• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

As a tribute to Mr. Iwata, I want to show the image of the unreleased Game & Print Club Print #15 by Bobby O' Herlihy.

11755104_1108071979206252_7133797252133637952_n.jpg

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.

It's so beautiful. Sad that didn't make it out. :*(

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, July 14th sometime before 2pm CST on Mondo:

The Black Stallion by Nicolas Delort. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 210. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

The Tribe by Alan Hynes. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 75. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Edit: UP!

Dreweyes

Mannnn that EarthBound poster is amazing. :'(

So I've been chatting with IronRinn a bit about coming up with an official logo, graphic and/or text logos, for Fancy Poster NeoGAF...
Here are the silly ideas I came up with the past few days...

See the hidden NeoGAF logo? :)
A few idea's for the logo use, sticker, tee's. (pins and buttons would be sweet too)

Variants of the logo, most people like the middle or right one I think?

Quick silly idea!
(text inspired by Horkey, Stout, Moss, Mitchell for little neogaf dude)

Would love some feedback on everything! I think I've got some interesting ideas, but the concepts aren't quite ready yet, what are your guys' thoughts? Would love to see what you guys can come up with, lets collab!

IronRinn

In addition to Drew's post, the OP is more or less written, I think. I'm basically waiting for feedback from the people who have offered to look it over, and there's still some minor tweaking to be done. (If you want a look, just PM me.) If for some reason the banner isn't done by the time we hit the end of this thread, I can always edit it in later.

That said: thread title. Suggestions are most welcome, so post any ideas you have. I thought we would just start out with "The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints OT2: [...]" I will think up some and probably just update this post as I come up with them.

Let Me Show You My Retirement Portfolio
My Kid's College Fund Is In The Flatfile
The Only Solution Is To Build More Walls
Fat Stacks
Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Mannnn that EarthBound poster is amazing. :'(

So I've been chatting with IronRinn a bit about coming up with an official logo, graphic and/or text logos, for Fancy Poster NeoGAF...
Here are the silly ideas I came up with the past few days...

See the hidden NeoGAF logo? :)
A few idea's for the logo use, sticker, tee's. (pins and buttons would be sweet too)

Variants of the logo, most people like the middle or right one I think?

Quick silly idea!
(text inspired by Horkey, Stout, Moss, Mitchell for little neogaf dude)

Would love some feedback on everything! I think I've got some interesting ideas, but the concepts aren't quite ready yet, what are your guys' thoughts? Would love to see what you guys can come up with, lets collab!

I like the hidden logo one, very subtle

orioto

Good Art™

Not saying this to blow smoke up his ass, I think Orioto's is the best of the bunch.

Aaaw thx :) I was a little unsecure honestly cause all the artists in that show are huge art bosses and there art is way more complex technically, so that makes me happy to hear that!

Anyway i've stop posting there cause i feel that i'm spamming all neogaf lol but who knows maybe some people buy my stuff from this thread! and i need sales :p

My most recent stuff:

Same as usual, posters are limited to 50 (all mediums) and they are there.

IronRinn

11313214_464945200346920_1547733856_n.jpg

thevacvvm said:
In just under 48 hours, we will release our largest project yet. It's something we've wanted to do since the site was created. Please stay tuned, we think you'll like it. #thevacvvm

Son of a fuck.

IronRinn

Random request, but have you guys ever seen any good Futurama prints? Would love to get one.

Dave Perillo did a good one that you could probably pick up for somewhere around a hundred bucks on EB, maybe?

Futurama_Dave_Perillo.jpg

Edit: See also Sushigod7 and Blingaling's suggesstions. The Perillo was from DarkInkArt as well.

Dave Perillo did a good one that you could probably pick up for somewhere around a hundred bucks on EB, maybe?

Futurama_Dave_Perillo.jpg

Edit: See also Sushigod7 and Blingaling's suggesstions. The Perillo was from DarkInkArt as well.

That Perillo is the first thing I thought of.

Super stoked for the Vacvvm surprise tomorrow!

Browny

Banned
Love the new logos, and also:

Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Yes.

Looking forward to the new thread. I'm currently waiting for one of the other managers at work to go on holiday for a week or two (so I can steal their office and unroll my Iron Man).

Meier

Didn't even catch the logo in the rolled up poster at first. That's awesome -- you rock Drew. Love the text design too.

suplex

I hope the Vacuum thing isn't a subscription only because I can't afford something like that right now.

Hoping it's more of a crazy collab print.

ruxtpin

Banned
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm not having much luck on ExpressoBeans or eBay - Does anyone have the Whalen Batman Animated version from the Mondo Pulp Menegerie series for sale? Shoot me a PM

IronRinn

Good price for 8 prints, but still more than I can spend.

Oh well, I managed to get a Randy Ortiz original yesterday, so I can't complain. This leaves me money for Daniel Danger's new print when it drops.

LaneDS

I agree that it was well priced, but I don't think I'd hang anything from it aside from the Horkey and the Delort. Really neat package/promotion though, for sure.

I would like Shopify a lot more if there was any consistency on when it saved your cart. So many times I've gotten to the point where it's supposed to be saved and I still get cart-jacked.

I lose more than I win with shopify. Today just happened to be lucky. Congrats on the Ortiz OG, I whiffed that one big time.

IronRinn

I lose more than I win with shopify. Today just happened to be lucky. Congrats on the Ortiz OG, I whiffed that one big time.

Thanks! Wasn't my first choice (I, like everyone else wanted that Medusa) but I'm super stoked to have grabbed one. First OG!

Congrats on grabbing this set. Should be pretty rad in person.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
I managed to mix up my time zones with the Vacvvm drop and missed it completely but I think it's an interesting concept. As opposed to a subscription, where you take your chances with what may come, what you see is what you get.

LaneDS

I managed to mix up my time zones with the Vacvvm drop and missed it completely but I think it's an interesting concept. As opposed to a subscription, where you take your chances with what may come, what you see is what you get.

Yeah, I prefer that option (though you had zero time to consider the purchase before seeing the prints... so it's not great in this case).

Got the first half of my Dan McCarthy prints and while they're nice enough, I feel a little disappointed by my first subscription so far.

Edit: good point to what ohkay said.

ohkay

Yeah, I prefer that option (though you had zero time to consider the purchase before seeing the prints... so it's not great in this case
I took a look at the set after I carted and got to payment before I decided to pull the trigger (which I guess is actually a good thing about shopify)

suplex

Picked up a Vacuum print set, great price for what you get and I love the easily frameable size. Can't wait to see them in person.

IronRinn

Congrats to anyone who got one. Been trying to find someone on EB who wants to split it up. Really want that Ruas.

Edit: The Shopify point is a good one, but again, plenty of times I've gotten to that payment part where it is supposed to be saved and it gets yanked out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom