• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
I hate websites that put international shipping prices at some ridiculous number when clearly they don't know how much it costs to ship. That or they are doing it wrong.

Yeah... I've abandoned hope of buying this print in the meantime, and maybe any other print in this Collection. As somebody for whom the Ratchet and Clank series was a huge part of my early teenage years (don't gasp), its pretty distressing that they'd overcharge by that much for the shipping cost.

Sigma722

A sneak at Laurent Durieux's next piece for the upcoming Bottleneck Gallery Nov show
NFjXs.png

Wizard of Oz bitches.

HTuran

Oh what in the name of arse. Shipping to the UK is an extra $60. That's the same price as the actual poster... That feels horrible. I don't know if I can pay that much, especially when places like Mondo charge less than $30 to ship a print.

Yeah, best bet would be to get it on the secondary market, much cheaper. It's what I do for anything released by Gallery1988 too.

Kerrinck

I hate websites that put international shipping prices at some ridiculous number when clearly they don't know how much it costs to ship. That or they are doing it wrong.

Definitely. Bought that First Blood poster from the artist website and he only charged 15$ for tracked shipping while some of the bigger sites charge up to 40-50$ for the same thing. Most I can stomach is 25$, more than that is way too much.

V_Ben

Banned
Yeah, best bet would be to get it on the secondary market, much cheaper. It's what I do for anything released by Gallery1988 too.

Aye :/

To put it in perspective, my two Mondo posters cost $115 including shipping to the UK. This would be more than that. What the.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
If I can't get the Reservoir Dogs print on a drop, I'd be willing to trade my Stout Avengers for it. Just something to keep in mind if anyone wants to help me nab one. :p

I've been looking for smaller pieces to put up in my office space. I love this one and just put in an order. Please feel free to post your things here when they're put up for sale. I would have missed this otherwise!

Wizard of Oz bitches.

I was just about to post the same thing. Dat yellow brick road.

Most just don't care about international orders. Prices for international vary wildly and its next to impossible to get prices correct for every location you ship too, a flat fee will never be accurate for international so many will just slap on a big price.

V_Ben

Banned
UK Shipping on Ratchet just got lowered to $45. Far more reasonable than $60, glad to see it happen so quickly. Hope the rest of the posters follow suit when they're released :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
UK Shipping on Ratchet just got lowered to $45. Far more reasonable than $60, glad to see it happen so quickly. Hope the rest of the posters follow suit when they're released :)

They will now. I worked with Jon at iam8bit and he figured it out.

They are NOT trying to make money on shipping. Just trying to make sure they don't lose money. But we kept looking at different ways to shave it down and Jon figured it out, so we're down to 45, which I think is immensely fair given what it's cost me to ship prints to the UK before

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm a novice still at this, but anyone have any idea where the Stout RD will go up? Mondo?

Mondo. But they will announce it with a days head's up.

They still have additional NYCC leftovers and Universal monster leftovers to put up.

That said, this is the 20th Anniversary Week for Reservoir Dogs, so who knows. Could pop up. My guess is it'll be a week or two

IronRinn

No doubt Mockingbird will post it soon but Mondo email went out. Remaining NYCC tomorrow, so probably no Stout Reservoir Dogs this week. Probably.

Kerrinck

Hope I can get lucky and grab that SoTD poster.
Made the mistake of trying to use paypal last time and ended up missing on the iron giant poster.

IronRinn

YUP! Can't do it till later tonite, but view it here for now:

http://e2.ma/message/142ud/5773ne

or if someone else can post it.

Fine, but only because you said it was ok:

These posters will be available on Mondo at a random time on Thursday, October 25th.

e1351102885.jpg

Poster by Jock. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

e1351102910.jpg

Poster by Jock. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

e1351102970.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 280. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

scaled_e1351103003.jpg

Poster by Randy Ortiz. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

e1351103041.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Stencil

Maybe there's a better thread to ask this is, if so please point me in that direction, but;

Does anyone know what kind of paper is used for a lot of the posters contained in this thread? Something more indicative than "real thick paper." What weight, company, etc.

I'm beginning screenprinting my own posters and want to know what paper is good for printing on...

Maybe there's a better thread to ask this is, if so please point me in that direction, but;

Does anyone know what kind of paper is used for a lot of the posters contained in this thread? Something more indicative than "real thick paper." What weight, company, etc.

I'm beginning screenprinting my own posters and want to know what paper is good for printing on...

Check out the artist's website. Tom Whalen, Dave Perillo, and Kevin Tong usually post what kind of paper they use.

Ex: http://strongstuff.net/2012/10/19/mondo-the-foghorn-leghorn/

thefoghornleghorn_reg.jpg

stock: mohawk via vellum bright white 100C

YESSSS - (ps, we are nearing a sellout. Pretty stoked as it seems like most are going to fans rather than flippers... sorry mockingbird ;-))

LOL.

Kerrinck

Got a confirmation email from mondo. Does that mean I am safe?
Filled the info so fast that I am afraid I screwed something up.

That Phantasm is sick! Too bad I've never seen the film.

It's still available too hehe.

Not surprised the City of the Living Dead is also still available, it seems Fulci stuff doesn't attract the rabid mondo crowd and stay available or a while. Even Jock's great Zombi AP is available after all this time.

Kerrinck

You should be ok. Rarely do they have oversell anymore that I know of.

Glad to know, was afraid of screwing up on the payment part but since it actually went through the processing pyment part, It must have went fine. That SoTD went by so fast that I was afraid of missing out on it.
Thank you all for the tips, specially for the auto fill and page monitor.

Sigma722

Got a confirmation email from mondo. Does that mean I am safe?
Filled the info so fast that I am afraid I screwed something up.

Like others have said, they rarely oversell. You can double check your info on your order summary from the site. If something is messed up just send them an email.

Kerrinck

Like others have said, they rarely oversell. You can double check your info on your order summary from the site. If something is messed up just send them an email.

Thanks, my only fear is that I may have left Visa when my cc is actually a mastercard. Seems like chrome auto fill does not change that.
Just sent them an e-mail to hopefully fix this.

This is up. 3 left!

Adventure Time Presents: The Creeps Artist Proof Edition by JJ Harrison

e1347468660.jpg

Poster by JJ Harrison. 24"x36" screen print. Hand signed/numbered. $50.

How to buy online: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bampop

The Mondo RD is probably tomorrow or sometime next week? Any predictions?

Might be a while since there's still universal monsters stuff to sell and the variants haven't been printed yet, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom