• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Melania is going to be back. She has to play victim. This will all be the media's fault and now the RNC can get all fired up at how poorly the media treated this poor immigrant woman and how it further confirms that liberals and the liberal media are the real racists/bigots/misogynist!

Boke1879

I mean if Trump wants to bring her back. Fine. But the longer they keep this a story the longer this will be all the RNC will be known for.

Sure it sucks this is being talked about more than the other vile shit. But at least on twitter that vile shit is still being talked about. It's out there. This is still ammo for the dems to use in attack ads.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The best thing to come out of this was watching Scott Baio be publicly called out for blocking Tamron Hall on Twitter. We are truly blessed.

If you are interested in politics, I recommend you read the coverage of the '72 campaign by Hunter S Thompson (Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail).
Thompson was a fearless journalist , almost to the point of insanity and a brilliant writer.

Given how wild the coverage of Nixon and the RNC in '72 was, I have wet dreams about what would have happened if he had had the opportunity to cover the 2016 convention with Trump as the candidate.

Seriously, check it out.

EDIT: I found a great quotation in the preface: "Saying that Fear and Loathing on the campaign trail is a good book on presidential campaigns is like saying that Moby Dick is a good book about whales".

mackattk

ALL of this is just after one day. I don't know if I can handle much more. Can we do a RNC day every monday for the next month? This is too much to digest.

Keasar

Of course Melania is going to be back. She has to play victim. This will all be the media's fault and now the RNC can get all fired up at how poorly the media treated this poor immigrant woman and how it further confirms that liberals and the liberal media are the real racists/bigots/misogynist!

But, the Republicans are the ones who wanna kick her out of the country. :(

So when does day 2 start? EU viewer here ^^
Also, first time following US Elections :D

5eb887852e9d3eb25e7b62af20830bfe88f07bd6279d6f21e01570ec80cf77d8.jpg

Oh my god.. Chris Christie who is still bitter as fuck and Kevin McCarthy who can't give a speech to save his damn life are speaking today.

According to Time, he skipped a meeting with important donors today:

http://time.com/4413148/republican-convention-donald-trump-corporate-donors/?xid=tcoshare

Also mentioned on Twitter, he will not return to the convention until his speech Thursday.

"The group was led out to the football field, where NFL champions the Cleveland Browns play, to take pictures before they were let go with no information about when and if a third meeting might take place."

Wait, what crazy, upside down reality are we now in? I'm losing track.

sangreal

He unexpectedly flew back to New York last night? Isn't that weird?

That wasn't unexpected. The candidate is not usually in town for the convention. It was unexpected when it came out last night that he was planning to appear again on Wednesday

e: Oh, I see some Donor said it was unexpected. I don't know why, because even I heard on the news that he was going back to NY

kevin1025

Banned
"The group was led out to the football field, where NFL champions the Cleveland Browns play, to take pictures before they were let go with no information about when and if a third meeting might take place."

Wait, what crazy, upside down reality are we now in? I'm losing track.

Representative: "So unless there's any questions, this is where I leave you." *runs*
Donor: "I--- ....does anyone remember how to get out of here?"

Some say you can still hear their calls for help to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom