial for VF5R.

Top Bottom