• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

the biggest thing for me, is that the Elvira tables are set at family mode without Pro, and it's not really how you should play them. I'm going pro personally :)

Is there a Pro version of Medieval Madness that lets you turn off the family setting? I was surprised the first time I played the real thing and heard an unbleeped "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the f--- are you?"

Is there a Pro version of Medieval Madness that lets you turn off the family setting? I was surprised the first time I played the real thing and heard an unbleeped "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the f--- are you?"

I'd expect so. I've only heard people specifically talking about Elvira though. If no one chimes in in the next few hours I hope to be playing it soon and I'll get you the answer if it's still needs be.

Gigarator

From tinkering with the menu I found the family mode however it was already switched off. I turned it on and it does this.

ibl4Y8rIx6Wd1M.png

Howard didn't say that line at any point either.

can anyone hear anything other than 'FUCK IT' when the ball hits the outlanes on Creature? I know it's 'FOCUS' but I have never been able to get my ears to believe me.

Gigarator

Wow I've just had my best game on Medieval Madness, got all the way up to battle for the kingdom (for the first time ever) on ball 2 and ended up with 224 million points when it was all said and done. Didn't actually manage to win the battle, I watched as all my balls went neatly down the middle of the flippers almost right away and couldn't keep it going but man, that was fun!

Considering my best game before that was only around 96 million I think this was some freak occurrence!

Wow I've just had my best game on Medieval Madness, got all the way up to battle for the kingdom (for the first time ever) on ball 2 and ended up with 224 million points when it was all said and done. Didn't actually manage to win the battle, I watched as all my balls went neatly down the middle of the flippers almost right away and couldn't keep it going but man, that was fun!

Considering my best game before that was only around 96 million I think this was some freak occurrence!

Good shit. Remember you can use troll bombs to make the battle easier.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So the PS4 game is out. I have every table on PS3/PSV. Is there a best upgrade path that maximizes what I get for my dollars?

The store is showing the season 1 bundle for $27.

Benedict

So the PS4 game is out. I have every table on PS3/PSV. Is there a best upgrade path that maximizes what I get for my dollars?

As I understand it you will only get a discount on tables purchased through a season pack, not separate table packs. This means you will have to pay full price for tables you already own, if you purchased them as table packs.

As I understand it you will only get a discount on tables purchased through a season pack, not separate table packs. This means you will have to pay full price for tables you already own, if you purchased them as table packs.

That's Balls! I swear I read that if you had purchased the majority of the packs from a season, you would get a discount on the bundle?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I purchased every table pack in season 1 separately. On the store it shows I also own "season pack 1". I just bought the discounted season pack 1 for PS4, for $14.99

So it seems if you bought every pack that comprises season 1, the system sees you owning the season one pass and will offer the discount.

joeblow

There are FOUR season one bundles to choose from for the PS4. There is the normal pro and non-pro (PS+ gets you 10% off this one), and there is the discounted pro and non-pro for $15-$18 if you own season one on the PS3/Vita.

I just bought the discounted pack - you should too!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

WAT

I purchased every table pack in season 1 separately. On the store it shows I also own "season pack 1". I just bought the discounted season pack 1 for PS4, for $14.99

So it seems if you bought every pack that comprises season 1, the system sees you owning the season one pass and will offer the discount.

Same here. Lighting and crispness of flipper response is nice. Still hope for motion blur on the balls and flippers in addition to long ago announced S3D support. So far so good and, finally, something else to turn on the PS4 for.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
PSA: I bought each table pack comprising season 1 separately and got the discount.

I may have found the first bug. Table nudge in Black Hole is not working. Of all the tables you don't want nudge disabled on, it is that one!

FYI my PS4 download list showed errors for the table packs trying to download. But it seems once the base game is installed it begins streaming data for the full install in the background - push Options, go to Information, and check the game size and download status.

My full install is about half done, and the tables are slowly appearing in the game as the data for the season 1 packs comes down.

baphomet

I try to start this on my ps4 and it says

Cannot start the application
This application can only be started by a user who has a liscene for it

But i have every table purchased on this username on my ps3/vita. What the fuck?

Edit: restarting my ps4 got it to load. Now i have to pay 29.99 for season 1 even though ive purchased every table pack on ps3?

Minsc

Gold Member
I try to start this on my ps4 and it says

Cannot start the application
This application can only be started by a user who has a liscene for it

But i have every table purchased on this username on my ps3/vita. What the fuck?

Edit: restarting my ps4 got it to load. Now i have to pay 29.99 for season 1 even though ive purchased every table pack on ps3?

If you bought every table pack, others are saying the discount for 50% off works, and it should be $15 for the first 22 tables, which is a great price imo.

So... as a casual fan of pinball, should I bother with spending extra $9 for the pro tables?

Probably not, even enthusiasts have little purpose for the pro pack, unless a table or two with family settings bother you enough for $9 worth. Keep in mind disabling the family mode probably disables high score tables too, as changing any options in the pro menus do.

baphomet

If you bought every table pack, others are saying the discount for 50% off works, and it should be $15 for the first 22 tables, which is a great price imo.

Probably not, even enthusiasts have little purpose for the pro pack, unless a table or two with family settings bother you enough for $9 worth. Keep in mind disabling the family mode probably disables high score tables too, as changing any options in the pro menus do.

Its definitely not giving me any sort of discount attempting to purchase it through the game. Season 1 is still $29.99. Should i be looking for the discount elsewhere than through the game menu?

Its definitely not giving me any sort of discount attempting to purchase it through the game. Season 1 is still $29.99. Should i be looking for the discount elsewhere than through the game menu?

At main PS4 menu, go up to the top row and choose settings>PSN>restore licences. Could get your purchases in order to try again.

baphomet

Restarted, yet again, and it shows up as $14.99 now. Dont know if this is sony or farsights issue, but im blaming farsight for how shitty their qa is.

Xtyle

some of my games don't have the pro pack options...i notice the games that download "inside the game" gives me the pro options...is anyone experiencing this?

Eidt: it has nothing to do with the downloads...not sure why but like bride of pinbot does not have pro menu and some other games don't have that too

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but what the hell is the difference between the regular bundle and the pro bundle, other than price? The SEN website listings are not clear at all.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So the one called "Season 1 Bundle (discounted)" is the one I want, right?

And the core game is free (basically a demo)?

Minsc

Gold Member
some of my games don't have the pro pack options...i notice the games that download "inside the game" gives me the pro options...is anyone experiencing this?

Eidt: it has nothing to do with the downloads...not sure why but like bride of pinbot does not have pro menu and some other games don't have that too

Not all tables have pro packs, so that is normal.

Is there a noticeable downgrade in sound quality on the PS4 version ? Been a little while since i spent time w/ the ps3 entry so may just be my imagination.

Also there doens't seem to be a way to download all tables through the store, i just have to click on them in game and it seems to download just that single table/pack. Anyone who picked up the season pass able to find a way to queue all the tables?

When downloading the game it does say 2.3gb but then during its download changes to 300mbs or so. Even tried deleting and reinstalling, but no luck. Oh farsight, you have come a long way and i love the pinball arcade but man if there arn't a lot of odd stuff/errors in your game.

EDIT: never mind, seems like they are all downloaded now, i'm guessing it installed similar to how DC Universe did where it kind of hides its updating and you have to check the games information.

Vyse24

Pinball Arcade said:
Day four! Pinball Arcade has just been released on PS4 and is available for download now with Tales of the Arabian Nights for free. It's the most realistic pinball yet and we have the 9.0 review from IGN to back it up!

Have at it.

Ocaso

I may have found the first bug. Table nudge in Black Hole is not working. Of all the tables you don't want nudge disabled on, it is that one!.

I found a bug in theatre of magic where I hit the hole in the chest at full speed and rather than activate the magic trick it seemed to go out the back of the chest and reappear in the center loop.

Still, I've only played a short while and the trial at that. It's certainly gorgeous, but I'm still kind of bummed that this isn't Vita cross-buy enabled.

Top Bottom