• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/8/2012:

The Hunger by Craig Drake

Ltd-Art-Gallery-Pop-2-Craig-Drake-The-Hunger-398x600.jpg

20x30” screenprint
$50 variant edition (with metallic-red ink) of only 33
$50 regular edition of 50
$1100 original edition also available

How to buy online: http://www.ltdartgallery.com/ @ 12 PM PAC

agzaker

Neo Member
Hey guys,
Havent had much luck elsewhere so I thought I would try here. Anyone willing to let go of any of their Mike Mitchell Just Like Us prints?PM me if so!Im desperate :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wow, congrats man! When the variant popped back into stock, I carted it, but alas...

yeah, would be awesome cause I a. missed the screening here in LA due to a family event, and B. would've only wanted a variant anyway and wouldn't have thrown down 500 on the ticket (though in retrospect, should've done just that and cancelled family event, haha)

EDIT- YES CONFIRMED. WOOOOO

Ugh. To everyone who scored a 'Halloween' today: I hate you. :)

But on the bright side my UM posters will be waiting for me today, Stout 'LtROI' will arrive tomorrow, and Stout 'The Thing' (Handbill set) will arrive on Wednesday!!

Stencil

How did all these artists get into this awesome pop culture poster stuff? Were they commissioned by Alamo or what? Do a lot of people just make their own for fun? Is it met with much success?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to make my own posters, I have all the means to design and screen print them myself, but I cannot seem to answer the question of "Who cares?" I just have an undying urge to print my own artwork.

Is there some kind of page explaining the whole "Movie/Videogame/whatever Recreation" poster movement? I guess I'm just lost
in more ways than one lulz

How did all these artists get into this awesome pop culture poster stuff? Were they commissioned by Alamo or what? Do a lot of people just make their own for fun? Is it met with much success?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to make my own posters, I have all the means to design and screen print them myself, but I cannot seem to answer the question of "Who cares?" I just have an undying urge to print my own artwork.

Is there some kind of page explaining the whole "Movie/Videogame/whatever Recreation" poster movement? I guess I'm just lost

all the mondo stuff is commissioned, so i guess they schlub it out until people notice them & they get popular enough to be worthy of commission. lots of people do unofficial fan art work though & sell it through sites like etsy & society 6 etc.

Lot of artists are doing it and don't get much hype or selling out of prints in minutes. You just get lucky and your name gets out there if you can get work done with Mondo. Sure most artists would love to get their stuff released under Mondo but theres going to be lot of competition now.

Risible

I've given up hope on the Taylor Halloween :(. I was with my son at lacrosse and missed the drop yesterday, it was my last hope. None of my offers on eBeans drew much interest, so it looks like Halloween goes into my "Never gonna happen" file. Ah well.

matowest

Neo Member
I've given up hope on the Taylor Halloween :(. I was with my son at lacrosse and missed the drop yesterday, it was my last hope. None of my offers on eBeans drew much interest, so it looks like Halloween goes into my "Never gonna happen" file. Ah well.

Same here, sir. Sad, but true.

Oh wow, first time I ever opened this thread and im digging it. I need some stuff to hang on my walls for my new place. Ill have to keep my eyes open.

Haha, was doing some looking just now and those Back to the future prints mondo had are simply amazing, wish they didnt sell out long ago. :/

After getting my Halloween framed and up and my last few purchases.... I really need to be serious and call it quits finally. Maybe unsub from this thread..... damn insurance and tax payments due lol

Sigma722

11/7/2012:

The Bride of Frankenstein artist proof edition by Kevin Tong

e1351879700.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print with metallic inks. Hand numbered/hand-signed artist proof edition. Printed by Seizure Palace. $100.

How to buy online: http://tragicsunshine.com/art_prints/the-bride-of-frankenstein @ a random time.

Technically these aren't "Artist Proof" but just his allocation of the regular release. The edition size is still 380. Just for those those who are wondering.

Technically these aren't "Artist Proof" but just his allocation of the regular release. The edition size is still 380. Just for those those who are wondering.

They're usually a mix of both. Sometimes he gets part of the regular run as well. His ap edition size is usually unknown thanks to the way he numbers them.

eh, that's right at market value for these. That's right about where Tong prices his stuff

I guess the surprise is actually the market price being so low. It's one of Tong's best and the only other Bride is ansin's. I think it's underpriced in the market.

They're usually a mix of both. Sometimes he gets part of the regular run as well. His ap edition size is usually unknown thanks to the way he numbers them.

I guess the surprise is actually the market price being so low. It's one of Tong's best and the only other Bride is ansin's. I think it's underpriced in the market.

Thats the only thing i dont like about his APs, i become too curious as to how many more are out there.

And can't agree more on how underpriced this print is, its gorgeous in person

I think it will be a slow grower. Don't forget Drakes gorgeous Bride as well!

Oh yeah, forgot about his. I wasn't a fan of that one though. Her hair is too short.

Thats the only thing i dont like about his APs, i become too curious as to how many more are out there.

And can't agree more on how underpriced this print is, its gorgeous in person

Yeah, I don't like that practice either.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Snagged the Bride.

I think I'm done picking up prints for awhile. (Although I thought the same after picking up those two Jocks and a Daniel Danger at NYCC.)

omgkitty

I love that Dune print but I'm trying to be good.

Someone buy that and save me the trouble of exerting willpower.

Dude you don't even know. Every time I take the print out I remember how awesome it is and how much I don't want to sell it. I really need the money though. I think I just need to switch over and buy only Moss and Ansin prints from now on. Doesn't really help though seeing how expensive most of their prints are in the after market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom