• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Sanders @samsanders
Secretary received requests from 9 states for a roll call vote. But three states didn't reach rule threshold. Says it's insufficient request

santi_yo

I mean, from the outside I really thought House of Cards was a dark parody of this whole thing. But omfg this shit is real. And it's amazing.

i'm impressed by how well that worked

Asking an American if they're proud of America or just chanting USA USA USA at us results in our complete loss of anger and hatred - all we can do is give back the appropriate response. It's in our damn DNA I guess, I don't know how else to explain it.

Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
USA USA USA

Brinbe

He's just saying stupid patriotic garbage. And lots of that shit is the GOP's fault. My god, the party of either stupidity or straight up evil lying. Disgusting party of selfish white people that only seeks to benefit the rich.

Arkeband

Banned
Can someone tell me what exactly is going on?

Roll call, right?

Well a significant amount of delegates wanted this to be the case (looked and sounded like at least 40% of the room), but they started cutting mics, chanting USA (lol), and now they have some guy speaking about how proud everyone should be to be an American and is going on about American exceptionalism.

Keasar

I am trying to spot any black, asian, latino or anyone-not-white but I swear this is the fucking hardest Where's Waldo game ever.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
It's just about embarrassing the party at this point.

Sam Sanders @samsanders
Secretary received requests from 9 states for a roll call vote. But three states didn't reach rule threshold. Says it's insufficient request

So, the petition was presented in time. Three withdrew taking it below the threshold of six, but they didn't count the three that had added on in that time.

That's pretty narrow grounds there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom