• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

Honestly I just really wanted that Horkey (I liked the Sutfin and Delort too) but after seeing the detail shots they are all pretty damn awesome. The preview pictures on the Vacuum site aren't very good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think the only piece in the portfolio that I'm disappointed with is the Delort. Everybody else's work is really fucking impressive.

Went and did an expensive thing...

IMR6ZrB.jpg

Yes it's the variant. Yes it's gorgeous in person.

IronRinn

Mannnn that EarthBound poster is amazing. :'(

So I've been chatting with IronRinn a bit about coming up with an official logo, graphic and/or text logos, for Fancy Poster NeoGAF...
Here are the silly ideas I came up with the past few days...

See the hidden NeoGAF logo? :)
A few idea's for the logo use, sticker, tee's. (pins and buttons would be sweet too)

Variants of the logo, most people like the middle or right one I think?

Quick silly idea!
(text inspired by Horkey, Stout, Moss, Mitchell for little neogaf dude)

Would love some feedback on everything! I think I've got some interesting ideas, but the concepts aren't quite ready yet, what are your guys' thoughts? Would love to see what you guys can come up with, lets collab!

Just to come back to this for the new page. Drew suggested and I agreed that it would be best to post on the thread because I am out of my depth doing the art director thing. I will say, I am more in favor of the homage text than the logo and here's my (probably poor) reasoning: I like the text logo because there is the very good chance that when we come around to making an OT3, whoever is here may very well look at it and go "What the fuck were we thinking?" I like it because, like fashion, print art has distinctive trends and cycles and part of me really likes the idea of however many years from now looking at the header in the same we might look at someone in bell-bottoms or skinny ties and suit lapels. It's like the perfect little snapshot of what is going on right now in the hobby.

Now, I'll admit, that's probably the last thing Drew (or any designer) is looking to do (and probably with good reason) but the idea of it appeals to me.

Meier

Info on The Last of Us vinyl..
The Last of Us 4XLP OST. Original Soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla. Complete video game soundtrack, also includes soundtrack to the DLC "Left Behind." Artwork by Olly Moss & Jay Shaw. Pressed on 180 Gram Black Vinyl. Available Wednesday (June 22nd) at a random time. $75

IronRinn

Scott Campbell is releasing the remainder of his SDCC Game of Thrones Showdowns, starting today, Tuesday July 21st at 3pm ET, then the sets all this week.

SDCC prints are 50 of each, sold separately. $15 and $25 each. Sets are editions of 100, $75 each. Assuming they are all signed and numbered as usual.

Additionally, today, Tuesday 7/21 at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Cuyler Smith's "Inside Out" Cut Short Set:

insideoutSETnew_large.jpg

(3) 5" x 5" inch and (2) 5" x 7" prints. Matching numbered edition of 75, $75 for the set, $20 for individual prints. Click here to see larger images of each print.

omgkitty

It's a hell of a soundtrack though.

Yeah but I'm kind of at that point where with something like this, I don't want to have to get up and flip and change out records 8 times in order to hear it all. I know that sounds lazy, but after having grown up where I can so easily listen to an entire record in one go, that's a little much. It's pretty much my main complaint with vinyl in general is the lack of seamless continuation.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah but I'm kind of at that point where with something like this, I don't want to have to get up and flip and change out records 8 times in order to hear it all. I know that sounds lazy, but after having grown up where I can so easily listen to an entire record in one go, that's a little much. It's pretty much my main complaint with vinyl in general is the lack of seamless continuation.

I feel you--it's definitely not as convenient as just throwing a playlist on. On the flipside, vinyls definitely encourage you to listen to the entirety of a side/album, which I super appreciate. There's an art to album construction, and I enjoy being more forcibly exposed to that.

omgkitty

I feel you--it's definitely not as convenient as just throwing a playlist on. On the flipside, vinyls definitely encourage you to listen to the entirety of a side/album, which I super appreciate. There's an art to album construction, and I enjoy being more forcibly exposed to that.

See but I'm already one of those album guys. I don't really like playlists or singles and spend 95% of my time listening to entire albums and usually over and over again. At work I'll usually put an album on repeat and listen to it 5 or 6 times before I switch to something else. This is why vinyl is so frustrating to me. I'm not going to spin something once and be satisfied unless I just don't like it very much.

Filthy Slug

Weird that there was a limit, then there wasn't, and then there was. It would have been nice if they mentioned that there was a definite quantity and it wasn't another vinyl that would sit on the site for months.

kaskade

I got the soundtrack on the first run. I guess they said they are ready to ship so hopefully it'll be out soon. Mad Max vinyl is supposed to ship out soon as well.

Filthy Slug

Ah, so they had an initial stock, sold out of it, and now you can pre-order the vinyl in order to get it in December.

LaneDS

Ah, so they had an initial stock, sold out of it, and now you can pre-order the vinyl in order to get it in December.

Yeah, would have liked if they were more open about stock numbers and whether it's limited or not.

Glad I got it either way. Like the Journey vinyl, I double dipped on the soundtrack purchase but think this is a really stellar package (and always liked the SDCC Moss piece from last year and welcome a different way to have it). Neat that they're shipping this week too.

Filthy Slug

Yeah, would have liked if they were more open about stock numbers and whether it's limited or not.

Glad I got it either way. Like the Journey vinyl, I double dipped on the soundtrack purchase but think this is a really stellar package (and always liked the SDCC Moss piece from last year and welcome a different way to have it). Neat that they're shipping this week too.

I like the image but never felt it was worth the print. For the vinyl packaging, however, it's perfect. I just started playing Last of Us again over the weekend, so this is just great fucking timing.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday 7/23 on Mondo: SDCC Leftovers:

Crimson Peak by Guy Davis. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Wytches by Jock. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered & Signed by Jock. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

He-Man / Skeletor Portraits by Mike Mitchell. 12"x16" screen prints. Hand numbered & Signed. Editions of 165. Printed by Static Medium. Sold separately. $60 each

Tomorrow, Thursday 7/23 on Mondo: SDCC Leftovers:

Crimson Peak by Guy Davis. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Wytches by Jock. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered & Signed by Jock. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

He-Man / Skeletor Portraits by Mike Mitchell. 12"x16" screen prints. Hand numbered & Signed. Editions of 165. Printed by Static Medium. Sold separately. $60 each

Might try to score one of the Skeletor prints. Any time in particular that they go up?

Filthy Slug

Malick[AI];172686283 said:
Might try to score one of the Skeletor prints. Any time in particular that they go up?

Usually between 11AM-12 EST

Also a dude with a Skeletor avatar needs a dang Skeletor print!

Zombine

Banned
I have failed every single attempt to get a mondo poster since Batman. Please let me get this Crimson Peak one. I love Del Toro...

Filthy Slug

I'm now super happy that I picked up that Tong Ant-Man. Movie was fun as fuck, and I'm excited to see the print in person. Tong is damn underrated, and his stuff always impresses me in person.

Also, his Scott Pilgrim is by far my favorite SP print:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom