• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any gaffers score on the stout lotto?

tumblr_mpp00jpaa21r33r0fo1_400.gif

All praise to OMGKITTY for hitting the lotto and PBing for me.

Sigma722

Grats guys who scored.

I was able to grab a variant. Pretty pumped, not sure if this will make choosing between reg and var any easier..

Phionoxx

Hit the Stout lotto for GotG!

Pretty excited. Saw the email pop up on my phone, immediately hit the link and put an order in for the variant. Looks great. That makes two so far. Also was in on a Drive lotto before.

Dawg

Received my MGS print a while ago. My first piece I ever bought via GAF and also the first poster I've ever framed.

Is the final result OK? I had to place the white paper that comes with the frame behind the poster, because it's too small.

BuM9pBhCEAAmLaE.jpg

lupinko

Apparently I got notification on it but I've been busy that I didn't see the email.

Oh well, that's alright, GotG is cool tho but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I may have a cheap hotel room across the street from mondocon I'm going to give up if anyone needs it.

turns out I'm going to Tokyo Game Show instead, so don't try for me too much

Rinemie

Neo Member
I totally forgot to signup for the GOTG lotto and totally missed it.
Anyone willing to sell theirs? Otherwise I'll officially be going to the aftermarket.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Thinking of getting my Blade Runner print framed in something close to this get up;

zeMTB39.jpg

Thoughts?
That mustard yellow matte is really distracting. Maybe look for a yellow closer to the print's yellow or try something a bit more subtle.
That frame up would look great for a Kill Bill or Wu Tang print, though.

Thanks to everyone who posts in here. This thread has destroyed my wallet and beautified my walls.

I was linked to this thread in another thread. I had ample wall space and no resources to find unique prints. I've bought 4 things since subscribing to this thread.

Meier

Damn, just saw the Bottleneck email from Wednesday with that Zelda 5x5 print. Sooo picking that up. Timed edition from 12-3 (eastern) today!

1krDyJJ46tgJx-UEr4N35pHbrp1cnq3W10prK3pKKsljpVPTIiF2srtbMW1-ZN7deWAwwIMexFzz1Bscm__Ziceqy5quxymPi_83bZhZmAKNMQ1jGyAakOSIUg0gX-SlOdn6UprW4j9oKfTEx-YNuzaJxDxejwJSYocVHI0=s0-d-e1-ft

Natlebug

Neo Member
I'm moving at the end of the month and have a decent amount of posters that I will never hang. I wanted to offer them to NeoGAF members at lower prices or cost to me + shipping. I may even be open to trades. It's been a while since I've read through this thread in entirety. I don't remember any threads mentioning that it is not allowed, but I'd rather check before going ahead with it. Could anyone please let me know, thank you.

Meier

I'm moving at the end of the month and have a decent amount of posters that I will never hang. I wanted to offer them to NeoGAF members at lower prices or cost to me + shipping. I may even be open to trades. It's been a while since I've read through this thread in entirety. I don't remember any threads mentioning that it is not allowed, but I'd rather check before going ahead with it. Could anyone please let me know, thank you.

I don't think anyone in this thread would have a problem with it -- most would be happy in fact. A lot of people buy/trade on EB anyway (although I've never done it personally). Probably best to link to the listing though rather than a pic dump in here.

theaface

Sorry that this is much later than planned, but here's a pic of my framed Disney Whalen's up on the wall. Sorry the photography isn't marvellous.

As some of you may have seen at the time, I got left in the lurch by a seller for the Frozen print, which was supposed to be a present for my fiancée. Clipjoint very kindly came to my rescue and sold me his copy.

So for his benefit to prove it definitely did go to a good home, here they are. I've loved them ever since they went up, but the Aladdin one now has added poignancy since the passing of Robin Williams.

o31nl78.jpg

Clipjoint

Sorry that this is much later than planned, but here's a pic of my framed Disney Whalen's up on the wall. Sorry the photography isn't marvellous.

As some of you may have seen at the time, I got left in the lurch by a seller for the Frozen print, which was supposed to be a present for my fiancée. Clipjoint very kindly came to my rescue and sold me his copy.

So for his benefit to prove it definitely did go to a good home, here they are. I've loved them ever since they went up, but the Aladdin one now has added poignancy since the passing of Robin Williams.

o31nl78.jpg

I'm glad I sent it to you before I ever opened it. If I had, I don't know that I would have been able to let it go.

Good thing I did though, because it looks far better on your wall than it ever would have on mine. Seriously, they all look stunning. Nice job.

I'm glad I sent it to you before I ever opened it. If I had, I don't know that I would have been able to let it go.

Good thing I did though, because it looks far better on your wall than it ever would have on mine. Seriously, they all look stunning. Nice job.

2977.gif

I wish I got in on those prints, the Aladdin one is beautiful.

Found this through tested.com of all place.

Kevin Tong/Tom Whalen
Phone Booth Gallery
Long Beach CA
Opening 8/23 7p-10p

Phone Booth Gallery is proud to present, “Info•Rama,” an exhibition of intricate screen-printed infographics crafted by artists Tom Whalen and Kevin Tong. The exhibition opens with an all-ages reception on Saturday, August 23rd, from 7-10pm, at Phone Booth Gallery’s exhibition space at 2533 East Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90803. “Info•Rama” remains on view through September 17th at the gallery and online at www.phoneboothgallery.com.

keiichi

I live in Central NJ, which is no more than a hour away from Brooklyn where they are based and shipping for me was 8.50

8.80 to South Jersey, I think its just the regular shipping method they use for their prints, no procedure to change it for a smaller item, it's fine though. everything I've ordered from them in the past have been delivered perfectly.

*crosses fingers for wood variant*

8.80 to South Jersey, I think its just the regular shipping method they use for their prints, no procedure to change it for a smaller item, it's fine though. everything I've ordered from them in the past have been delivered perfectly.

*crosses fingers for wood variant*

I'm still waiting on my previous order from the 8 Bit and Beyond 2 show, it said the shipping was initiated on the 15th, but no updates yet.

Sushigod7

Bottleneck will fix the shipping on the orders if it seems out of whack place the order and email them your order number. They are fixing mine, good people over there don't worry. This is awesome by the way pass along the compliments Deadbolt!!

Maybe try PMing deadbolt1388 about the order status? He might be able to help out.

Bottleneck will fix the shipping on the orders if it seems out of whack place the order and email them your order number. They are fixing mine, good people over there don't worry. This is awesome by the way pass along the compliments Deadbolt!!

I sent them an email and I got a message saying they were on vacation for the last week. I think it's sort of bad business to claim that but put no warning on the website that orders won't be shipped/fulfilled until X date.

Sushigod7

I sent them an email and I got a message saying they were on vacation for the last week. I think it's sort of bad business to claim that but put no warning on the website that orders won't be shipped/fulfilled until X date.

What do you mean? They refused to help you? Also this is a timed edition which means they run it for the time period then order the prints. Its not bad business that is just how a timed edition works they don't know how many to get printed ahead of time. I'm not sure exactly what your complaining about you should clarify maybe.

What do you mean? They refused to help you? Also this is a timed edition which means they run it for the time period then order the prints. Its not bad business that is just how a timed edition works they don't know how many to get printed ahead of time. I'm not sure exactly what your complaining about you should clarify maybe.

No, I'm not talking about the Link timed edition.

I ordered 3 pieces from the 8 Bit and Beyond 2 showing.

I was notified last Friday that they were shipped.

A week later no update.

I email them this afternoon, they tell me they've been on vacation all week and they started mailing out orders today.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

A week later no update.

I email them this afternoon, they tell me they've been on vacation all week and they started mailing out orders today.

Did you get a notification that the shipping label was printed, or that it was definitely shipped a week ago?

Also, Bottleneck are the most understanding, helpful, and awesome dudes, so any issues you have with them I'm sure could be hammered out.

teeg

I grabbed one of the Link timed editions. Wanted to grab 2 to help justify the shipping cost of $16.75, but they must be limiting to one per order as the qty. would always change back to 1. I'm In Ontario, Canada, so I'm used to higher shipping fees, but more than the actual item is kinda silly.

Luckily I got an email about 15 minutes ago with a $5 refund. Excellent! That shipping cost is much easier to swallow. Still wish I could have ordered 2 in 1 order though.

Sushigod7

A week later no update.

They pretty much stick to the same time frame for every release, also in the FAQ's of their site. Be realistic no where does it say they are shipping the orders the very next day after a gallery show. From their FAQ's.

What is my estimated time of delivery?

In some cases, unless noted in the description, it can take us around 1-2 weeks to ship out an item. However, we do try to get it out even sooner. Some items, including OG’s and items that we display in the gallery, will only ship after the close of an exhibit.

I have not received a tracking number. Should I be concerned?

Definitely not! It could be due to a few reasons:

1) The tracking number hit your spam folder (happens all the time).

2) Your item might be an original painting or the last one on our wall. In this situation, we ship right away when the show ends.

3) We are still packaging the item and it has not shipped.

I received my tracking number, but it hasn’t updated since the creation of the label. What gives? Is it lost?

The good news is that once you receive the tracking number your item is 100% packed. We do not pre-print labels.

Unfortunately most of the time, due to the volume of tubes going out, the post office doesn’t scan the initial package. So technically, you will not see an update until it reaches another facility, therefore do not freak out your item is not lost, it is just in transit and in the hands of USPS.

This leads us to the next question…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom