• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

What wonderful customer service from the USPS!!!

Cxagv.jpg

Obligatory.

omgkitty

It wouldn't be so bad if some posters didn't go out of their way to be absolute dicks most of the time.

Haha you get used to it and learn to ignore them. On the boards I just usually try to be funny (no way!) and just stick to people I know. If you really want to get to know people, go into the chat sometimes. I usually hang out there and it really helps to get to know people. I think it's just easy for EB to label people as "new" especially since there has been an influx of new users since SDCC and Breaking Bad. Just prove to them you're not an idiot and eventually people will warm up.

Yeah, I am mostly a lurker but the OP has been pretty useful for me since I usually miss out on some of these releases and the thread itself is huge to see what has and will come out all the time. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Sweet. Thanks. Will make sure to keep it more updated. lol. Thanks to everyone else as well.

In somewhat related news, all the mondo poster releases from yesterday finally sold out.

Kerrinck

There will be some for sale via Mondo, is what one of the mondo guys said. They apparently didn't bring the whole run to NYCC.

Great, will be keeping an eye on the thread then. Made the big mistake of trying to pay with paypal last time, should have listened to omgkitty advice.

Risible

Seriously do none of you guys come in here any more? Does everyone just troll EB now?

Been out most of the day :)

DAT DURIEUX FRANK! So nice.

Not sure what I might try to acquire. Love the Edmiston pieces. Strangely, the font on Ansin's Franky is really bothering me :(. And of course the Struzan's - 'nuff said.

Glassboy

Anyone in Texas going to the gallery? I would love a Ansin Frakenstein and Tong Bride and I would pay over cost for them and some money for shipping. Not expecting any bites but just throwing it out there.

Today's poster for the screening of The Mummy:

file.php

Here are the posters that debut at the Mondo Universal Monsters gallery show last night:

Frankenstein by Laurent Durieux:

durieux-frankenstein.jpg

The Wolfman by Laurent Durieux:

wolfman-1500x1000.jpg

Dracula by Laurent Durieux:

Dracula_Final.jpg

The Bride of Frankenstein by Kevin Tong:

BrideOfFrankenstein-FINAL4.jpg

Creature from the Black Lagoon Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

creature_variant11.jpg

Frankenstein by Martin Ansin:

Frankenstein-Std.jpg

Frankenstein Variant Edition by Martin Ansin:

Frankenstein-Var.jpg

The Wolfman by Phantom City Creative:

WM.jpg

The Trip by Drew Milward:

colourproofs.jpg

The Trip Variant Edition by Drew Milward:

colourproofs1.jpg

Risible

I see you guys have been in the Olly thread on EB lately? haha

Holy shit, just read through that. Typical EB. The mods need to go nuts with the banhammer in that joint, it's crazy the shit people will do and say.

EB is a great resource run by great people, but there are a bunch of bad apples who use it as their own personal toilet. It's a shame.

omgkitty

Holy shit, just read through that. Typical EB. The mods need to go nuts with the banhammer in that joint, it's crazy the shit people will do and say.

EB is a great resource run by great people, but there are a bunch of bad apples who use it as their own personal toilet. It's a shame.

I'd be happy if they just banned nosespray over there. Dude is a giant asshole. The problem with EB is that because there is no wait period to get an account, people don't care. I'll be honest and say I don't really see anything that bad but some people do tend to take things a little too far some times. If it was anything like NeoGAF I think at most people would get short bans. I've never seen anything permaban worthy.

Risible

I'd be happy if they just banned nosespray over there. Dude is a giant asshole. The problem with EB is that because there is no wait period to get an account, people don't care. I'll be honest and say I don't really see anything that bad but some people do tend to take things a little too far some times. If it was anything like NeoGAF I think at most people would get short bans. I've never seen anything permaban worthy.

Some guy posted a FS thread titled something like "MY Wife Left Me and I Have to Sell My Posters Sale" and in it some dude said "I can see why your wife left you." That shit is permaban worthy, IMO. People just acts like total dicks without fear of repercussion.

Sigma722

Some guy posted a FS thread titled something like "MY Wife Left Me and I Have to Sell My Posters Sale" and in it some dude said "I can see why your wife left you." That shit is permaban worthy, IMO. People just acts like total dicks without fear of repercussion.

That is a terrible story :(..

That same guy had a FS thread where he was trying to patch things up it sounded like, and then mid thread she told him she wanted a divorce. Rough time for him I'm sure.

IronRinn

Yes, Ansin Frankenstein! Durieux's Wolfman is nice. Tong's Bride is pretty badass too.

I think Moss bailed on EB once before when they got crazy over there. Sometimes I forget that GAF is one of the more strictly (and better) moderated forums.

Edit: Oh man, just read that thread. Hahaha, jeeeeeeeez.

B33

Banned
When are the Mondo Universal Classic Monsters prints scheduled to drop?

One article said they were supposed to be released online on October 22nd, but I haven't seen any affirmation from Mondo.

Is that a common problem? In the listing they said they were shipping it in a tube. I just hope they don't crease it :eek:

There are lots of problems with people that buy from cons to resell on ebay because some people have no experience selling posters. They might not know to use kraft paper, properly roll, or even use a strong enough tube. With this one, they might not use tissue paper so there might be scratches in the blacks as well.

10/29/2012:

The Hatter by Johnny Dombrowski

TheHatter-StandardEdition.jpg

22"x30" screen print. signed/numbered edition of 99. $75

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ @ 9:30 AM PAC

The Hatter Variant Edition by Johnny Dombrowski

TheHatter-VariantEdition.jpg

22"x30" screen print. signed/numbered edition of 25. $100

Caterpillar by Johnny Dombrowski

Caterpillar-StandardEdition.jpg

22"x30" screen print. signed/numbered edition of 99. $75

Caterpillar Variant Edition by Johnny Dombrowski

Caterpillar-VariantEdition.jpg

22"x30" screen print. signed/numbered edition of 25. $100

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is that a common problem? In the listing they said they were shipping it in a tube. I just hope they don't crease it :eek:

yeah,. though now looking at your auction, said Yazoo tube and paper, so you're probably good. Tissue would be nice given the blackness of this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom