• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will there be more streaming? Yesterday the fun was starting at this hour!

The GOP websites are very uninformative and I can't find the starting time. Thanks GOP.

Morat

Banned
When will there be more streaming? Yesterday the fun was starting at this hour!

The GOP websites are very uninformative and I can't find the starting time. Thanks GOP.

I too would like to watch [from the UK]. Fun to watch another country collapsing on itself for a change

proxy.jpg

https://medium.com/@pennyred/what-women-problem-b238f650fd8e#.5eg3gm3ue

That's double what I was expecting.

BFIB

No, this conversation about the pic says it all.

Bottom line is there is no way to have an actual conversation with a conservative anymore. As soon as you start bringing facts, or offer a differing opinion, they shut down and basically close up shop.

Bottom line is there is no way to have an actual conversation with a conservative anymore. As soon as you start bringing facts, or offer a differing opinion, they shut down and basically close up shop.

I would amend that statement to say hardcore conservatives. There are many "moderate" conservatives and "business" conservatives who are willing to admit to the correctness of liberals on social issues. The are the people who can very much be persuaded to vote for Johnson or even Clinton. They can be reasoned with to a degree.

But the hardcore conservatives are literally beyond reasoning with and the only thing you can do with them is shame and humiliate them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hardcore anything is unreasoning and religious, immune to fact and compromise. Uninterested in other points of view. It's just that the GOP has made itself the party of the hardcore extremist where the fringe is now the main body, and the moderate is the fringe.

Though even a lot of moderate republicans, while open to reason, seem to be in denial about what's happened. The rise of Trump was a wake up call that came too late.

Hardcore anything is unreasoning and religious, immune to fact and compromise. Uninterested in other points of view. It's just that the GOP has made itself the party of the hardcore extremist where the fringe is now the main body, and the moderate is the fringe.

Though even a lot of moderate republicans, while open to reason, seem to be in denial about what's happened. The rise of Trump was a wake up call that came too late.

Yes, the crazies are clearly taking over the GOP.

But from what I have seen, the non-crazies are willing to admit that Trump is an idiotic bigot even though he is going to be their nominee.

I'm not saying you can convince all of them to vote for Hillary. But Trump wouldn't have a 70% unfavorable rating if the non-crazies refused to hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom