• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

Velinos

There's absolutely nothing about it that's interesting. I know this was because of the licensing with Sony or something, but they could've saved their time. Shit, I would've taken Sharkey's Shootout over this.

Oh well, hopefully they do a good job with TAF. I liked Starship Troopers the movie, but yeah the table is pretty much "meh". I am kinda liking Junkyard, the free table this month.

Shaneus

So I've come up with a new idea to solve the space issue at home and not having enough room for a third machine. Buy a Pin2K (RfM) and get it moved right into my girlfriend's place. She has a spare room and what I'd say is enough physical room in there for it, so win-win :D

(She also said it's okay!!)

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
mod on PAF posted this .figure its worth the crosspost.

Jeff Strong quote:

I got this info from Bobby today:

"DX11 is running and we hope to have the graphics up to the level of the Xbox One version in time for the Addams Family release."

think AF is next months release..damn exciting news!

Shaneus

mod on PAF posted this .figure its worth the crosspost.

Jeff Strong quote:

I got this info from Bobby today:

"DX11 is running and we hope to have the graphics up to the level of the Xbox One version in time for the Addams Family release."

think AF is next months release..damn exciting news!
OH SWEET JESUS PRAISE THE LORD.

Not like it hasn't taken over a year to do. Let's just hope they don't release TPA for another platform between now and then, otherwise there'll be another years delay.

iboeIo5EGBWnLH.jpg

I've never played an LOTR that wasn't busted to all hell so that's kind of exciting to see pop up for access in LA. I have no idea what to expect from Revenge from Mars...what a strange cab.

iboeIo5EGBWnLH.jpg

I've never played an LOTR that wasn't busted to all hell so that's kind of exciting to see pop up for access in LA. I have no idea what to expect from Revenge from Mars...what a strange cab.

I really like RFM. It's basically taking all the modes and style from AFM but compacts it into that small cabinet. I thought the phantom Menace pin in that style was ok too. I would have liked to see a few more like it.

I think I'm just lucky because the Lords I play are all in good shape and work well.

That Monster Bash cabinet looks great.

I'm going to head up to Lyon's pinball after work. I need to practice to State next week. I'll snap some pics while I'm there. So many amazing games.

kramer

No one playing Timeshock?

I bloody love it on iPad. Up there with my fave Williams pins on TPA and the graphics/physics are great.

Looking forward to some more view options and spit n polish.

Shaneus

iboeIo5EGBWnLH.jpg

Let us know what you think of RfM. Thinking of buying one.

Steam version?
No idea, just saw on FB they were talking about it on iOS. Only played the demo... for some reason there's only one camera view, not sure if it's a demo thing or there's really no other views.

I really like RFM. It's basically taking all the modes and style from AFM but compacts it into that small cabinet. I thought the phantom Menace pin in that style was ok too. I would have liked to see a few more like it.
That's good (and interesting) to know :) They're quite cheap and I played a solid one at the Aussie Expo a few months back, and yeah... dialled in they're really fun (not to mention unique). And cheap.

OH SWEET JESUS PRAISE THE LORD.

Not like it hasn't taken over a year to do. Let's just hope they don't release TPA for another platform between now and then, otherwise there'll be another years delay.

Yeah... that's awesome if it doesn't break VR! If it does, hopefully someone will fix things to work in VR with the new graphics too.

I'm still lurking :)

Been super busy working on my indie game.

Shaneus

So there's been an update to TPA on iOS (and possibly Android? I don't think PC):
* Transparent blue plastics (finally!) on No Good Gofers. The apparently technically impossible is now possible.
* Sound fixed (improved?) on Starship Troopers. I think it sounded clearer, but can't be too sure.
* Various improvements to Theatre of Magic. Left slingshot finally has sound(!!!), speed has been fixed as well. I don't like that it plays a fair bit slower, but it's more in line with the other tables.

Shaneus

Zaccaria app on iOS has just been updated, too. Circus table added, plus fixes for various machines and a global physics update. Woo!

Only 144MB, too. That's how you manage space, Farsight.

Is the Xbox One not being supported anymore? There are a lot of missing tables. I'm not going to buy anything if they have stopped supporting it.

Benedict

Zaccaria app on iOS has just been updated, too. Circus table added, plus fixes for various machines and a global physics update. Woo!

Only 144MB, too. That's how you manage space, Farsight.

First time I heard about this app.
I am a bit confused how the in-app purchasing works and their memberships.
Could somebody please explain?

Edit: I find the ball physics very very strange in this game... not a fan. Neither of the rubber flippers either.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I am crashing almost 100% of the time when switching to landscape mode. I sent support an email. It's getting crazy.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to buy the Pro packs for the Season 1 retail disc? Every time I try to do it ingame it errors out and the PlayStation Store won't let me because I don't own the digital versions.

gar3

Is the Xbox One not being supported anymore? There are a lot of missing tables. I'm not going to buy anything if they have stopped supporting it.
They just launched it two and a half months ago with Seasons One, Two, and Three. Gotta give 'em some time. It is FarSight, after all ;-)

I played well at the State finals, but not well enough. I managed to play a 3-3 tie with last year's winner but got NUKED on Guns and Roses, I game I hate and am terrible at playing.

Oh well, the real bummer is that there aren't any more big tournaments for the next few months. I may try to go to the TExas Festival but I don't have much money to drive down there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been having a lot of weird bugs lately on TPA.

• On Diner (during the plunge), when switching from camera 2 to camera 3, the camera doesn't stop moving into position. Instead, it's as if the camera falls off the tripod and begins flipping head over heels forever and ever (until I switch to camera 1).
  • Multiple times, I will start a table and the logo at the top of the screen will say TOTAN as opposed to the actual table I'm playing.
  • On Central Park, I was unable to fail. I know you can get up to 15 extra balls, but I probably played about 45 balls. I eventually quit out because I refused to post a score like I did.
  • Randomly, my table select wheel will be missing pictures for given tables.

Unrelated to bugs, I've been trying to play tables I don't normally spend time on to try and appreciate them more. Twilight Zone has definitely become more interesting now that I understand (sort of) what I'm shooting for. I've also taken a liking to Centaur. While I don't love the art or the sound/speech package, it's DEFINITELY a shooter's game - a LOT of very specific shots you have to make.

Have they announced the next S4 table?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to buy the Pro packs for the Season 1 retail disc? Every time I try to do it ingame it errors out and the PlayStation Store won't let me because I don't own the digital versions.

To follow up on this, I can buy the various Season X Pro Upgrade packs for $10 a pop but can't buy them individually for whatever reason. Really confusing DLC listings for this game.

I really hope the Season 2 disc comes out in NA.

Velinos

Played a bunch of TOTAN last night, determined to finally complete the HAREM multiball goal. After about 20 games or so, the closest I was able to get was H-A-R lit and one time I got the second Harem Sneak-in. I am slowly getting better at consistantly hitting the left orbit. I can shot the ramp no problem, but the orbit I hit maybe 1 in 4 tries. Anyone have any tips?

Another annoying thing I discovered about TOTAN is that if you get to the final battle with the Genie and lose, you have to start over from the beginning. You don't just have to restart the Genie battle, you have to get all seven jewels again. Oh well, still a great game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I thought it was impossible to lose against the Genie during Rescue the Princess. Doesn't it just give you unlimited extra balls until the mode ends?
I've battled him many times and never won.

I suck. :(

I think you lose when the genie gets the bottle (?) completely on his side.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've battled him many times and never won.

I suck. :(

I think you lose when the genie gets the bottle (?) completely on his side.

Yeah, you get unlimited balls until you lose the battle against the Genie. You have to hit certain targets to win. I've never won either, but I've battled him for what felt like forever, haha.

Velinos

I wasn't sure where to hit because all lights were flashing. Do you just have to keep hitting the genie over and over again?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wasn't sure where to hit because all lights were flashing. Do you just have to keep hitting the genie over and over again?

My understanding is that any of the main shots will score progress. Those would be:

• Left orbit
  • Ramp
  • Genie
  • Right orbit
  • ???

The rules list 5 major shots. Maybe the lamp or the bazaar scoop?

Shaneus

So, I went to a mini comp thing on Monday night and they had some interesting (and at least different from my regular Sternaments) machines. In particular was The Shadow, and I now think I want to buy one.

What are people's impressions of it? Is it replayable or am I liable to get bored of it somewhat quickly? Keep in mind I have High Speed and Ripley's, and I'm sick of neither of those. I figure Shadow would sit nicely (figuratively) between the two.

Ronabo

I played a Shadow table a couple years ago at a friends house. Never had seen one before I spent a few hours on it. It's very challenging, has great/fun shots and cool gimmicks with the changeable ramp lanes. It just has an ugly back glass.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Sent out in KS update email:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2015/02/11/the-addams-family-pinball-arcade-review/

Forbes just published a three page article including an inside look at the digitization process, an interview with Bobby King and exciting news about the future of Pinball Arcade!

One platform that King confirmed was now on the horizon was the 3DS. With the arrival of the more powerful New 3DS XL (and New 3DS) Pinball Arcade was now possible on the system. King suggested this was likely for 2015.

Shaneus

I played a Shadow table a couple years ago at a friends house. Never had seen one before I spent a few hours on it. It's very challenging, has great/fun shots and cool gimmicks with the changeable ramp lanes. It just has an ugly back glass.
Yeah, I know :/ There's a good alt translite and speaker panel someone did on Pinside that looks really good, I would probably get that as well as I don't think it's all that expensive (<$100).

I guess the only things to look for are the wear near the top magnet (which you can buy printed mylar for), how the Battlefield plays and if the directional knife things work properly.

Love that it has no pops, though. That's pretty much the clincher for me.

That looks really, really good. Is it that they have the advanced lighting running in that version, or just the regular one looks nice?
BTW That vid is in 60fps if you have Chrome :)

It’s an impressive achievement to crack The Addams Family pinball nut, and takes Farsight Studio’s mission one step nearer to completion. As King puts it, “We taking something that people remember from their past with the sole purpose of preserving a collection of the greatest pinball machines for future generations.” With the crown jewel of pinball now in the collection, and continued strong support on Kickstarter, it seems this mission might actually become a reality.
Like Starship Troopers and El Dorado, amirite?

Top Bottom