• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Sure thing.

Update on the print below. It is scheduled to print in two weeks. Sorry it's taken a while.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #4: 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Hand-numbered, limited edition 17"x14" Screenprint using UV Cured Inks and a UV Curing machine. Printed by Eclipse Workshop. Estimated at $30.

How to buy online:

Sign-Up List (feel free to add yourself):

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
6. rerem
7. Mockingbird's +1 Charm
8. Mockingbird's +2 Lightag
9. Mockingbird's +3 Leonid
10. boraaa
11. Mockingbird's +4 Sceaz
12. Mockingbird's +5 mgiatr
13. Mockingbird's + 6 googs
14. Mockingbird's + 7 richsan
15. Mockingbird's + 8 hax
16. Mockingbird's +9 a.kell
17. geetec
18. Mokoi
19. firehawk12
20. Scrooge McDuck

Where is this from? It looks really nice but I'm trying to refrain buying things that I don't really have any interest in.

Ico is one but it's Killan Eng, and I respect Ueda's games and can probably become a fan once I play them! The remasters help since ps2 sotc for me was unbearable. So with that said I still want the Ico! Lol

Where is this from? It looks really nice but I'm trying to refrain buying things that I don't really have any interest in.

Ico is one but it's Killan Eng, and I respect Ueda's games and can probably become a fan once I play them! The remasters help since ps2 sotc for me was unbearable. So with that said I still want the Ico! Lol

It's not from anything in particular. It's an original image created by Hebitsukai. The printing on this should be interesting. It will be on Stardream Cover -- the same type pf paper used on MGS but instead of metallic bits this has iridescent effect on the paper. Same paper weight too.

8/18/2014:

Rocky by Cesar Moreno

148aa9868e4b889fbfc347c4_533x800.jpg

Poster by Cesar Moreno. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by Lady Lazarus. $45

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Rocky II by Matt Taylor

11a62bf04ff00c3fbfa417cc_533x400.jpg

Poster by Matt Taylor. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $40

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Rocky III by Matt Taylor

8b3bc2fc6c8f4d66ef91a772_533x959.jpg

Poster by Matt Taylor. 20"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by Lady Lazarus. $40

rekkair

Neo Member
Didn't realize there were leftovers of Rocky out there. Does anyone know if there were any leftovers of Bill & Ted from way back?

lupinko

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #4: 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Hand-numbered, limited edition 17"x14" Screenprint using UV Cured Inks and a UV Curing machine. Printed by Eclipse Workshop. Estimated at $30.

How to buy online:

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
6. rerem
10. boraaa
17. geetec
18. Mokoi
19. firehawk12
20. Scrooge McDuck
21. lupinko

It's really beautiful.

Mr.Jeff

How to buy online:

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
6. rerem
10. boraaa
17. geetec
18. Mokoi
19. firehawk12
20. Scrooge McDuck
21. lupinko
22. Mr.Jeff

I guess it's too late to get in on that Ico poster still?

A few months back firehawk12 was setting up an Aria commission here and on anime/manga gaf. I'm assisting him with the commission and the first one didn't work out, so here's a revival of the commission with a different artist. Here are the details -- and yes, you can still sign-up. Estimated completion is the end of October.

Fancy-Poster Gaf Commision #1 Special (Presented by firehawk12): Akari & Aria by Jasmin Darnell

Hand-numbered, limited edition 8"x10" giclee. Paper is still to be determined. Estimated at around $18 + shipping. Printed by either Giclee Today or Disney Fine Art/Collector's Edition.

1. firehawk12
2. darkblade77
3. cajunator
4. Mr.Jeff
5. Mockingbird
6. Haly
7. AmethystEnd
8. umbra
9. ZachDeKoromaru
10. Lambtron
11. Chariot
12. MikeHattsu
13. Theonik
14. wonzo
15. SDBurton
16. Mokoi
17. Scrooge McDuck
18. omlet
19. Kurt (who is not on GAF).
20. phoenix296

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is it weird that I want to buy it mostly to see a Stout print in person, and not because I'm overly fond of it? Probably.
I'm always pretty floored when I see his work in person. Aside from that, this piece just looks dope and it's not a giant ass print, which is nice.

My Bioshock print arrived today. When I first unrolled it, all I saw was some Transformers print. Halfway through my angry email I realized they sent me that for free, on top of the Bioshock print. I'm trying to pick out a frame for it now. Mostly just undecided on the mat. What do you guys think?

XBHocfs.jpg

or

iUtPSE1.jpg

or something else entirely?

Roubjon

Just wanna say thanks to deadbolt for packaging this with the print I ordered from the BottleNeck show:

I was wondering why the shipping tube was so large and then i opened it up and was blown away. The colors are absolutely amazing in person and I love the Wizard of Oz. Dude, you're the best!

Just wanna say thanks to deadbolt for packaging this with the print I ordered from the BottleNeck show:

I was wondering why the shipping tube was so large and then i opened it up and was blown away. The colors are absolutely amazing in person and I love the Wizard of Oz. Dude, you're the best!

Much cooler than the Transformers print they gave me with my order.

Sigma722

Durieux's stuff is so good. Still like the way he managed to include the Wicked Witch of the West in there.

Man it took me forever to see it. I noticed toto looking up, before I read your comment, and wondered if there was something there, and then you said that...

Actually needed to see a real life picture of the print, and step back a bit.

Cool nonetheless.

Deadbolt did the same for me! I was not expecting the extra print he talked about to be such an incredible bonus. Thanks so much!

IronRinn

Man it took me forever to see it. I noticed toto looking up, before I read your comment, and wondered if there was something there, and then you said that...

Actually needed to see a real life picture of the print, and step back a bit.

Cool nonetheless.

Hahaha, and I, in turn, had never noticed that Toto had spotted her as well. Even better.

IronRinn

My Bioshock print arrived today. When I first unrolled it, all I saw was some Transformers print. Halfway through my angry email I realized they sent me that for free, on top of the Bioshock print. I'm trying to pick out a frame for it now. Mostly just undecided on the mat. What do you guys think?

XBHocfs.jpg

or

iUtPSE1.jpg

I think I like the green more? Either one looks pretty damn good, though.

Clipjoint

XBHocfs.jpg

or

iUtPSE1.jpg

Might not be a bad idea to go with a double mat if you can swing it. That piece is perfect for it.

Now i'm kicking myself for not going

2001: A Lost Score
Panelist: Brian Satterwhite

Mondo is releasing the lost score for 2001: A Space Odyssey on vinyl for the first time ever!

Stanley Kubrick’s seminal masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey is known for its classical musical cues as much as for its vivid imagery. What few people know is that those cues that are forever associated with the film were a last minute revision on the part of Kubrick. An original score exists, composed for the film by the late composer Alex North (A Streetcar Named Desire, Spartacus) that was abandoned during post-production. North did not know his score was discarded until he saw the film’s premiere screening.

Composer and writer Brian Satterwhite will host a panel on the subject, featuring a live presentation of several scenes from 2001: A Space Odyssey with the lost score meticulously reintegrated back to the film to show what could have been.

Working with North’s estate, Mondo will release “Music for 2001: A Space Odyssey” in a deluxe package, complete with liner notes by Jon Burlingame. The vinyl will be available for sale at the Mondo booth.

That's some nerdy ass nerdy shit right there

cajunator

Banned
A few months back firehawk12 was setting up an Aria commission here and on anime/manga gaf. I'm assisting him with the commission and the first one didn't work out, so here's a revival of the commission with a different artist. Here are the details -- and yes, you can still sign-up. Estimated completion is the end of October.

Fancy-Poster Gaf Commision #1 Special (Presented by firehawk12): Akari & Aria by Jasmin Darnell

Hand-numbered, limited edition 8"x10" giclee. Paper is still to be determined. Estimated at around $18 + shipping. Printed by either Giclee Today or Disney Fine Art/Collector's Edition.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!

Any gaffers score on the stout lotto?

Holy shit!? Got picked in the lottery today!

I have never bought a Tyler Stout print before. Registered a few weeks back for GOTG, didn't get one then. Lottery was my last shot.

Bought the regular, looked better than the variant to me.

Bii

I got nothing.

Time to wait for the second round if it comes to it.

I didn't get anything either. :( Guess I'll wait to see if there's a second round.

08.21.14- -
first round of lotto winner emails have gone out. second round, if there is one, will be at 5PM PST today.

thanks to those that entered, apologies that i didn't have enough for everyone.

Riptwo

Still hoping for a second round email! If that doesn't work, here's hoping that eBay prices aren't too awful in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom