• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Jock_TMNT_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Same. Turtles look fucking absurdly horrible, but the conceot and colors are excellent.

ZetaEpyon

My copy of Inside Out arrived yesterday!
Super pleased with it - especially after catching the movie earlier this week and loving it.

Also holy crap, this is some serious paper and the print job is gorgeous. Well worth the cost!

omgkitty

With Mondo's pricing on all these figures idk, that Hellboy statue was $200 the turtles are $75. This looks like polystone maybe? If pvc should be around $100 if not I'm guessing $125 to $150. I want it though looks amazing.

At least given the size, I feel like Baby Hellboy shouldn't be too expensive.

Yeah looking again online and seeing the Hellboy statue close to the same size as Ramona, and it being $200, I guess it won't be cheap. I don't really know what goes into making these figures but surely Mondo is making a lot of money off of these things right? Like do they seriously cost that much to make?

Meier

Snagged one of the Ken Taylor prints! So excited, it's gorgeous.

For those who didn't see his IG post, it has glow in the dark and metallic inks on it. Ahh, guess it sold out anyway.

Sushigod7

At least given the size, I feel like Baby Hellboy shouldn't be too expensive.

Yeah looking again online and seeing the Hellboy statue close to the same size as Ramona, and it being $200, I guess it won't be cheap. I don't really know what goes into making these figures but surely Mondo is making a lot of money off of these things right? Like do they seriously cost that much to make?

To manufacture no probably cheap but they mark up a ton because its going to sell.

Riptwo

I usually prefer the regular colourways to the variants, but damn, the variant Escape From New York is way prettier. Snagged a regular one anyway, because I apparently need more Snake Plissken prints on my walls!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So tempting, but I'm pretty happy with my Gabz.

Hopefully my friend pulls through and can get me those Crimson Peaks. (Otherwise, I'll have to hold out for the APs.)

Risible

Before I hit up eBay for the Taylor Escape From New York, any Gaffer have one they are selling? I'd rather deal with GAF than eBay if I can.

If you do drop me a PM.

Risible

I bow down to IronRinn, who had my back and grabbed me an EFNY. A true American hero. A gentleman and a scholar. OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

But for reals, this is why I love GAF. Thanks so much IR!

Riptwo

Stout's Guardians broke my Marvel/Mondo streak, so the completionist part of my brain isn't taking over on this one. Looks cool, but it isn't my style!

suplex

Damn, I like that, totally missed it. Anyone wanna do the 2nd fancy poster gaf solid of the day and hook me up? I'd trade the EFNY from earlier if that floats your boat.

Framed my Mad Max.

4FbOwGN.jpg

Kinda glad my friend got to SDCC too late to grab me an Aliens print. As much as I like Kilian Eng's work, I don't want too much of one artist hanging on my walls.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Nice frame job.

Friend managed to get both Crimson Peak prints for me. SDCC is getting expensive for me and I'm not even there.

IronRinn

All right, we are getting dangerously close to 20000 posts and moving onto a new thread. As such, if there is anyone here who can lend me some quick help with some images for the new thread shoot me a PM. I don't know if maybe we need a banner image or something but I'd like to put in an image for all of Mockingbird's (may he RIP with the print gods) GAF commission work.

Likewise, if you have any suggestions for the new thread or if you want to see what it's looking like beforehand, send me a PM and I can send you a link to check it out. I'm shooting for something lighter on images (I don't know about anyone else, but while I love MB's OP, it takes forever and a day for it to load for me), but heavy on reference stuff (purchasing, framing, storage, etc.) but I also don't want to put up something shitty and then we'll have to live with it for a few years.

As a tribute to Mr. Iwata, I want to show the image of the unreleased Game & Print Club Print #15 by Bobby O' Herlihy.

11755104_1108071979206252_7133797252133637952_n.jpg

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom