• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Wait what did Alaska do?

they split up their delegates based on the election result... the secretary gave them all to Trump anyway (Trump came in second). Presumablyh because Cruz and company suspended their campaigns. Alaska is saying that is not how their state rules work

They did this w/ a few other states too, but they all have different rules so we will see if anyone else objects. DC looked pretty pissed

they split up their delegates based on the election result... the secretary gave them all to Trump anyway (Trump came in second). Presumablyh because Cruz and company suspended their campaigns. Alaska is saying that is not how their state rules work

They did this w/ a few other states too, but they all have different rules so we will see if anyone else objects. DC looked pretty pissed
STATES' RIGHTS EVERYBODY

Litan

If a black hole opened up large enough to suck up all those people, it would continue to consume the entire Earth and possibly our entire solar system. Black holes also don't spit people out into space, they are pulled in by gravity into a single point and we don't have any idea what happens but they are completely torn apart by the time they pass the event horizon.
I don't know if you were trying to be humourous or not, but the seriousness of your post in response to what that poster said is very amusing to me.

JABEE

Did we cry foul that cars made buggy manufacturers go out of business? We can be in favor of job retraining, and shifting around to new industry, but these places seem to be against that, as it's not the industry they want.

That is true. I am just stating why people care about coal jobs. It's easy to be forward thinking when it doesn't impact you at all to see a changeover. And I am pretty sure that is the source of a lot of resentment. These are people's livelihoods and how they feed their family.

You are right though, that we should be accepting of new technology that improves production, but we also must remember the people impacted by technological change. They have real fears. Automation and technology will hurt sectors of society. Often times these changes impact the long-term security of people without expensive secondary education.

Ah I see.

SAD!

Media

Colorado better do something.

I expect them to. Will Utah do the same or are their state rules different?

It's really interesting to me, I never expected strongly conservative states like Alaska and Utah to basically say 'Fuck you, GOP.'

"Daddy, what is all this racism going on around me?"
"Just keep dancing, Billy. Just keep dancing."

efPcwsX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom