• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the sample in for 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams Theory) by Hebitsukai.

They will print today and dry over the weekend. I should have them on-hand by Thursday. Here are some pictures:

IMG_20140829_114157_718_zpsfcb6b578.jpg

IMG_20140829_114208_330_zpsc617b927.jpg

(outdoors photo)
IMG_20140829_114240_257_zpsfeb22dcc.jpg

What can't be seen here is the iridescent effect of the paper.

Looks tremendously stunning in person. I was extremely pleased with it!

chibiboy

Neo Member
My neogaf family,

Would anybody be interested in participating in some type of Zelda Commission? Nothing is set in stone at the moment. I am not heading this commission, but the commissioning group is trying to gather true fans of the series to brainstorm possible ideas. I know we have a lot of zelda fans and was given the okay to see if anybody here would be interested. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Kalren

My neogaf family,

Would anybody be interested in participating in some type of Zelda Commission? Nothing is set in stone at the moment. I am not heading this commission, but the commissioning group is trying to gather true fans of the series to brainstorm possible ideas. I know we have a lot of zelda fans and was given the okay to see if anybody here would be interested. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Any thoughts on the artist? I might be interested.

9/2/2014:

I will send out invoices by the end of next week.

If you're on this list, you will receive a PM from me. You can also elect to have me hold your copy to ship with Ico or the Aria commission to save on shipping.

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams Theory) by Hebitsukai.

IMG_20140829_114157_718_zpsfcb6b578.jpg

17"x14" 1 color screenprint w/ 2 passes of UV cured inks on 285 gsm Stardream Cover, which has an iridescent effect. Hand-numbered. Printed by Eclipse Workshop.

Purchase List:

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
5. Mockingbird's +10 R.S.
6. rerem
7. Mockingbird's +1 Charm
8. Mockingbird's +2 Lightag
9. Mockingbird's +3 Leonid
10. boraaa
11. Mockingbird's +4 Sceaz
12. Mockingbird's +5 mgiatr
13. Mockingbird's + 6 googs
14. Mockingbird's + 7 richsan
15. Mockingbird's + 8 hax
16. Mockingbird's +9 a.kell
17. geetec
18. Mokoi
19. firehawk12
20. Scrooge McDuck
21. lupinko
22. Mr.Jeff

LaneDS

Anyone here a member of Dan McCarthy's print club for this year? Only recently found out about it and think I'm going to buy in for the next year and am curious if he's got fans in here.

Risible

Anyone here a member of Dan McCarthy's print club for this year? Only recently found out about it and think I'm going to buy in for the next year and am curious if he's got fans in here.

Yet another internet high five from me to you! :) I'm a McCarthy fan, in particular I love his Neil Young series (Blue Windows Behind The Stars, Yellow Moon on the Rise, Big Birds Flying Across the Sky) and Don Stepped Outside, all of which I own.

Nobody does twilight prints like McCarthy....I have a real affinity for images that depict twilight as it's my favorite time of day. Blue Windows and DSO are two great examples of this.

Down-payment information for Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #5: Ico by Kilian Eng has all been sent out via NeoGAF PM or EB PM.

Once payment is received I will send you the three sketches Kilian has proposed for the poster, along with the explanations for them. I kindly request that you do not share these sketches with anyone not involved with the commission.

If anyone has not received payment info please let me know.

From this point forward, there will be no more available slots to get into the commission.

Down-payment information for Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #5: Ico by Kilian Eng has all been sent out via NeoGAF PM or EB PM.

Once payment is received I will send you the three sketches Kilian has proposed for the poster, along with the explanations for them. I kindly request that you do not share these sketches with anyone not involved with the commission.

From this point forward, there will be no more available slots to get into the commission.

Done. Can't wait for the sketches.

Cheska

Money sent! I feel like I'm more excited about this than I was for MGS. I love Eng's style.

chibiboy

Neo Member

Sent you a PM mockingbird. Haven't gotten anything yet.

LaneDS

Yet another internet high five from me to you! :) I'm a McCarthy fan, in particular I love his Neil Young series (Blue Windows Behind The Stars, Yellow Moon on the Rise, Big Birds Flying Across the Sky) and Don Stepped Outside, all of which I own.

Nobody does twilight prints like McCarthy....I have a real affinity for images that depict twilight as it's my favorite time of day. Blue Windows and DSO are two great examples of this.

Hah, missed this earlier but I am not at all surprised that you're also a McCarthy fan. Some definite parallels between his work and Daniel Danger's. Looked up both pieces you mentioned and really like that "Yellow Moon on the Rise" one as well. Bought "A Plane Passed Silently Overhead" off EB a few months back randomly (mostly due to it looking nice/was cheap) and will be seeking out additional prints in the future, as I envision a wall or room decorated with Danger and McCarthy one day.

But yeah, more e-high fives!

Bii

I've seen the sketches and it is very promising. Eeeeeee!!! :D

LaneDS

Are we allowed to discuss the sketches in here? I'll say vaguely I think I like #1 the most, followed by #3. Not feeling #2 (reminds me of Monument Valley, and I don't associate Ico with Escher which is probably why I prefer #1).

Edit response to below: of course, wasn't going to share or even really describe them, per your wishes above.

Are we allowed to discuss the sketches in here? I'll say vaguely I think I like #1 the most, followed by #3. Not feeling #2 (reminds me of Monument Valley, and I don't associate Ico with Escher which is probably why I prefer #1).

Sure, just please don't post the images.

Cheska

Edit response to below: of course, wasn't going to share or even really describe them, per your wishes above.

Yep, without a doubt #1 and #3 for me as well. I like the aesthetics and presentation of those two the most.

Neptune

#1 is easily my favourite out of the three sketches. But no matter which design is chosen, I'm really excited to see how it'll turn out.

LaneDS

Yeah I liked #1 at first blush, but I think #3 has the most potential.

Is the estimate on # of colors correct? That seems insane!

Insane/exciting (part of why I'd rather Eng not do just a black & white print).

Echoing what Neptune just said but I'm looking forward regardless of what direction is decided upon. These GAF commissions are really awesome to be a part of.

Edit: Coming around on #3. I like that you can see beyond the castle walls, as that was one of my favorite aspects of the game originally. And the windmill being featured is a nice touch. The comments about a sense of openness I think are important, as that game rarely feels claustrophobic and the idea of feeling very small in a large (but intricate) environment would be great to see conveyed here.

chibiboy

Neo Member
#3, then #1, and #2 last. I feel like layout wise, #3 best represents the castle world of Ico. I also think it might push Eng alittle bit more than #1 because of the depth of the layout. Will any shadow creatures make a cameo?

I was pretty cold on #2 but looking at the sketch again it's growing on me. Feels more like an "in progress" journey than #3 just from the positioning of the characters.

All of them look great though, I'd be happy with any of the 3.

Einbroch

Banned
I like #2, but the nerd in me would see Fez every time.

#3 has my vote, but I like them all. If I didn't just play the bajeezus out of Fez I may have liked #2 the most.

Salamando

2 & 3 are my favs, with 3 edging out over 2. 2 feels a bit too similar to the artist he drew inspiration from. 3 made for a happy medium.

Dreweyes

Love them all! #1 is definitely my favorite, i love the symmetry & composition of the piece! Perhaps we can work some of the Ideas from 2 & 3 into 1, so we get the added details and also optical illusions? :)

Jhriad

3 > 2 > 1

I like that both 3 & 2 have the windmill and they both feel more three dimensional than #1. I think either 2 or 3 would both be really good. #1 feels a little too flat for my tastes though I suppose with added detail that might change.

I'm sure I sent it via email...you didn't get it?

Anyone else paid and not receive the image yet? I sent them all out already....or so I thought.

I was a dork and expected a neogafpm, not email. I did get it though!

I like 1 and 3 the most. I don't like all the negative space in 2.

As a side note: I worry that the focus is so much on the insurmountable stone castle, that the final piece will neglect the flourishes of water and greenery that the characters come across in the game.

Will we get any more WIP shots as the piece evolves?

rerem

Neo Member

Paid. Thanks for organizing this!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I just heard about this today since I don't lurk the thread that often. Dope!

rerem

Neo Member
Good stuff!

#3 is my pick, at 24x36. It would have a ton of detail. Second choice would be #1, but it looks a bit too much like his non-commissioned stuff. I'm not a fan of the negative space of #2.

Vyrance

I like 1 the best by far. 3 would be fine if color is added to it, not much on B&W usually. And 2 as last, just too much open space imo.

lupinko

I'm with either 1 or 3, Escher is nice but Ico also screamed of Chirico. And the colors need to stand out.

Size is fine for either.

boraaa

Neo Member
I think 1 gives the viewer a good emotional feel to how ico is played. 3 gives opportunity to be really detailed. i like 24x36 if going with 3, though i prefer 1.

Either 1 or 3 for me. I think I'd need to see 3 with some color to really decide. 2 was cool in concept, but 3 was a better executed vision of what ico is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom